Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Banned

Default Re: Prime Kevin Garnett = Best PF of all Time?

Duncan is the better Power Forward/ Big man. KG is very versatile with more skills but Duncan is much more effective as a BIG which is more important to ur team. Duncan is also smarter and does not shy away in Clutch moments. I can def say KG might of won maybe 1 or 2 rings with Duncans squad and Pop being his coach but what Duncan has done during his Peak was unstoppable. Only thing I dont like about Duncans career is not winning Back 2 Back which hurts him in my rankings but other then that He has done it all.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Great All Around Player and Played Some SF Too.

Although Barkley, Duncan and Malone where more dominant.

91-93 barkley > any version of kg
    *but kg is the better defender*... fukk it barkley was the better player.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ZaaaaaH
    Duncan is the better Power Forward/ Big man. KG is very versatile with more skills but Duncan is much more effective as a BIG which is more important to ur team. Duncan is also smarter and does not shy away in Clutch moments. I can def say KG might of won maybe 1 or 2 rings with Duncans squad and Pop being his coach but what Duncan has done during his Peak was unstoppable. Only thing I dont like about Duncans career is not winning Back 2 Back which hurts him in my rankings but other then that He has done it all.
    I agree with you Zaaah, but why do you think KG isn't as smart? I think Duncan and Pop were an extension of each other and they got a lot of out of each other because they were in accord. KG was more talented than Flip could coach and was somewhat underutilized. In Thibes defensive system and his offensive versatility he makes more right decisions to close out offensive schemes and how and when to make the right offensive play as good as any bigman ever.

In Thibes defensive system KG was operating the command center and made quick decisions and could commit to them quicker than most other big men could but KG was also telling the defense how to shift and forecast plays. On offense he always made an option (pass or shoot) of plays as good as any other big man.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    I agree with you Zaaah, but why do you think KG isn't as smart? I think Duncan and Pop were an extension of each other and they got a lot of out of each other because they were in accord. KG was more talented than Flip could coach and was somewhat underutilized. In Thibes defensive system and his offensive versatility he makes more right decisions to close out offensive schemes and how and when to make the right offensive play as good as any bigman ever.

In Thibes defensive system KG was operating the command center and made quick decisions and could commit to them quicker than most other big men could but KG was also telling the defense how to shift and forecast plays. On offense he always made an option (pass or shoot) of plays as good as any other big man.

I never said KG was not smart. KG is actually very smart as a Basketball player. KG sometime is too smart for his own good and pass the ball too often especially when he was in TWolves. He wanted to make the Correct play so he rarely force up shots but imo as a Franchise player/ Star you need to take over and take some bad shots to get urself going. During Boston it clearly show how great of a Defender KG was since he had a lot of vets who knew how to rotate. This is why a lot of stars struggle playing against Boston since there is always someone shadowing from behind which KG is amazing at.

Yea I think Pop really helped out Duncan a lot but then again I could be wrong because Duncan was a beast soon as he step in to the League.

Honestly I really love both players equally and watched since they were drafted and they are both very different but it is a lot easier to build around Duncan and also the skill set Duncan carries is more effective then KG's skill set and that is my main reason I vote Duncan from rings aside.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard

**** POP. You must not have seen Duncan play at Wake. Dude was destined for greatness. Pop had never coached before. All this stuff people write about POP and his system is the reason Tim won rings is bullshit. Pop's system works because of Tim ****ing Duncan. Not a jab at you btw.

I usually hit open layups twintowers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LBJDWADE63
    Garnett>> Duncan

Without ginobili and parker duncan is nothing.
    Without ginobili and parker duncan won 99 you damn kid...without pierce and allen garnett would have won it...never

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Big#50
    **** POP. You must not have seen Duncan play at Wake. Dude was destined for greatness. Pop had never coached before. All this stuff people write about POP and his system is the reason Tim won rings is bullshit. Pop's system works because of Tim ****ing Duncan. Not a jab at you btw.
    Hey Big, I hear you and its all good. I'm not saying Pop made Time by any means. I think Pop was defensive minded and would have utilized KG a lot better than Flip Sanders did. I think Duncan would do better than KG in more situations than vice versa with coaches because Duncan plays bigger and more traditional. A big that plays defense primarily with his feet as KG did is rare and needs a kind of innovative defensive coach to get the max out of him. With that said, I think Flip even butchers up Duncan if he had him. I have Tim only behind the big five in my GOAT list. I also have Tim as doing the most with the least.