Page 1 of 67 12341151 ... LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default Massive manhunt in L.A. For Christopher Dorner

Los Angeles (CNN) -- A former Los Angeles cop who had allegedly warned he would target law enforcement in retribution for being fired is now suspected of shooting three officers early Thursday, killing one, authorities said.
    The shootings -- which come a day after Irvine, California, police named Christopher Jordan Dorner as the suspect in a double slaying there Sunday -- sparked a huge manhunt in Southern California.
    The California Highway Patrol issued an alert Thursday morning urging officers in several Southern California counties to be on the lookout for the onetime officer and Navy lieutenant.

Dorner, 33, is suspected of slightly wounding a Los Angeles police officer in Corona, California, early Thursday as the officer was exiting the freeway in that Riverside County town, according to Los Angeles police.

About an hour later, around 1:30 a.m., Riverside police say two of its officers were shot after being ambushed at an intersection, one of them fatally. Police learned of the shooting when a Good Samaritan picked up a police radio and made a distress call on behalf of the wounded officers, Riverside police said.
    In addition to Thursday's shootings, Dorner is suspected of the February 3 deaths of Keith Lawrence and Monica Quan in Irvine, according to police there.
    In a lengthy letter apparently written by Dorner and provided to CNN by an LAPD source, he allegedly threatened to use his Navy training to harm police officers involved in his case and their families.

"I will bring unconventional and asymmetrical warfare to those in LAPD uniform whether on or off duty," Dorner allegedly wrote in a lengthy letter promising retribution against the department, where he worked from 2005 until 2008.
    The letter writer claimed he was terminated after he reported excessive force by a fellow officer, and said his attacks were retribution for his termination, as well as a culture of racism and violence he says continues within the department.
    He called the attacks against police "a necessary evil that I do not enjoy but must partake and complete for substantial change to occur within the LAPD and reclaim my name."

In Riverside, police sealed off intersections in the downtown neighborhood where the two officers had been shot. Police, some of them in SWAT gear, carried assault rifles on their shoulders, their fingers on the trigger guards.
    Los Angeles police warned people who encounter Dorner not to approach him, saying he is likely "armed and extremely dangerous."

"Our department is implementing all measures possible to ensure the safety of our LAPD personnel, their families and the Los Angeles community, and will continue to do so until Dorner is apprehended and all threats have been abated," police said in a statement.

Dorner is a former U.S. Navy Reserve lieutenant who worked with river warfare units and a mobile inshore undersea warfare unit, among other assignments, according to Pentagon records obtained by CNN. He also provided security on oil platforms in Iraq.

He was rated as a rifle marksman and pistol expert, according to the records.
    His last day in the Navy was Feb. 1, according to the records.

Default Re: Massive manhunt in L.A. For Christopher Dorner

Wow that is nuts!!!!!

Being a police officer is not an easy job what so ever.

Very good NBA starter

so sick but this story is interesting.

psycho ex-cop with navy training and expert shooting skills becomes professional cop-killer...

dude probably watched too much bourne identity.

Decent playground baller

Los Angeles and Torrance police were involved in two shootings in Torrance early Thursday when police came across vehicles similar to the one sought by authorities in a massive manhunt for an ex-LAPD officer suspected of shooting three other officers.

Neither incident actually involved the suspect, said Torrance police Lt. Devin Chase. The suspect, Christopher Jordan Dorner, 33, was at large Thursday morning.

The first Torrance incident occurred about 5:20 a.m. in the 19500 block of Redbeam Avenue in Torrance, Chase said. That incident involved Los Angeles police detectives from the Hollywood division, sources said.

Two people were struck by gunfire and transported to an area hospital with unknown injuries, Chase said. No officers were injured.

The second incident, which involved Torrance police, occurred at Flagler Lane and Beryl Street about 5:45 a.m. No injuries were reported in that incident.

Chase said both incidents involved vehicles matching the description of the one sought in connection with Dorner.

"Now it appears neither of them are directly related," Chase said. "In both of them, officers believed they were at the time."

It was not immediately clear if occupants of the vehicles matched Dorner's description, Chase said.
    A massive, multiagency manhunt was underway for Dorner after three police officers were shot -- one fatally -- in Riverside County early Thursday. The night before, authorities announced that Dorner was sought in connection with a double homicide in Orange County over the weekend.

Dorner posted an online manifesto in which he threatened to harm police officials and their families, authorities said, and he is considered "armed and extremely dangerous."

The first Thursday shooting occurred about 1:30 a.m. in Corona, where two Los Angeles Police Department officers were providing protection fora person mentioned in Dorner's s manifesto, officials said. One officer suffered a grazing head wound during a shootout and Dorner fled the scene, police said.

A short time later, two Riverside officers were involved in a shooting with a suspect at the corner of Magnolia Avenue and Arlington Avenue in Riverside. Riverside police Lt. Guy Toussaint said the officers were sitting at a red light when they were ambushed. One was killed, the other was still in surgery Thursday morning.

There was no indication those officers were "actively seeking Dorner," Toussaint said.

Decent playground baller

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Wow...really? Shooting people that you think may be Christopher Dorner? These actions only justify Dorner's agenda even more. ****ing sick.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

This will be a movie.

Full uncensored 22 page manifesto here:

http://youranonnews.tumblr.com/post/...-lapd-officers

I'm rooting for him.

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

That manifesto was an intense read.

Decent college freshman

Wow what a story. If what he says in his manifesto is true (and it sounds to me like it is) then he has a legitimate beef. I can't condone his actions, but I don't blame him either. He was swept under the rug and would have never gotten his side of the story out there.

This shooting in Corona, CA, happened less than a mile from where I was working last night. I heard sirens blaring and saw the helicopter flying overhead.

I can't say I agree with what he's done, but I do think he was wrongly terminated. Definitely a cover-up by police.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    This will be a movie.
    indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    This will be a movie.
    The fact that it's happening in LA means there are producers clambering to get a script as we speak.

Maybe I have watched too many movies but whenever a manhunt by the police is going on I suspect they are trying to put a lid on some mess of their own doing. If the guy is killing cops well you don't have to worry much

I can see it now..

Christopher Dorner stars in summer blockbuster "LA MANHUNT". A desperate man left with no choice... not choice but to kill.