Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 182526272829303138 ... LastLast
    Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Default Re: Massive manhunt in L.A. For Christopher Dorner

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    He couldn't be a patrol officer, but he could do this?

. Dorner had reached the Navy rank of lieutenant (equivalent to an Army captain) and was assigned to supervise Mobile Inshore Underwater Warfare Unit 105, which used boats and shore weapons to protect harbors.
    Knowing what we know now? No. He wasn't fit to be a policeman. Dude's manifesto says he knows killing the families is wrong and he doesn't give a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    In a sense yes. This is a personification of our culture in a nutshell. I think as Americans we lack empathy but I don't think a lot enjoy it because its "awesome" I think a lot of people want this guy to give police everything citizens are afraid to give them. Non-violence isn't working against corrupt depts. and that's a sad truth.

Thanks for the comment

So are we rooting for the little guy to stand up to the police?

I think its both the incredible nature of the story (guns, revenge, manifestos etc)
    and what you stated, that people are conflicted and want this guy to send a message (or on the other hand, fear that this guy will send the wrong message)

Decent playground baller

So Christopher Dorner is gonna host the Grammys today. Just imagine all the calls the cops are gonna receive today.

"911, what is your emergency?"

"I saw him!!!!"

"Sorry sir, who are you talking about?"

Christopher Dorner, I saw him at the Grammys!!!"

"That's LL Cool J sir"

No it's not, send some patrols out there immediately"

"k"

One thousand calls later.....

Decent playground baller

On a serious note,

LAPD Worried Christopher Dorner Could Target Police At Grammys

A former LAPD bureau chief says the LAPD is worried that Christopher Dorner could target them wherever they have a command post set up

[QUOTE=LoPro4u2c]On a serious note,

LAPD Worried Christopher Dorner Could Target Police At Grammys

A former LAPD bureau chief says the LAPD is worried that Christopher Dorner could target them wherever they have a command post set up

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    thought they fired on 2 asian women? is this in addition to the asian ladies?
    i've seen so many different sources calling them asian and hispanic.. still don't know which

but they're all referring to the blue truck incident

They still havnt caught this guy? How many days has it been? Hes made the police look like bumbling fools.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BGriffin's Dad
    i've seen so many different sources calling them asian and hispanic.. still don't know which

but they're all referring to the blue truck incident
    probably filipino then, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    He's had like 4 years to plan this. I wouldn't doubt that he made himself a nice little comfy cave to hold up in for an extended period of time.
    The fact he left his survival gear behind may be telling

Wouldn't surprise me if he's already dead or injured, not saying he is, just saying I wouldn't be surprised. He exchanged fire with the police the other night. He may have been wounded, ran to the mountains to hole up but his axle on the truck broke, then the snow storm hit for two days. His whole plan may have come unraveled in a few hours

People saying it may be a diversion, a diversion for what? Tying up a couple hundred officers in a search isn't going to do him any good. SOCal probably has a few thousand officers at the ready plus the ATF FBI and Marshalls service involved. It's not like he came close to tying up valuable resources, more just a minor annoyance

For all his planning seems like some pretty erratic moves accompanied by a couple unplanned glitches to overcome.

Very good NBA starter

maybe he has accomplices hiding him out

I doubt he has any friends. Some of the folks he singled out in his manifesto as very dear to him haven't heard from him in years. He also seems estranged from his family.

Decent playground baller

DRONES
    FEB 10, 2013 1:54 PM 7,134 39 Share

GET OUR TOP STORIES
    FOLLOW GIZMODO

Report: Ex-Cop Christopher Dorner Is Now a Target for Drones
    Eric Limer
    Christopher Dorner, the ex-LAPD cop who allegedly killed three people has been on the run, successfully evading police, for over a week. To finally track him down, it seems that law enforcement is pulling out all the stops. According to the Express, Dorner is now a target for drones, among the first ever on U.S. soil.

The Express quotes a "senior police source" as having said:

The thermal imaging cameras the drones use may be our only hope of finding him. On the ground, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Riverside Police Chief Sergio Diaz, a joint leader of the force tasked with finding Dorner, has confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    I doubt he has any friends. Some of the folks he singled out in his manifesto as very dear to him haven't heard from him in years. He also seems estranged from his family.
    no friends at all.... everyone hated him

http://laist.com/2013/02/08/what_chr...friends_sa.php

Long Beach police Sgt. Clint Grimes told The Daily News that he served in the Navy with Dorner. They weren't close friends, but he said Dorner was always smiling. Dorner talked about how proud he was initially to join the Los Angeles Police Department. In the Navy Dorner used high-tech sonar equipment to find small boats that could be a threat to naval vessels, and Grimes added: "They're not looking for a stupid guy, here."
    His Southern Utah University buddy James Usera kept in touch with Dorner from time-to-time over the years. Usera gets a shout-out in Dorner's "manifesto" that ends with Dorner declaring, "I love you bro."
    Usera in turn has had nothing but positive things to say about Dorner. He told The Daily News: "He was well-spoken, educated, rational. I didn't think he was moody or showed anything that would indicate he had mental health issues. My friendship with Mr. Dorner was extremely positive."
    [quote]Brody Benson, another teammate, described him as intellectual and well-educated. He does remember that Dorner had always been willing to voice his opinion on racism

Very good NBA starter

wherever he's hiding, food will run out. it's not like he can walk into a store and buy some chicken wings.

and then there's mobility issue -- he can't just drive forever from one spot to another because he'd run out of gas, and he can't just pull up to a gas station.

he had a long time to plan all of this, so maybe he has these supplies stored somewhere, but eventually, they will run out.

i think he'll turn himself in when that happens.

*unless* some people are helping him.

Very good NBA starter

also, unlike the unabomber, everybody and their grandma already knows dorner's face and what he looks like.

before his capture, all the fbi had on the unabomber was a hooded dude with shades. that sketch was so stupid, it could had been 10 million dudes. the unabomber could had walked into a grocery store and bought a can of chunky soup if he wanted to and nobody would had noticed.

but dorner got no luxury in being a well-known fugitive. he can't show himself in a public place anywhere, but he'd need supplies to survive. at 270lbs, even a mountain of food supplies can disappear fast.