Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast
    It's all Turkododo do! BallPhunk's Avatar

Default Re: Saturday night Greg Oden injured left knee, needs surgery, season likely over

Sad.

One of the few guys I root for having nothing to do with their basketball play.

Root Of All Evil

Default Re: Saturday night Greg Oden injured left knee, needs surgery, season likely over

Dude's career is done, officially ...

So sad ... just 2 - 3 years from being a very promising talent, multiple injuries, disappointment ... FINALLY gets things together in terms of health / skills / confidence.

Then this ...

Terrible. But he's def. done.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Never seen that before, thanks for posting as it was great to see how Theismann talk about the injury and how LT reacted when he caused it.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    His career is happening as we speak. Three years of mostly wasted Bball. It's not turning out well.

Pritchard will always think what could have been if he took Durant.
    The Blazers have had trouble incorporating Oden into the offense. He requires very few touches and yet Roy and Aldridge have had trouble getting into sync. Can you imagine Durant, a player who requires 20 shots per game on the Blazers? That would be interesting.

more points for Roy now huh

sergiorodriguez
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    The Blazers have had trouble incorporating Oden into the offense. He requires very few touches and yet Roy and Aldridge have had trouble getting into sync. Can you imagine Durant, a player who requires 20 shots per game on the Blazers? That would be interesting.
    on OKC Durant is perfectly happy to defer to Westbrook, and take open spot up jump shots. I think Durant would be perfectly happy to defer to Roy and Aldridge as well and take open jumpers. Durant is not a guy with an ego at all, he just loves playing ball, but doesnt get pouty if he doesnt get shots and doesnt force anything, he's a great system guy.

Roy, Aldridge, Durant actually would have been very good, alot of length.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiorodriguez
    on OKC Durant is perfectly happy to defer to Westbrook, and take open spot up jump shots. I think Durant would be perfectly happy to defer to Roy and Aldridge as well and take open jumpers. Durant is not a guy with an ego at all, he just loves playing ball, but doesnt get pouty if he doesnt get shots and doesnt force anything, he's a great system guy.

Roy, Aldridge, Durant actually would have been very good, alot of length.
    WTF are you talking about? The "system" is running him through screens and getting him 20 shots a game. In addition, up until this year Durant had been a one-dimensional player who couldn't bring anything else to the table besides scoring. His defense continues to be questionable. You can't just incorporate a young volume scorer into an already established offense without expecting chemistry issues and inflated egos. You can't just manufacture your own Celtics squad---their all-stars are older and hence more willing to sacrifice statistics for a shot at a championship.

Default Re: Saturday night Greg Oden hurt left knee as Blazers hosted Rockets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stYZMOvFGcA

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy

Pause it at 0:12

Knee cap does not look normal..

Look at T-mac, Brian Cook, and LMA's reactions when they see his knee. Also the girl in blue sitting courtside. Holy crap

Not airballing my layups anymore ROAM.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SmackOrH.A.K
    Man, I usually don't give a **** about Greg Oden. But man this is really sad. I was watching the game and I noticed the knee cap immediately. Looked nasty. He's probably done now as a decent big man. Poor guy.

Looks nasty.
    His legs look skrawny.Not proportioned to his upper body. Maybe he needs to bulk up down there to support his landing and massive size. It is a bad sign when both legs go out on you so early in your career. His injuries have seemed cases of unprovoked ones.

could the injury been prevented by wearing those mcdavid knee braces with gel padded kneecaps? sort of like the ones wade wears all over his body?

Serious playground baller

its sad this type of injury only seems to happen to tall players with lots of potential

WTF

That sh*t ain't cool. I know the Blazers are our division rivals but it truly sucks to see someone like Oden go down like this. His knee looks F*CKED up big time. What's crazy is it didn't look like he landed awkward or anything so it's so weird to see it in such bad shape in that picture. Hopefully he can bounce back after this. Wow, I really feel bad for the Blazers right now. I don't even know what to say...

7-time NBA All-Star

Hopefully injuries don't ruin Oden's career like they ruined Yao's. Don't forget that he's still only 21.

Local High School Star barbaroi's Avatar

Is it just me or does it seem from the video as if he hurt it jumping, and there was no real contact. I've never seen or heard of someone breaking a bone by jumping...

Geeeez this f*cking sucks.

Hope he comes back ready to go next year. Dude was playing well.