Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: "Kobe had Shaq and Gasol, plus he played on stacked teams"

I'm not really sure I'd buy the Bulls were stacked.

After Pippen, they were a fairly average team. Harper was a shadow of his former self by the time he got to Chicago.

Kobe has had the luxury of playing with those two big men. It's a totally legit argument to make. When your team runs pretty much the best offense, has all the necessary pieces and more to run it, AND has a plethora of skilled big men to rebound, play defense, get blocks, steals, etc.....how can you just ignore it?

It's really dumb when people say "Ohh, how many rings LeBron got?" Yeah, last time I checked, basketball is a team sport. Where was Kobe in 2005, 2006, and 2007? Exactly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz8vm...&feature=feedu

And when Kobe does stuff like at 3:22, 4:34, 5:52 and 6:28 of this video (not passing it to WIDE OPEN teammates while taking retarded off balance hero shots, one after another), it really stymies the theory that he can continue winning with lesser talent by making his teammates better, because apparently, when the clock is ticking down, he's somehow allergic to passing the damn ball.
    Last edited by RecSpecs110; 03-24-2011 at 03:56 AM.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    I'm not really sure I'd buy the Bulls were stacked.

After Pippen, they were a fairly average team. Harper was a shadow of his former self by the time he got to Chicago.
    You should buy it.

Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, Harper were every bit as impactful (if not more) than the Lakers supporting cast, especially when you consider Bynum's limited playing time played during the title runs.