Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: "OH! A SPECTACULAR move by Michael Jordan!"

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    ISH is now run by old grandpas cercle jeking to Jordan's old videos.
    This your way of saying you'd like to watch?

Yes, to those of you with the "?", it was the thirteenth. Game two. I've watched it dozens of times.

To this day, I still think it would have been cooler if he didn't switch and just threw it down. We wouldn't have the call though.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

How does this in any way take away add too, subtract or change what I said?
    what you said is completely ridiculous - jordan didn't do any extra movements "just for the fans"...

even the switch-hands shot was an instinctive move he made in the moment.

certainly, he doesn't throw in an extra pump fake or put it through his legs extra for the fans - you have no clue what you are talking about and sound ridiculous saying that he'd throw in an extra pump fake for the fans... that's just dumb.

also, oscar robertson was the most ball-dominant player of all-time... good thing he was a point-guard so he at least was justified somewhat in his ball-domination - but in reality, no one took more time of possession to get his points and assists than oscar.

NO ONE wasted more time with the ball than oscar.

And yet, your boy is shooting 37% while on his way to retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    what you said is completely ridiculous - jordan didn't do any extra movements "just for the fans"...

even the switch-hands shot was an instinctive move he made in the moment.

certainly, he doesn't throw in an extra pump fake or put it through his legs extra for the fans - you have no clue what you are talking about and sound ridiculous saying that he'd throw in an extra pump fake for the fans... that's just dumb.

also, oscar robertson was the most ball-dominant player of all-time... good thing he was a point-guard so he at least was justified somewhat in his ball-domination - but in reality, no one took more time of possession to get his points and assists than oscar.

NO ONE wasted more time with the ball than oscar.
    um... how do you know?

can you prove it?

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus

um... how do you know?

can you prove it?

College superstar

i just watched highlights from this game..they reconfirmed what i originally believed - defenses on average were highly mediocre.

for example in the above *gif, there is nobody even contesting jordan at the 3pt line - but that isnt whats deplorable - look at as his drive to basket which is met with NO resistance or or rim protection. SMH.

a) he passes on an open 3, with no defender in sight
    b) no resistance at the hoop - free reign to do whatever (hence "the move" - which was completely unnecessary i might add).

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Who cares why he did it?

So even if it was unnecessary, only shows how dominant he was. It's like a big "f*ck yo defense. Im fina do some unnecessary shit just because I wanna style on you bitch ass muhgughas"

To the doofus saying it's easy.

Not too many people can begin to palm the ball like he did first of all. Once you eliminate the number of people that can even palm the ball like him, then you have to narrow down the list of people that have his instincts, after that you need to narrow down the list to people that are athletic enough to even pull that off.

Yes it's doable, but not as easy as some people make it seem. It isn't the motion itself that's the issue, it's palming the ball combined with the motion and the distance. But what's forgotten here is the 'hang time' needed to jump from where he did, read the defense, react switch the ball and lay it in.

Yes, doable by a select elite (handful).

And like others pointed out, it has to be taken within 'context' to fully appreciate it. MJ's had a number of better moves.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    It was unnecessary because he had a lay up, and then changed his lay up to shoot a lay up on the other side.

Nobody was defending him. There was no basketball reason to do it.

If someone was on a fast break and did a windmill, then stopped mid swing, and switched hands and shot a lay up, nobody would claim it was spectacular and everyone would question WTF he did that.
    Don't know if you've ever heard the account from MJ but he said he thought Perkins was going to jump to contest it, so he switched hands........So it wasn't unnecessary......I also can't believe this went 4 pages without somebody mentioning this......

Also not surprised to see a thread full of Jordan haters/Lebron stans......Whats new......
    Last edited by Dro; 11-18-2014 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill

This is so much better than the ugly overrated move from the first post

Hows med school bro?

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    If someone was on a fast break and did a windmill, then stopped mid swing, and switched hands and shot a lay up, nobody would claim it was spectacular and everyone would question WTF he did that.
    Actually that moves sounds pretty sick. It would look so dumb if he missed, but if it worked out then you just enjoy it. 360's on the break aren't necessary either. Hell a layup or a simple tomahawk would be quicker, but it sure is fun to watch.

Not saying everyone needs to go out of their way to try fancy shit, but when it happens and it's amazing... just enjoy it for what it is.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Not too many people can begin to palm the ball like he did first of all. Once you eliminate the number of people that can even palm the ball like him, then you have to narrow down the list of people that have his instincts, after that you need to narrow down the list to people that are athletic enough to even pull that off.

Yes it's doable, but not as easy as some people make it seem. It isn't the motion itself that's the issue, it's palming the ball combined with the motion and the distance. But what's forgotten here is the 'hang time' needed to jump from where he did, read the defense, react switch the ball and lay it in.

Yes, doable by a select elite (handful).

And like others pointed out, it has to be taken within 'context' to fully appreciate it. MJ's had a number of better moves.
    Just to add to this, but the touch was pretty tough as well. That's a lot of speed and force going forward, a player with average touch would just clank it off the backboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Don't know if you've ever heard the account from MJ but he said he thought Perkins was going to jump to contest it, so he switched hands........So it wasn't unnecessary......I also can't believe this went 4 pages without somebody mentioning this......

Also not surprised to see a thread full of Jordan haters/Lebron stans......Whats new......
    indeed...

"Cliff threw it back to me, and i saw a clear lane to the basket, so i was going to dunk the ball... i exposed the ball, but then i saw long-armed Sam Perkins there, and uh, it was just instincts to change it... i changed it to my left hand, and was able to get it off."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7vsjOHq5E0&t=0m12s

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    indeed...

"Cliff threw it back to me, and i saw a clear lane to the basket, so i was going to dunk the ball... i exposed the ball, but then i saw long-armed Sam Perkins there, and uh, it was just instincts to change it... i changed it to my left hand, and was able to get it off."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7vsjOHq5E0&t=0m12s
    /thread