Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Does GSW losing mean KD has the green light to sign with them?

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Because LeBron is held to a completely different standard than any player ever. That's why.

LaMarcus really is replacing Timmy.

But a player trying to build his resume into an all time legacy can't possibly go to the team that just knocked him out of the playoffs and won 73 games. That's just silly.
    Well, if GSW had won it all, it would be out of the question but they didn't. And everyone could see that this team has flaws. You can argue they were the 3rd best team in the playoffs behind CLE and OKC this year. 2 straight 7 game series isn't exactly dominating.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoush
    It's not ok, I hope KD does no such thing.
    What is it with you people that you always want super stars to collude, what is the fun in that. Would you rather see 2 super teams east and west and the rest of the league depleted of talent?

Returning to the original premise, I think KD would get far less criticism than LeBron, since
    (1) he wouldn't do something comparable to the Decision
    (2) he is less antagonizing than Lebron
    (3) it is pretty much universally recognized that the chances of him and Westbrook staying on the same team and actually winning is very low.
    Westbrook is a great player, but when the moment comes and the season is on the line he is bound to make stupid mistakes, he proved this far too often. KD is not assertive enough.

If KD choses to leave I would like to see him on a team like Boston or any other Eastern Conference team (except CC ofc).
    That conference has been shit far too long.

On the other hand, how great would it be KD and Westbrook won next years finals against LeBron James and CC?
    1. The Decision was really the worst thing Lebron did, and even then the proceeds went to charity. Also, why does nobody mention that the Decision wouldn't even have been possible if people weren't clamoring to watch it? I'm sure all the people complaining watched it too, so what does that say about them?

2. That is irrelevant when talking about similar situations

3. Haha, and the chances of Lebron winning in Cleveland at that time with Mo Williams as his second best player, and nothing looking good coming on the horizon were even slimmer. At least KD has a Westbrook level player on his team.

The only reason why okc lost was because durant choked game 6. It has nothing to do with his teammates.
    If he leaves to a 73 wins team and to the team that just beat him because he choked against them, it would look really bad.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    The only reason why okc lost was because durant choked game 6. It has nothing to do with his teammates.
    If he leaves to a 73 wins team and to the team that just beat him because he choked against them, it would look really bad.
    Bingo.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Well, if GSW had won it all, it would be out of the question but they didn't. And everyone could see that this team has flaws. You can argue they were the 3rd best team in the playoffs behind CLE and OKC this year. 2 straight 7 game series isn't exactly dominating.
    Yes you can argue OKC are better than a team who finished with 73 wins and beat them in the playoffs

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

I don't think he would leave, certainly not to GS after losing a painful series to them.

He would be ridiculed. Not to the extent LeBron was, partially because he wouldn't have some stupid ESPN special, and partially because LeBron will always get extra criticism AND praise because he is LeBron, but he would still get ridiculed.

KD said recently his decision will be a "basketball decision".

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...tball-decision

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

They desparately need a guy who can create his own shot when nothing is there. Curry can't do that against physical, playoff defenses and Klay is primarily an off ball player.
    You know they already won a title and should have won another right? How can they desperately need anything?

And Steph created shots against physical playoff defenses the last two years. Losing the last time we saw him doesnt mean none of that happened. It just means they lost.

This team could win 2-3 more rings with the most minor of moves to keep what they have going.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    I never said it's OK. I just don't think he would be crucified given the fact that GSW didn't win it all and they showed flaws. So that's different from winning it all.
    Who gives a flying f%ck they happened to not win the championship this year? GS was one game from back to back champions? This season KD lost to this same team. How in the flying f%ck is it now okay that he should get less flack than Miami got when Miami was half a decade removed from winning a title and just came off a being bounce in the first round in 2010. Oh, and Wade, Bosh, and James had never faced each other in the playoffs?

I am not talking about you per se but IS in general. How does Durant get away with losing a bitter battle against one of his rivals and the joins them the next season?

