Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: The difference between LeBron and Kobe...

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    The difference is Kobe squanders 3-1 lead.
    Also this

Very good NBA starter

And I already know the trolls response. The same trolls that defend Lebron's 2014 and 2015 finals.

Debating kids with no standards or consistency is no fun.

Jordan Stopper

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    MUH...

STATS, STATS, STATS, BOXSCORES

typical, hiding behind boxscores cause you cant evaluate players yourself

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
    typical, hiding behind boxscores cause you cant evaluate players yourself
    I'm sorry. I'm going to leave this dollhouse in less than 90 posts (promised myself never to get to 10.000).

This is the last response I will waste on you kiddo.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    I'm sorry. I'm going to leave this dollhouse in less than 90 posts (promised myself never to get to 10.000).

This is the last response I will waste on you kiddo.

WE

WIN!!!

5-2 vs. 3-7

Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    5-2 vs. 3-7
    3-3 > 2-5

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

the comparison would be similar ...

if ben wallace was suspended, rasheed wallace got injured halfway through the game, and tayshaun prince had a crippled back.. in which case detroit defense wouldve gotten carved by the black mamba.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    WE

WIN!!!

stats are not made equal and the circumstances are different

why do people compare number for number when Kobe in 2004 wasn't even in his prime yet and played injured against a team with 4 all-stars?

Chauncey, Rip, Ben and Sheed all played better than Curry in the 2016 Finals against a Lakers team that suffered injuries to Kobe, Fisher and Malone and Shaq was out of shape since they 3-peated

not to mention the fact that the Pistons allowed 84 points per game vs the 2016 Warriors allowing over 104 a game, oh and the Pistons didn't have their best defensive player suspended and didn't lose Ben Wallace to injury in Game 5, either. And I don't recall Shaq putting up 41 in Game 5 like Kyrie did either (he had 20 points to Kobe's 24).

the team outside Shaq/Kobe shot 62/183 (33.8%) for the series, Shaq and Kobe combined shot 96/197 (48.7%), Kyrie and Lebron combined in the 2016 Finals shot 48.1%, their teammates shot a combined 42.4%, not to mention the fact that Curry and Thompson both played like dogshit overall and Draymond Green, their best overall performer, was suspended for a close-out game 5 @ home. You take away Ben Wallace or Chauncey Billups for Game 5 and Lakers could have won 3 straight as well if you account for the fact that they had Game 6 and 7 at home, but they simply couldn't win on the road undermanned against the best defensive team of the 2000s.

So Kobe and Shaq combined shot a better percentage from the field but their teammates performed much worse overall when it came to scoring the basketball against a team that was the best we might have ever seen on the defensive end. Imagine if Lebron was guarded by prime Tayshaun Prince and Sheed and Kyrie was guarded by Chauncey Billups instead of Stephen Curry. Their production would be worse as well with a much slower pace in the handcheck era. But let's ignore the facts.
    Last edited by ImKobe; 06-22-2016 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    stats are not made equal and the circumstances are different

why do people compare number for number when Kobe in 2004 wasn't even in his prime yet and played injured against a team with 4 all-stars?

Chauncey, Rip, Ben and Sheed all played better than Curry in the 2016 Finals against a Lakers team that suffered injuries to Kobe, Fisher and Malone and Shaq was out of shape since they 3-peated

not to mention the fact that the Pistons allowed 84 points per game vs the 2016 Warriors allowing over 104 a game, oh and the Pistons didn't have their best defensive player suspended and didn't lose Ben Wallace to injury in Game 5, either. And I don't recall Shaq putting up 41 in Game 5 like Kyrie did either.
    Some of it is trolling but Kobe was in his prime in 04. 03 is one of his best years and I've heard a few arguments for it being Kobe's best season year if I disagree. Shaq put up 27ppg on 62TS%, he may have been past his prime and fat but was still great and detroit wasn't doubling off of him. He's still likely better than Kyrie in 2016 as good as Kyrie was.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Heroes get remembered, but LeGends never die.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    Some of it is trolling but Kobe was in his prime in 04. 03 is one of his best years and I've heard a few arguments for it being Kobe's best season year if I disagree. Shaq put up 27ppg on 62TS%, he may have been past his prime and fat but was still great and detroit wasn't doubling off of him. He's still likely better than Kyrie in 2016 as good as Kyrie was.
    Kobe wasn't healthy in 2004 and he was only 25, so what that he had a great year in 2003, he also had a monster 2001 Playoff run but you wouldn't say he was in his prime at age 22

Kobe needed knee surgery after the 2002-03 season followed by the rape case and the Shaq-Kobe feud that lasted the entire 2003-04 season, neither of them were 100% focused and were a fisher 0.4 shot away from losing in the 2nd round. I mean, it took two crazy 3s from Kobe against the Blazers in the regular season for them to even win their division and not be a 5 seed, that team definitely was one of the worst of the Shaq/Kobe era, at least the worst out of the 4 that made the Finals.

Shaq wasn't as good as Kyrie...stop it. Pistons played him straight up and doubled Kobe like the Cavs doubled Steph, difference is that none of the Lakers role players could hit open shots so Kobe couldn't get to his spots. It would have been a different series if the Lakers had 3-point shooters that could make their open 3s. Kobe played 46 minutes a game for the series but only got up 22 shots a game with 5 FTA, ridiculous.

Kyrie is like the opposite of Shaq, he was hitting clutch shots and scoring 10 points in a row in the 4th of the 2016 Finals, Shaq in 2004 could get his shots early but they weren't giving that to him in the 4th and he was a liability from the FT line.