Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Why do I keep seeing people solely blaming the players for this predicament?

I keep seeing people on this board full on blaming the players here.

From the reports im hearing out there, the owners seem to be bending them over a table right now....I mean, literally the owners dont seem to be giving AT ALL.....yet the players have eased on their stance on SEVERAL levels, and things involved in this.

So, what is it....are you falling for the PR war, and BS put out there, or do you HONESTLY believe the players should take an absolutely horrible deal so you can see some ball?

Why should owners that make HORRIBLE decisions with their money be rewarded or rather, protected from losing money?

Again, from reports im hearing...owners arent giving MUCH back into this, but rather taking, and taking, and taking.

Default Re: Why do I keep seeing people solely blaming the players for this predicament?

Don't think people are blaming the players, just saying the ball is in their court because this will be the best they can get, even if it's terrible. If they refuse and there's no season, the offers will only get worse from here on in, so they're really without any choice.

Default Re: Why do I keep seeing people solely blaming the players for this predicament?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Don't think people are blaming the players, just saying the ball is in their court because this will be the best they can get, even if it's terrible. If they refuse and there's no season, the offers will only get worse from here on in, so they're really without any choice.
    There's lots of blaming

To be flat out honest, the players would be FOOLS to take what they're being given right at this moment. They're STILL easing up on VARIOUS stances, and the owners are STILL trying to get more and more. From the reports im hearing, its literally RIDICULOUS how greedy these owners are, and frankly I wouldnt want the deal the owners are presenting.

The basics of it are this...the owners know the players cant go elsewhere, so they're using thug tactics to take them to the cleaners. Its REALLY distasteful to hear as a fan....and while I know the players get paid a LOT to play ball....they're having basic freedoms as athletes being taken away from them and the owners still want more...

I mean hell, even the NFL lockout wasnt this sorry to see....there has to be a basic "back and forth" and so far im ONLY seeing the owners blasting them out of the water, and I think its really pathetic given how horrible some of these owners run their franchises.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

LOL at anybody taking either side. Both sides could careless about us and yet you see guy's sticking up for the players or tearing them down taking the owners side. Both sides are going to do what's best for them. Both sides could be considered "greedy" I guess. Are the owners bending over the players? Probably and that's because they have the leverage to do so. Can't expect them not to use it. Just like if the players could bend the owners over while cancelling a season? They wouldn't think twice.

Both sides can go f*ck themselves as far as I'm concerned

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    To be flat out honest, the players would be FOOLS to take what they're being given right at this moment. They're STILL easing up on VARIOUS stances, and the owners are STILL trying to get more and more. From the reports im hearing, its literally RIDICULOUS how greedy these owners are, and frankly I wouldnt want the deal the owners are presenting.

The basics of it are this...the owners know the players cant go elsewhere, so they're using thug tactics to take them to the cleaners. Its REALLY distasteful to hear as a fan....and while I know the players get paid a LOT to play ball....they're having basic freedoms as athletes being taken away from them and the owners still want more...

I mean hell, even the NFL lockout wasnt this sorry to see....there has to be a basic "back and forth" and so far im ONLY seeing the owners blasting them out of the water, and I think its really pathetic given how horrible some of these owners run their franchises.
    Would they not end up just getting a worse deal or losing more money than if they just accepted this one though?

Very good NBA starter

The players are willing to make a deal, it's the owners that want it all or nothing. Or should we say a small minority of owners. Players have give up 7% of the BRI which covers all of the owners losses. They've reduced contract lengths, raises etc. If the owners wanted a season they could have a started one already.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    The players are willing to make a deal, it's the owners that want it all or nothing. Or should we say a small minority of owners. Players have give up 7% of the BRI which covers all of the owners losses. They've reduced contract lengths, raises etc. If the owners wanted a season they could have a started one already.
    I don't disagree with anything. But like people have been saying, it's not about who's right or wrong or what's fair or unfair. It's about who has the money and bargaining position and who doesn't. Trust me, no one dislikes the owners for this more than I do (an investment with guarranteed return? that's the stupidest thing ever) but what can we do?

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    I keep seeing people on this board full on blaming the players here.

From the reports im hearing out there, the owners seem to be bending them over a table right now....I mean, literally the owners dont seem to be giving AT ALL.....yet the players have eased on their stance on SEVERAL levels, and things involved in this.

So, what is it....are you falling for the PR war, and BS put out there, or do you HONESTLY believe the players should take an absolutely horrible deal so you can see some ball?

Why should owners that make HORRIBLE decisions with their money be rewarded or rather, protected from losing money?

Again, from reports im hearing...owners arent giving MUCH back into this, but rather taking, and taking, and taking.
    Yes, that's EXACTLY what I believe should happen. I won't cry a river over 3% of the BRI or whatever these guys want.

Is it selfish? Then sue me.

Quote Originally Posted by SourGrapes
    There's lots of blaming
    For them not taking the deal because they won't do better, not because it's a fair deal.

If we get 50 dollars and I offer you only 2 or 1, they both suck, but you should still take 2 and you'd be blamed if you didn't.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    Yes, that's EXACTLY what I believe should happen. I won't cry a river over 3% of the BRI or whatever these guys want.

Is it selfish? Then sue me.
    So why doesn't it work the other way? Shouldn't the owners just take the deal that covers their losses so we can play basketball?

So why doesn't it work the other way? Shouldn't the owners just take the deal that covers their losses so we can play basketball?
    Because the players will lose more. If the owners lose money, they'll just offer an even worse deal and the players will have to take it then.

**** David Stern and the owners

Actually, I don't care either way which side gives in, but at this point, it's more realistic to expect the players to do so.

Very good NBA starter

Because the players will lose more. If the owners lose money, they'll just offer an even worse deal and the players will have to take it then.
    But the owners are already getting money back to cover their losses. They've pretty much just broken even without actually having to put any work into how they run their business. I'm just saying the owners have gotten everything they asked for and more. To say the players are holding this up is just doesn't make any sense.