Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Re: The Most Points In A Game 7 In NBA Finals History

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    No it wasn't. They were both selfish, in different ways. At least Kobe, even if selfishly gunning for Finals MVP status was playing ... HARD, trying to get buckets.

What was prime LeBron doing, against an inferior team? Standing around, not even trying, being completely nonexistent out there. Getting lite up by 6th men, and role players.

No excuses, LeBron's 2011 is the worst performance on the big stage from a superstar I've EVER seen. Then Kobe's 2004. Not simply for the poor performance, because of the obvious agenda in both cases behind them.

LeBron almost seemed salty Wade was playing so well, he looked like a pouting younger brother when Wade scolded him on TV in Dallas. He was being selfish, and visibly looked disinterested in trying.
    What's worse,
    1) being passive and letting the player who has a hot hand do his thing, or
    2) playing like shit and not letting the guy with the hot hand get any touches

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    Oh really? way to talk out of your ass.

Kobe averaged 3.6 TO per game.
    http://www.nba.com/lakers/stats/2003...als_stats.html

Lebron averaged 5.75 TO per game
    http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/stats/2...als_stats.html

Are all Lebron stans like this? Pulling crap out of thin air and knowing nothing about basketball at all?
    Damn, and I just posted the links above. If that was the start of Kobe's prime, then Lebron in 2007 was definitely starting his prime too

Kobe's 2004 FG: .381
    Lebron 2007 FG: .356

You lebron stans make this too easy

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFanNumero1
    What's worse,
    1) being passive and letting the player who has a hot hand do his thing, or
    No, don't twist this to fit your agenda. LeBron wasn't asserting himself at all. Even when they needed his help. They just needed his average type production. Not even raise his game BEYOND his normal production ala MJ '91 - '93, Shaq 2000 - 2002, or Wade 2006.

No one was asking for 1 man army type stuff from him.

That's why Wade yelled at his ass. Stop playing mental gymnastics to convince yourself Kobe's was worse. Just accept it was a poor performance and move on. LeBron did, and he redeemed himself.

But the fact of the matter remains, LeBron was selfish, bitter, childish ... and visibly looked disinterested. Not passive, letting someone try to win games 1 v.s. 5 as you're asserting like it's some sort of positive.

He literally wasn't even trying. Guy couldn't even abuse JJ Barea in the post he looked so spiteful, and disinterested. It was disingenuous to that stage of the game, and the competitive nature of basketball itself. Totally selfish, or self serving. Just in a passive way, instead of an over aggressive way like Kobe in 2004.

Good college starter

No, don't twist this to fit your agenda. LeBron wasn't asserting himself at all. Even when they needed his help. They just needed his average type production. Not even raise his game BEYOND his normal production ala MJ '91 - '93, Shaq 2000 - 2002, or Wade 2006.

No one was asking for 1 man army type stuff from him.

That's why Wade yelled at his ass. Stop playing mental gymnastics to convince yourself Kobe's was worse. Just accept it was a poor performance and move on. LeBron did, and he redeemed himself.

But the fact of the matter remains, LeBron was selfish, bitter, childish ... and visibly looked disinterested. Not passive, letting someone try to win games 1 v.s. 5 as you're asserting like it's some sort of positive.

He literally wasn't even trying. Guy couldn't even abuse JJ Barea in the post he looked so spiteful, and disinterested. It was disingenuous to that stage of the game, and the competitive nature of basketball itself. Totally selfish, or self serving. Just in a passive way, instead of an over aggressive way like Kobe in 2004.
    I don't have an agenda. I've said many times that's one of the worst finals performances I've ever seen. But at least he didn't get in Wade's way. I'd rather have him give up all his shots to Wade than him hogging the ball and bricking every shot like he did at the end of game 2, even though Wade had been killing it.

Btw that barea comment is wrong. I recall Lebron trying to post him up but Barea would just flop and the ref would call Lebron for a foul.

My bad. Thought you were only referring to the '04 and '13 Finals. Though you don't have much of a point considering that Cavs team was a historically weak Finals team.
    I see this a lot and don't really understand why it's an excuse. Just because you went to the finals with a bad team, does that mean your performance will suffer? Instead, shouldn't your stats be inflated even more as you do more for your team against greater competition?

Look at AI's team. Is that not a historically weak team? Look at his stats. Stars are supposed to show up in such situations, not wither.

I don't have an agenda.
    Really? You're not a fierce defender of LeBron, being an obvious fan of his? You're truly bipartisan in this debate?

Both were bad performances, but at least Kobe was trying. Even if selfishly trying too hard. LeBron hung his team out to dry by not even competing to the best of his abilities.

That's quite clearly worse in the overall scheme of things. Then was so salty he went on to claim his haters had to wake up to empty bank accounts compared to his lavish lifestyle.

Kobe didn't do shit like that. He uses criticism to motivate him, not deflect and bring up personal putdowns like issue of wealth. That's incredibly weak minded on LeBron's part. Pathetic actually. Admit it, and move on.

LeBron's 2011 was worse than Kobe's 2004. For the fact alone that LeBron is superior player than Kobe, right? We've all conceded that by now. So his expectations should be higher. Then why was he even less impactful when things mattered?

Good college starter

Really? You're not a fierce defender of LeBron, being an obvious fan of his? You're truly bipartisan in this debate?

Both were bad performances, but at least Kobe was trying. Even if selfishly trying too hard. LeBron hung his team out to dry by not even competing to the best of his abilities.

