Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default usa vs spain WC 2014 FINAL

We all know it's coming so here we go.

IMO spain takes this one unless they choke.

Some important aspects of the game:
    - The gasols high-low game leading to shooters and usa's iso heavy offense are night and day tbh. We won't stop spain from scoring but our offense is prone to getting bogged down in bad shots early in the shotclock (rose harden irving derozan gay cousins chucker central ). Our best playmaker is harden ffs. They can also play pnr rubio-gasol that transforms into high low ... we always have trouble with pnr

- i keep reading that marc gasol fares badly against anthony davis? Marc usually plays the high post for memphis, for spain he'll be low post mostly, davis is not strong enough for low post action imo and he'll get into foul trouble fast on both gasols who are more experienced and who'll have homecourt. IMO. Depends on refs, but his style in FIBA and the nonexistant perimeter D surely support AD in foul trouble.

- i keep reading that spain doesn't defend. Have you seen them against the athletes of france/senegal? These guys were struggling to get a shot. They also have a nice zone and they can mix it up with half zones like man2man+ibaka roaming.

- are usa bigs are good? anthony davis the only one. Faried is a hustler nothing more(very useful tho!) and drummond and cousins are too dumb/immature imo.

- is usa is really more talented? If we take each player separately surely... but it takes a team to win, you don't create one over night. Guys aren't playing their usual roles for team usa (curry, gay, etc). Also, only one ball means the emphasis should be on ball movement... of which we didn't see too much.

- we won some tough games against spain in 2008 (2 pt game with 4 mins to go in the 4th!, one of the GOAT games tbh) and 2012 (close game too) but that was with a MUCH better roster that played a lot together and the games were on neutral ground. There won't be any lebrons, wads, kobes, cp3s and durants to close the deal this time with clutch play to stop big runs. Also the spaniards won't be shook because they know that they were close the previous times.

- for people that don't know sports in europe the crowd will be HOSTILE like you never seen before. Like in 2004, in athens vs greece.. for the older guys that saw it live.

INB4 derrick rose gonna finals MVP 30/7/7 on 60%TS hero mode, GOAT.
    and euroleague 954^523523 threads about the healthy offseason diet of eating a bowl of dickks and how it will transform your jump shot from your ugly ray allen form to the godly spanoulis form.

Default Re: usa vs spain WC 2014 FINAL

Spoiler:

USA will play for bronze.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Spoiler:

USA will play for bronze.
    you'll miss your PG (can't remember his name). Also shooting seems to be a bit off for LIT ? Quality side tho.

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

greece is going to the final

Quote Originally Posted by SwayDizzle
    greece is going to the final
    God save this forum if they beat the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    i'm trying to picture that

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    big side that can establish the pace and with good shooting. If they limit their TO they could be trouble for the us tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    you'll miss your PG (can't remember his name). Also shooting seems to be a bit off for LIT ? Quality side tho.
    Offense is off despite the talent we've got because of no good pg and worst timing for injury of main pg (last exhibition game). Still one of the best defensive teams if not the best, but that's probably not enough to upset US so my previous post was written half jokingly, but I actually still see a possibility for upset just much lower than before Kalnietis injury.
    Last edited by Sakkreth; 09-07-2014 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Offense is off despite the talent we've got because of no good pg and worst timing for injury of main pg (last exhibition game). Still one of the best defensive teams if not the best, but that's probably not enough to upset US so my previous post was written half jokingly, but I actually still see a possibility for upset just much lower than before Kalnietis injury.
    I knew you was joking. Still 4 years ago it was a close one if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    I knew you was joking. Still 4 years ago it was a close one if I remember correctly.
    Yes we had lead in the 4th, but LeBron took over in the clutch and US won by 5. And you had all the best players Kobe, Durant, LeBron and so on.

Any competent team that has a hot shooting night, runs the pick and roll well, and can play decent zone defense has a chance to upset us.

Fortunately for the USA, we have our two best players, Lebron and KD, carrying us....

Reminds me of 2004 when we had Shaq and Kobe dominating the tournament...

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Any competent team that has a hot shooting night, runs the pick and roll well, and can play decent zone defense has a chance to upset us.
    And good bench, you need good bench or u gas out at the end vs USA.

It should be a great game. Spain would have been the favorite but this US team has been playing together for quite some time, it's not like they were assembled a week ago.
    I see Faried having a rude awakening that he won't be able to dominate the way he's been doing vs other teams.
    Spain's help defense, ball rotation and shooting have been impressive IMO.
    But US has great athletisim and coachings so....

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Fortunately for the USA, we have our two best players, Lebron and KD, carrying us....

Reminds me of 2004 when we had Shaq and Kobe dominating the tournament...
    france missing parker and noah ..
    other teams are missing key guys too