KD is more humble and wouldnt make a spectacle out of the whole thing as what Bran did along with all the promises and assurances he made. That along with the fact that he was leaving his home state/hometown area.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoush
    It's not ok, I hope KD does no such thing.
    What is it with you people that you always want super stars to collude, what is the fun in that. Would you rather see 2 super teams east and west and the rest of the league depleted of talent?

Returning to the original premise, I think KD would get far less criticism than LeBron, since
    (1) he wouldn't do something comparable to the Decision
    (2) he is less antagonizing than Lebron
    (3) it is pretty much universally recognized that the chances of him and Westbrook staying on the same team and actually winning is very low.
    Westbrook is a great player, but when the moment comes and the season is on the line he is bound to make stupid mistakes, he proved this far too often. KD is not assertive enough.

If KD choses to leave I would like to see him on a team like Boston or any other Eastern Conference team (except CC ofc).
    That conference has been shit far too long.

On the other hand, how great would it be KD and Westbrook won next years finals against LeBron James and CC?
    This entire post is filled with BS. According to ISH, superstars are supposed to beat their rivals not join them. LeBron and Wade weren't half the rivals that KD and the Warriors are. Wade never won an MVP award and Miami never won 70 plus games in a season.

KD would be 10000000000x worse than anything Wade or LeBron and therefore should be harassed 10000000000000x more than the 2010 Heat ever was.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    You know they already won a title and should have won another right? How can they desperately need anything?

And Steph created shots against physical playoff defenses the last two years. Losing the last time we saw him doesnt mean none of that happened. It just means they lost.

This team could win 2-3 more rings with the most minor of moves to keep what they have going.
    People get so overboard with every little thing. The Warriors were a game away from repeating. They choked no doubt, but a couple of bounces go their way, no Bogut injury, maybe they repeat. Hell, maybe Cleveland would be celebrating a repeat if they were healthy in 2015, or OKC would be celebrating a title if Klay didn't go bananas in game 6.

There's no "desperate need" for anything for the Warriors, but adding a big guy for some interior defense, rebounding, and some points in the paint would be a good move.

Obviously having a player of KD's caliber is something Warrior fans can dream of, but I highly doubt that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

Did you not watch the OKC/CLE series? They lived and died by the 3. When it wasn't hitting, they had long stretches where they couldn't generate offense because they have no one who can create their own shot consistently against set defenses inside the 3 point line. No one who has a post game. No one who can just beat guys off a TT position. All of their offense is based on body/ball movement, which is optimal ball but you also need that dominant, iso scorer sometimes when nothing is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer Bell
    People get so overboard with every little thing. The Warriors were a game away from repeating. They choked no doubt, but a couple of bounces go their way, no Bogut injury, maybe they repeat. Hell, maybe Cleveland would be celebrating a repeat if they were healthy in 2015, or OKC would be celebrating a title if Klay didn't go bananas in game 6.

There's no "desperate need" for anything for the Warriors, but adding a big guy for some interior defense, rebounding, and some points in the paint would be a good move.

Obviously having a player of KD's caliber is something Warrior fans can dream of, but I highly doubt that happens.
    Perhaps I am going a bit overboard but the fact is, they were pushed to 7 games the last 2 series. Nothing CLOSE to domination or resembling an all-time great team. This team has flaws. They struggle against physicality. Their offense is too based on the 3. How can a great team not have something as fundamental as a guy in the post who you can throw the ball too and get a basket? Or leave him isolated in the TT position who can get his shot consistently? Those are bball fundamentals that GSW lacks.

In the last 2 series, they have been DOMINATED for stretches because of this fact. Physicality is a fact of the playoffs. So is the need to create shots within the 3 points line.

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    Because dude is forced to be a jumpshooter.

Barnes's handle makes Klay's handle look like Curry's handle.

Spot up shooting is all Barnes is good for. Warriors fans were literally begging Barnes to take the ball to the hoop... and he consistently had wide open lanes. Barnes also has terrible lateral foot movement, which makes him a poor defender.

As for KD, I don't want him to join the Warriors. I'd rather spend the money on defensive players and bench depth.