Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Your Own Eyes - Top 5 fits in the Draft

Now that all the games are over you should be able to determine who you think are the best players/fits for the Knicks in this draft. I doubt many go out on a limb and post their thoughts but it would be really interesting if you did.

I was hoping you could do 2 lists. Players for the Knicks top 5 pick, and 5 players outside of the top 10/lottery that you think would be great fits for the Knicks.

Top 4-5 pick
    1- Russell- going to be so hard to find a pg in FA, and this guys skill set fit very well w both Carmelo and the system. I'm not saying that if think towns and/or okafor are a tier above that you take Russell anyway, but if you see them on the same tier you do
    2- WCS- when someone fits perfectly between your best 2 players and masks their weaknesses that is considered a great fit. Towns or okafor you take to be a main piece for who knows how many years down the road. WCS steps in right away and makes the team better
    3- Winslow- brings a lot to the table at sg between Carmelo and Calderon. Covers, rebounds, and brings a physical presence.
    4- towns- may have a top 2 ceiling in this draft and could be built around down the road. Won't be nba ready and will struggle defensively at the 4, keeping that as a weak spot for the Knicks
    5- porzingis- like towns or okafor if the Knicks are drafting for the next team they build instead of building a team to get better now I'd look hard at porZingis because of his length and athletic ability.

Later pick perfect Knicks (incase a pick is acquired)

10-20 dekker 6-9 sf/sg/pf- dekker would start at sg and play both F spots w his height giving the kukoc/Lamar odom type mismatches and ability to make entry passes. Prob wishful thinking to get into this part of the draft

20-40 Norman Powell 6-4. A pg in the triangle. May slip from not being a pg in most systems. Powell should be a target because of his athleticism, defensive versatility, and shooting potential. Like a bigger stronger faster Derrick fisher

10-20 Kaminsky would also fit perfect, can't seem to come up w guys outside this 10-20 area. looney if he slips will be what most though cleanthony would be. A combo forward w huge defensive and rebounding upside

I like the what I read about Dunn of orovidence but haven't seen him

Andrew Harrison is also a good fit as a triangle pg. I like Powell better but maybe the racist factor slides him farther

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Your Own Eyes - Top 5 fits in the Draft

I could see Phil drafting Winslow and bringing in guys like Tobias Harris, and Greg Monroe in here.

PG - Calderon/Shved
    SG - Winslow/THJ/Ledo
    SF - Melo/Early
    PF - Harris/?
    C - Monroe/?

George Lucas de Paulo or whatever his name is, is the other foreign guy that I like just based off of youtube highlights. I really don't see how mudiay is such a consensus and this guy is nowhere to be seen

I would think he gets picked in the 20's but would be great as a 2nd rounder type.

Philly has 2 2nds really early. Hope the Knicks can get one.

Which would you rather if it was a trade back? 4 & 19 for 1 or 2. Or 4 & 32 & 35

The Knicks suck. You don't draft on need when the whole roster sucks. You're clueless.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

If the Knicks draft Russel, they will be scrapping the triangle. it's like buying a Bugatti for Sunday drives down country roads.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    If the Knicks draft Russel, they will be scrapping the triangle. it's like buying a Bugatti for Sunday drives down country roads.
    Nonsense. Russell will be great in the triangle. His shooting will be a huge fit in the system and with Carmelo specifically

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Nonsense. Russell will be great in the triangle. His shooting will be a huge fit in the system and with Carmelo specifically
    Nope, Russel has take over potential. i know this might be hard to understand but guys who can take over games dont actually "fit" the triangle. the system maximizes the role players moreso than the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Nope, Russel has take over potential. i know this might be hard to understand but guys who can take over games dont actually "fit" the triangle. the system maximizes the role players moreso than the stars.
    So MJ, Scottie, and Kobe didn't "fit" the system?

I think he fits because of his shooting. The triangle is about putting guys in position to be effective and have options. Sure the best triangle teams have usually had wing players like pippen or even pf's like Lamar odom or kukoc to initiate the offense, but that doesn't mean it can't be done from a guard.

The triangle offense is going to be a great fit for Carmelo and would be for Russell as well.

PG Russell 6-5 Ohio St
    PG Lucas de Paulo 6-5 Brazil
    PG Powell 6-4 UCLA
    SG Mario 6-8 SG
    SG Booker 6-6 Kentucky
    SG Winslow 6-6 Duke
    SF Dekker 6-10 Wisconsin
    SF-Looney 6-10 UCLA
    PF WCS 7-0 Kentucky
    PF Porzingis 7-1 Latvia
    PF Kaminsky 7-0 Wisconson

Entire Knicks draft board. Not in order. Figure out how to trade okafor and/or towns for multiple people on this list. Dekker, Powell, looney and Frank the mid first round fits the others top 10

PG Russell 6-5 Ohio St
    PG Lucas de Paulo 6-5 Brazil
    PG Powell 6-4 UCLA
    SG Mario 6-8 SG
    SG Booker 6-6 Kentucky
    SG Winslow 6-6 Duke
    SF Dekker 6-10 Wisconsin
    SF-Looney 6-10 UCLA
    PF WCS 7-0 Kentucky
    PF Porzingis 7-1 Latvia
    PF Kaminsky 7-0 Wisconson

Entire Knicks draft board. Not in order. Figure out how to trade okafor and/or towns for multiple people on this list. Dekker, Powell, looney and Frank the mid first round fits the others top 10

I'm pretty sure the Knicks don't want Okafor. They would not pass up on a guy like Towns. I think if Towns is off the table and the Knicks pick 2nd, I think they'd be wise to trade down with wherever L.A. lands (either 4th or 5th) and draft Winslow. In turn, L.A. would also give us their 26th pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    I'm pretty sure the Knicks don't want Okafor. They would not pass up on a guy like Towns. I think if Towns is off the table and the Knicks pick 2nd, I think they'd be wise to trade down with wherever L.A. lands (either 4th or 5th) and draft Winslow. In turn, L.A. would also give us their 26th pick.
    Carmelo/Winslow would be a load to handle for any 2 and 3. Imagine the match ups and advantages physically, on the glass and as a cutter Winslow would have playing "SG" on the Knicks.

Carmelo/Winslow would be a load to handle for any 2 and 3. Imagine the match ups and advantages physically, on the glass and as a cutter Winslow would have playing "SG" on the Knicks.

The thing I like about Winslow is that he fits a need that the Knicks have at SG. We can sign a Center, but a guy like Winslow only comes around every now and then. Great defender and his offense just needs some slight polishing. His handles aren't the greatest, but because he's a lefty, I see a lot of James Harden in him with some DWade defense.

He can hit the 3 and make free throws. Hard to say no to him.

Dam team can't even tank properly

Do you guys all think Booker will go top 10 or I'll he really be in the teens? Any of the 3 of Winslow/Mario/Booker would be fun to see but doubt they go SG unless maybe in the 4 or 5 spots

Krust Kingz

Until the Knicks scrap the Triangle they might as well take a big. But a Guard is what's needed. An impact player difference maker.