Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: 09 Kobe vs 12 Bron, playoff run POLL

Someone else can count ALL the votes if they want but I want to count them only from what I consider legitimate accounts.. So right now its

6-6

I know this means maybe I miss an individuals true opinion but for some reason I think these accounts belong to the same guys ya know so I'll do this.

Cutoff at 200 posts basically.
    Last edited by RazorBaLade; 07-02-2012 at 01:56 AM.

Serious playground baller General's Avatar

One of the reasons I pick Kobe is because Lebron put up those stats against weaker opposition. There is no way he gets past the second round without Bosh if he were playing in the Western Conference. He ultimately needed both Bosh and Wade to get by the aging Celtics. If people are going to discredit Kobe for winning with Shaq, then they need to be consistent and discredit Lebron for winning with both Wade and Bosh.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybrook
    Well, instead of arguing into an infinite void, I'll just say Kobe, because I like him better. I do not care for LeBron, and no amount of arguing will change my perspective.

Na na na na na na!
    This is the reason for most of Kobes votes, I like your honesty.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening
    This is the reason for most of Kobes votes, I like your honesty.
    I think most of us are voting for him because of the superior 4th quarter play, the lesser teammates, and not much worse stats with less minutes and a slower pace actually all contributing to being a slightly better playoff run overall. But oh well.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by General
    One of the reasons I pick Kobe is because Lebron put up those stats against weaker opposition. There is no way he gets past the second round without Bosh if he were playing in the Western Conference. He ultimately needed both Bosh and Wade to get by the aging Celtics. If people are going to discredit Kobe for winning with Shaq, then they need to be consistent and discredit Lebron for winning with both Wade and Bosh.
    People discredit Kobe because Shaq won the FMVP those times. If Kobe won them there would be no discussion about this. Lebron was the clear leader on this team, which why his championship isnt being treated like Kobe's first 3.

Also, do you sincerely think Kobe's competition was good in 09? What was so good about the teams he faced? Orlando in the finals with an injured Jameer?

Gawdbe easily...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TerranOP
    People discredit Kobe because Shaq won the FMVP those times. If Kobe won them there would be no discussion about this. Lebron was the clear leader on this team, which why his championship isnt being treated like Kobe's first 3.

Also, do you sincerely think Kobe's competition was good in 09? What was so good about the teams he faced? Orlando in the finals with an injured Jameer?
    Orlando had the DPOY and was a good defensive team. Better than OKC which was mediocre. Nugs were no bos tho, but rockets and utah are west teams man... idk, does philly and indy even make playoffs in the west?

Local High School Star TheeBeast's Avatar

Kobe easily. He took harder shots and was more important for his team than Lebron
    Last edited by TheeBeast; 07-02-2012 at 02:05 AM.

Banned

Wow I am starting to hate kobe fans on this site

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    Lebron had a statistical advantage but we have to consider the help and the teams IMO. They also played faster and bron played more min. Gotta consider it at all.

I dont know if I can take anyone seriously that doesnt think its at least close either way.
    lebron had less help. Wade was injured and played bad for large stretches. Bosh was out for most of the playoffs.

Lebron was easily better.

Quote Originally Posted by TheeBeast
    Kobe easily

Orlando had the DPOY and was a good defensive team. Better than OKC which was mediocre. Nugs were no bos tho, but rockets and utah are west teams man... idk, does philly and indy even make playoffs in the west?
    I do agree Orlando was a pretty good defensive team. But an injured Jameer? He had a career season that year. I thought OKC was pretty damn good, they took out the Spurs, who SO many people had as favorites because of how hot they were. Durant played really well throughout the playoffs, Westbrook had his moments. I have to admit that Harden was a huge joke in the finals, but that doesn't discredit the team as a whole. They were not underdogs at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    lebron had less help. Wade was injured and played bad for large stretches. Bosh was out for most of the playoffs.

Lebron was easily better.
    **** you

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

**** you
    Delusional Kobe stan.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Quote Originally Posted by TerranOP

Would James win fmvp in those years? **** no.
    Consider context dickheads. You guys put way too much value into fmvp, when Kobe played next to prime Shaq. Guy was still top 5 player in 01 and top 3 in 02. Lmao