Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Lebron will never be GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    4 best players of all time...

LeBron James
    Michael Jordan
    Shaquille O'Neal
    Wilt Chamberlain
    Finally someone who understands his basketball. Id put Kareem instead of Wilt tho. But Lebron will pass both anyways. Good education you gave our young tots kobe slurpers

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Kobes 35 and hes done same with KG, Timmy etc
    Lebron relies on athleticism way more than them and Lebron has played way more career minutes compared to them at the same age.............
    Lebron has another 4yrs tops at a high level before the decline is real
    For starters when it comes to prime, u have prime, peak, then backend prime. That's how you prime goes. So even if u decline from your peak, u are still in your prime. Kobe is an excellent example of that goes. Shaq was also a great example as well. Guys who play long and dominant careers show that kind of arc. Hell, Kareem was Finals MVP at 38 years of AGE!!

Secondly, I wouldn't say Lebron relies on athletic ability WAY more. Bron has awesome ball handling skills and strength to where he can still dominate when he loses some speed and hops. U saw how effective Magic was without EVER being a great athlete. Reason why is because Magic had great ball handling, great passing, and a very effective scoring skillset. Worse case scenario, Bron's athletic ability gets to Magic's level. And if it declines to Magic' level, Bron (highly unlikely for a freak athlete like LeBron) can STILL dominate. Bron's IQ is on Magic's and Bird's level.

Also keep in mind Lebron is so big and versatile he could ACTUALLY be a power forward strictly late in his career if needed to. Once again, Magic and Bird BOTH did this late in their careers. The only thing stopping Bird was his chronic back problems. Magic on the other hand thirved at 36 or 37 as a power forward after A LONG ASS LAYOFF. If Magic never retired, he could have been even more effective. Magic was actually capable of doing more at 36 or 37, but he chose to be more of a teacher and come off the bench.

I wouldn't say Kobe is done until I actually see it. Before the Achilles last year, he was still the top SG in world and a top 3 player in the world. That's still backend prime shit. With Duncan, he's putting up 15 points, 10 rebounds, and 2 block a game. Sure Duncan is outta his prime, but he's still one of the top 3-4 centers in the world. If u list him at PF, he's still in the top 6-8. So just because u r OUTTA your prime, it doesn't mean u can't still be an All-Star caliber player. Hell MJ with the Wizards at 40 years old was still an All-Star caliber player at SF. So unless u suffer a chronic injury like Bird, it's a very good possibility Bron with age gracefully like MJ, Kareem, Duncan, Malone, Stockton, and many other legends. Even outta their prime, they are still among the top 10 players in the world at their respective positons. Which MEANS they can add to their resumes in a very productive manner. At that point, their COMPETITION are guys already in the HOF and icons. They proved themselves in their eras and against the next generation before that. NOTHING LEFT TO PROVE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    He will be 39????
    So what? Many legends have played into their late 30's. Have u heard of Kareem, Mailman, Stockton, MJ. I NEVER SAID for sure Lebron would. But if he did, I wouldn't be shocked. I realize Lebron came out of HS. But with all the advances in medicine and technology, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Bron played till he was 38 or 39. Once again I never said he would for sure. Secondly, players can still be very effective even OUT OF THEIR PRIME YEARS!! Which would allow Bron to add to his ring count and career numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    I don't think you realize what 10 years is exactly for a ball player. That's a LOT of wear and tear.

With that said I'm tired of this GOAT convo.

Why can't he just be Bron, one of the best ever and people let it be what it will be?
    Sure it 's a lot of wear and tear. But it's not out of the realm of possibility for him to play into his late 30's. In other sports it's more common due to the nature of shit. But even in bball, there have been guys playing very well in their late 30's. And as I've stated BEFORE, it's contingent on health and if guys have the desire to do it. A guy like Bird REALLY had no choice but to get out, he had a chronic back problem. Kareem on the other hand was still thriving in his late 30's.

And being an epic player like Bron DICTATES GOAT SHIT TO COME UP. He has the talent to be the GOAT, so it has to come up. He did that shit by JUST BEING BRON!! He's that damn great so of course he's gonna be compared to the greats. Bron has stated on TV that his GOAL is to be the GOAT!! If u aren't in sports to be the best u can, u need to do something else!! U are over analyzing shit!! The man said outta his own mouth he wants to be GOAT and rightfully so!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Wilt did things Lebron will never do. Lebron only passes him based on longevity and rings.
    Like Jordan?

u mad? buttfrustrated? hahaitme's Avatar

It's obvious LeBron will never be GOAT. His time has passed, no way he's getting 11+ rings at this point in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by hahaitme
    It's obvious LeBron will never be GOAT. His time has passed, no way he's getting 11+ rings at this point in his career.

bill russell is GOAT? lol

Lebron will never be GOAT but will go down top 10 all-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold soul
    Lebron will never be GOAT but will go down top 10 all-time.
    He's already in my top 10. It's between Hakeem and LeBron for the 10th spot IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    bill russell is GOAT? lol
    Yup. And Havlicek is the GOAT SG.

LeBron can realistically finish in 2nd place. He's not better than Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    He's already in my top 10. It's between Hakeem and LeBron for the 10th spot IMO.

I have him at 11th atm. But yeah if people have him in top 10 already, I can understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold soul
    I have him at 11th atm
    Why?

lebron should automatically be in everyone's top 10...4 mvps 2 fmvps niqqa pls

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    lebron should automatically be in everyone's top 10...4 mvps 2 fmvps niqqa pls
    Dude, there's tons of people with 4 MVPs and 2 FMVPs.