Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not your average OWL onewickedlady's Avatar

Default Re: 2013-2014 Bobcats W/L record and commentary

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Big Al has his first significant night with a double-double and some really nice passes, the Cats overcome a terrible shooting performance and being without McBob and beat the Celtics on the road. I'll take it.
    I think that we have to give some credit to Tolliver and his 3-pointers, too, and yes I agree that "Big Al" is a terrific addition to the team. I think that we've finally reached the point that we aren't going to lose a game just because we're missing one significant player and we're better at winning close games.

It is always strange watching Felton and G-Dub playing on other teams. As well as Tyson Chandler, whom we should have kept, and Mek. RP--do you still have your Emeka Okafor bobblehead doll?

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

nice discussion that you guys are having.. charlotte is slowly getting it ... i hope this would continue but hey if they still decide to tank it wont hurt.. but i guess having big al has changed the attitude of this team.. am not saying jefferson would give you guys a ring but dude is a pain downlow for defending teams... I wont be surpise if dude is going to be an all star in the east...

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    nice discussion that you guys are having.. charlotte is slowly getting it ... i hope this would continue but hey if they still decide to tank it wont hurt.. but i guess having big al has changed the attitude of this team.. am not saying jefferson would give you guys a ring but dude is a pain downlow for defending teams... I wont be surpise if dude is going to be an all star in the east...
    It's nice getting some positive feedback. We're at .500 so it's time for folks to stop dissing us.
    And yes it would hurt if we tanked. After nine years as a team it's tiring still hearing that we're a "young" team and re-building and all that bleep. It's time that we are a force to contend against; it's time that we have earned the respect of the referees so that the officiating is more balanced when we play; there are lots of reasons why it's time to aim for the sky. Do we have work to do. Of course. We should always be looking for ways to improve. That's being honest.

Keep cheering for us.

Quote Originally Posted by onewickedlady
    RP--do you still have your Emeka Okafor bobblehead doll?

Yes!

Tough stretch coming up: At Cleveland tonight, Miami at home tomorrow, then at Chicago and Brooklyn at home. I'd be very happy if we go 2-2.

Its on Bobats VS cavs!! go go go cats hornets :)

What a turn around--Cavs were ahead by 12 and Cats win the game. We're learning how to finish. Not only that, we swept a road trip. Once again, this time in English, we swept a road trip.

Who are these masked bandits?

Quote Originally Posted by onewickedlady
    What a turn around--Cavs were ahead by 12 and Cats win the game. We're learning how to finish. Not only that, we swept a road trip. Once again, this time in English, we swept a road trip.

Who are these masked bandits?

LeBron brings them back down to Earth. I was pleased overall with the way we played Miami, especially with no offensive weapon besides Kemba. Still, even if we had a healthy Big Al there was no way LeBron was going to let this one get away. He's playing on a level I haven't seen since prime MJ.

Great crowd in the arena Sat. night, and most of them were Bobcats fans. They had a funny segment on the screen during a timeout where they went up to Heat bandwagon fans and asked them questions like "Can you name one player on the Heat other than LeBron, Wade or Bosh?"

Btw, our Cats are currently 5th in the East. I know that doesn't mean anything in November but I like the sound of it.

Hard fought game in Chicago last night. Breakout performance from Jeff Taylor and another good defensive outing. Offensively we came up short again, but I'm still pleased with the way we're playing. A few tweeks here and there and this team could be dangerous come All-Star break.

You've been 'Smacked!

Brooklyn looks old. We pretty much dominated that game until the end and as much as I hate to say it I think our rotations had something to do with it.

Won in the end though.

Glad Kemba had a good shooting night. Looks like he's finally starting to get over those injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by ~spectre~
    Brooklyn looks old. We pretty much dominated that game until the end and as much as I hate to say it I think our rotations had something to do with it.

Won in the end though.

Glad Kemba had a good shooting night. Looks like he's finally starting to get over those injuries.

Yeah I can't believe we only scored 12 points in the 4th quarter and still won the game. Sessions was horrible in that period.

you were right you guys got 2-2 :) good job... I hate the nets .. too washed up

High School Varsity 6th Man treadster's Avatar

Since Al Jefferson back in the lineup, Biz has only played a handful of minutes this last two games while Zeller keeps getting minutes even though he played worse than biz. I really wonder what is in Clifford mind sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by treadster
    Since Al Jefferson back in the lineup, Biz has only played a handful of minutes this last two games while Zeller keeps getting minutes even though he played worse than biz. I really wonder what is in Clifford mind sometimes.
    I'm thinking the same thing. When you see Big Al on the bench he's always talking to Biz, giving him pointers and encouragement. Maybe it's just a matchup situation with the last 2 games but you can't have Jeff Adrien playing the 5 every night.

Wow, what a game against the Heat! You just knew they would go on a 4th quarter run and when that happened we came up just short. One extra rebound, one lucky bounce here or there and who knows? It's a disappointing loss but you have to be encouraged on how much better we are from last season.