Thread: Trade Assets

Default Re: Trade Assets

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Calderon for Mario Chalmers and birdman
    We can do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    We can do that?
    Guess not. But they were trying to dump salary. Somebody else will too.

Lavine, bjelica, pekovic,
    For
    Calderon, saraphin, afflalo, 2 1sts

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Guess not. But they were trying to dump salary. Somebody else will too.

Lavine, bjelica, pekovic,
    For
    Calderon, saraphin, afflalo, 2 1sts
    We arent trading picks anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    We arent trading picks anymore.
    You're prob right, but it shouldn't be a rock solid rule. There's still the need to improve this team and put something in place that a free agent would want to sign.

I can't believe so many here were so against improving the team through trades because the free agency was going to be the answer. Then you get robin Lopez and afflalo and now that's enough?

The point I was trying to make wasn't necessarily that I think there will for sure be trades because maybe there isn't. But it is impressive to go from having zero trade assets to quite a few.

It used to be about getting a big 2 or 3 and building role players around. It still should. Carmelo and porzingis are in place. Nobody else should be untradable. Of course I want to keep Grant and Galloway. And it would be nice to still have Lopez and afflalo, but all of those guys are replaceable. Esp the afflalo, d will, saraphin parts- if you could get a long term piece for those guys you have to take it.

Would you trade the 2 firsts and a guard + Lopez and afflalo for cousins?

I just think bjelica and Lavine would be worth future picks. People complain and think they're wrong but the wolves are imo doing the right thing for Lavines development by playing him at pg. that's where his highest ceiling is. As a triangle pg it would be even higher. Bjelica would be the perfect pf if porzingis future is at Center. Lopez just seems like a guy that you hope isn't still your starting center in 3-4 years I guess unless they keep porzingis at 4.

Lopez- 13
    Afflalo- 8
    Williams- 4
    Saraphin - 3

Sasha/Thomas/Amundsen throw ins

Cleanthony, maybe Galloway or grant if you had too.

I honestly believe some combination of any to all of those pieces and you could add a top3 piece type player. And If not atleast get expirers back to try free agent again now that you have Carmelo AND KP in place.

Nets, lakers, philly. There's a trade in there with all of them. And they're all garbage. Somebody will deal

Philly - go get tony wroten from them somehow. They won't want him to come back and start winning them games.

Lakers- get clarkson. He is a triangle pg that lakers may not want to max out and give up most of the cap they get back from Kobe

Brooklyn- get the lopez's to demand playing together either way

This team needs Ryan Anderson. Whichever of their 3 guards they have could also be a great fit. I love jrue holiday, but tyreke or even Eric Gordon would be an upgrade to the knicks backcourt.

What is a trade for Anderson and a guard that they might like. Can't imagine they'd want Lopez unless they see him as a huge upgrade over Asik. Then Asik prob has to come back.

I would love to see Anderson and Gordon because then the Knicks would hAve a better shot to win this year and would have 40 mill or so capspace

Lavine would be such a perfect guard for this team moving forward. Kp's age and what the team needs now

I would even swap Lopez and pekovic for that

Remember when you said Robin Lopez and afflalo were un tradable pieces.

Nobody will call you out for dumb thoughts.

You want to watch Afflalo shoot more or try to get something for him? Told you

*talking to himself*
    Last edited by smoovegittar; 12-28-2015 at 06:11 PM.

Kings will make moves. Maybe it's just fire Karl. Very small chance it's trade cousins.

If they were going to trade cousins would you give up future 1sts for him?

Here's the real question. What if they just want to get rid of Rudy gay? Afflalo and Calderon for gay?

I want Afflalo traded for value. Can't stand watching him try to be a primary option. Not sure if he'd be willing to be a role player even if the Knicks had enough talent to require him to. If Afflalo could get rid of Calderon I'd do it. I wouldn't even mind if Lance Thomas was the starting 2. Atleast he's know he was a role player.

If Thomas at 2 could happen how much greater would Rudy gay be. Carmelo/gay/Thomas/dwill would be a pretty sweet 2,3, part time 4 rotation.