That's quite clearly worse in the overall scheme of things. Then was so salty he went on to claim his haters had to wake up to empty bank accounts compared to his lavish lifestyle.

Kobe didn't do shit like that. He uses criticism to motivate him, not deflect and bring up personal putdowns like issue of wealth. That's incredibly weak minded on LeBron's part. Pathetic actually. Admit it, and move on.

LeBron's 2011 was worse than Kobe's 2004. For the fact alone that LeBron is superior player than Kobe, right? We've all conceded that by now. So his expectations should be higher. Then why was he even less impactful when things mattered?
    I don't understand what's so difficult to comprehend. I've defended Lebron's play many times from ridiculous criticism but I have never defended his 2011 performance. Clear? Good.

I don't see how its even arguable here who hurt the team more. Let me put it this way. According to you, if Lebron just hogged the ball and denied Wade of touches, it would have been better for the team. Does that make sense? The correct answer is no.

If Lebron played the way Kobe did in 04, arguably it would be better for his legacy. But to say he would give his team a better chance of winning? That's just ridiculous. The Heat would probably get blown out. This is a contrived example but if I'm killing it in a pick up game, and my teammate decides he's either gonna hog the ball or do nothing, I'd tell him to stay the f out of my way.

I don't understand what's so difficult to comprehend. I've defended Lebron's play many times from ridiculous criticism but I have never defended his 2011 performance. Clear? Good.

I don't see how its even arguable here who hurt the team more. Let me put it this way. According to you, if Lebron just hogged the ball and denied Wade of touches, it would have been better for the team. Does that make sense? The correct answer is no.

If Lebron played the way Kobe did in 04, arguably it would be better for his legacy. But to say he would give his team a better chance of winning? That's just ridiculous. The Heat would probably get blown out. This is a contrived example but if I'm killing it in a pick up game, and my teammate decides he's either gonna hog the ball or do nothing, I'd tell him to stay the f out of my way.
    Nah man, jacking off low percentage shots and costing your team a title is alpha. Giving the ball to the hot man is beta. Didn't u know? These kids

wow, no MJ on this list. Must be an inferior player to these guys.

I see this a lot and don't really understand why it's an excuse. Just because you went to the finals with a bad team, does that mean your performance will suffer? Instead, shouldn't your stats be inflated even more as you do more for your team against greater competition?

Look at AI's team. Is that not a historically weak team? Look at his stats. Stars are supposed to show up in such situations, not wither.

No, not in the Finals. Your stats usually get inflated during the regular season but in the Finals, the opponent is gonna put all the focus on you. When you have such a weak supporting cast and you are going agains Popovich, prime MJ wouldn't have beaten those Spurs.

But what do you know about basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    No, not in the Finals. Your stats usually get inflated during the regular season but in the Finals, the opponent is gonna put all the focus on you. When you have such a weak supporting cast and you are going agains Popovich, prime MJ wouldn't have beaten those Spurs.

But what do you know about basketball

Oh, so only in the finals they started focusing on you? You don't think other teams focused on the best player on the first, second, and conference finals? So Why the sudden dropoff in the finals?

Dumbass.. Ask yourself if you really know bball. AI's team had no chance against the shaq kobe Lakers. What does he do? Go out and drop 40 or 50 on them. Did he had such a big dropoff like lebron? Did he average 6 turnovers per game?

Stop making excuses for lebron. Having a weak cast doesn't mean you will play worst. He is just a historically weak finals performer.

Good college starter

Oh, so only in the finals they started focusing on you? You don't think other teams focused on the best player on the first, second, and conference finals? So Why the sudden dropoff in the finals?

Dumbass.. Ask yourself if you really know bball. AI's team had no chance against the shaq kobe Lakers. What does he do? Go out and drop 40 or 50 on them. Did he had such a big dropoff like lebron? Did he average 6 turnovers per game?

Stop making excuses for lebron. Having a weak cast doesn't mean you will play worst. He is just a historically weak finals performer.
    Iverson had one good game that Finals. Rest were below average. And funnily enough, even though Lebron is an average Finals performer, Kobe is still worse than him. How many good Finals has he had, like 2 out of 7

I watched game 7 of 2010 NBA Finals and I can honestly say that was also one of the worst performances of all time. Kobe nearly choked the game away if it weren't for his teammates to bail him out.

I remember threads being made by the biggest Kobe stan right here after quarter 3 titled " ok, Kobe sucks". Then deleted it after 4th quarter.

Embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    I watched game 7 of 2010 NBA Finals and I can honestly say that was also one of the worst performances of all time. Kobe nearly choked the game away if it weren't for his teammates to bail him out.

I remember threads being made by the biggest Kobe stan right here after quarter 3 titled " ok, Kobe sucks". Then deleted it after 4th quarter.

Embarrassing

Wait, one game is all you got? One game? Where for lebron I'm talking about MUTIPLE SERIES?

If you want to know what's really embarrassing, check out lebron playoff flops and you should have it.

Jerry West is EASILY the 2nd greatest Finals performer ever. Behind only the GOAT, Jordan.

The next best Finals performer is probably Bird, then Wade. If Shaq didn't have such a flat out stinker in 2006, and a weak 2004 ... he could've challenged Mr. Logo for the number 2 spot.

If LeBron took the disrespectful wide open jumpers given to him all series by the Spurs, the same way MJ made the Blazers pay in game 1 giving him the open three in the '92 Finals, the Heat wouldn't have needed 7 damn games to beat that old, decrepit Spurs team.

This here.