Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: Curry is confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    I don't think he's hot. I think this is him. He'd furthered his game and his shot seems here to stay. It's going to be a crazy future.

You just broke Curry's heart

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    hi PG

to me there's too much confidence in that shot. he doesn't even think very well contested shots are going to miss. perfectly unconscious style
    Yesh Fresco, its so effortless you wonder if he activated a different part of the brain.

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    its bizarre. curry was always a good shooter but he exploded 2014 and surpassed/skipped over 2-3 levels at once from 2013 to 2014.

maybe there is a coherence with the absence of monta ellis
    Yeah. Even back before their runs in the playoffs, people were saying he is the best, or at least top 3 ever at shooting. Then this all happened...

I was thinking, maybe everyone would be more successful if they came down the court and looked for the 3 more often, and almost spammed it. But we have seen teams do that previously and were no where near as successful.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    To be fair, Kerr wasn't going to start Draymond last season either until Lee got hurt (he penciled him in for like 12mpg). They also got better assistants for Kerr than they had for MJax, though Jax refused to listen to others' input for coaching hires.

Also, Curry/Klay/Barnes should improve as they got older, regardless if MJax was still the coach. Kerr's a top 5 coach, but it wasn't him alone that made this team ATG. He does a great job listening to other's inputs for schemes and plays the correct combo of players, and he knows how to use TOs and in-game adjustments for sure.

I'd argue that Byron is worse than Jackson. When he hasn't had prime Kidd or CP3 his teams accomplish almost nothing. He's got the worst winning % for somebody who's coached 1,000+ games, and that includes those Finals Nets and upstart New Orleans teams.
    This.

They began to believe in themselves with Mark Jackson and improved every year. Bogut, Iggy and Lee kept missing games. Dray and Klay were just showing signs but they gained their confidence under Jackson. Natural progression for Klay, Dray and Curry who are the corner stones. I think the freeing up of Kerr at the right time greatly helped the team but to blame Jackson is to take away from Curry. most great offensive players would flourish under this current system.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    its bizarre. curry was always a good shooter but he exploded 2014 and surpassed/skipped over 2-3 levels at once from 2013 to 2014.

maybe there is a coherence with the absence of monta ellis
    According to an ESPN article about his ankle rehab, it's all due to Curry's core strength training he did in rehab. Also after two years of being constantly injured he never thought he'd be healthy again after one of his ankle injuries and said this changed his mindset so he started taking the game and his training and drills more seriously.

He didn't always do that insane handle warmup drill that is now his signature.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Yeah. Even back before their runs in the playoffs, people were saying he is the best, or at least top 3 ever at shooting. Then this all happened...

I was thinking, maybe everyone would be more successful if they came down the court and looked for the 3 more often, and almost spammed it. But we have seen teams do that previously and were no where near as successful.

that's half of what james harden does every game, what steph is doing is not new he's just elevating it to another level

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

He never really impressed me tbh. I mean, he was a great shooter and you sometimes see him shooting a couple feet behind the line, but he wasn't a volume shooter. I just thought of him like a Ray Allen with better handles.

Mark Jackson and I think a few other coaches/players did say he was the GOAT shooter. Mostly due to his volume at the 3pt attempt. But I was like meh. Even last year when he improved on his off the ball, handles, and volume, he wasn't an awe aspiring player until the playoffs.

But yeah, ever since Kerr took charge, Curry seemed like a different player. His stats were mostly the same as it was with Mark Jackson last year, but he was more efficient and played a little differently. Like I said before, in the playoffs he kind'a exploded.

This year.....is just surprising. You see this type of stuff in a max character in 2k. I have no words. I'm just enjoying the ride.