Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Questioning Dirk.

the problem is that they dont have the same type of game at all. dirk is the most dominant high post player in the nba. okur is a spot up shooter. dirk is a MUCH better passer and a dominant scorer that is doubled on a nightly basis as well as a much better rebounder.

Fantasy Forum Mod haterofhaters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    the problem is that they dont have the same type of game at all. dirk is the most dominant high post player in the nba. okur is a spot up shooter. dirk is a MUCH better passer and a dominant scorer that is doubled on a nightly basis as well as a much better rebounder.
    There's that question of "dominance" again. He and Yao are two people who can basically score whenever they want because of their shooting ability and the fact that with their height they are virtually unguardable. By this definition of dominance, if Sheed had a higher shooting percentage he would be "dominant" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by haterofhaters
    There's that question of "dominance" again. He and Yao are two people who can basically score whenever they want because of their shooting ability and the fact that with their height they are virtually unguardable. By this definition of dominance, if Sheed had a higher shooting percentage he would be "dominant" as well.
    so what you are saying is if sheed could score whenever he wanted like dirk could he would be dominant? gee you think? you obviously have no effing clue about dirks game.

whats funny about this is there is literally not a SINGLE thing that okur does on the court as well as dirk. very rarely is that the case in a player comparison even when one player is clearly better than the other.

so what you are saying is if sheed could score whenever he wanted like dirk could he would be dominant? gee you think? you obviously have no effing clue about dirks game.
    Basically, i'm saying that Dirk doesn't do a lot more than Okur as you say. What's the big difference between standing still and shooting over somebody as opposed to taking a couple of dribbles and then shooting over somebody. If the ball goes in the hoop it all counts the same.

Basically, i'm saying that Dirk doesn't do a lot more than Okur as you say. What's the big difference between standing still and shooting over somebody as opposed to taking a couple of dribbles and then shooting over somebody. If the ball goes in the hoop it all counts the same.
    because dirk makes a hell of alot more of them. draws more defensive attention and is just generally a much better player. yet again the gap between the two is at least as large as the gap between a healthy jrich and kobe. name a single thing that okur does as well as dirk. one. ill be waiting...

Banned

that explains everything. you're just a dumbass.

the difference is shawn marion/tracy mcgrady.
    Last edited by SupermanOnSteroids; 03-05-2007 at 04:14 AM.

because dirk makes a hell of alot more of them. draws more defensive attention and is just generally a much better player. yet again the gap between the two is at least as large as the gap between a healthy jrich and kobe. name a single thing that okur does as well as dirk. one. ill be waiting...
    Read my thread again, and then see if your question is still valid. I didn't say that he does ANYTHING as well as Dirk. I just said that if he was inserted into the team there wouldn't be a huge dropoff, there would definitely be one but they'd still be a top team... probably not the very top, but one of the top.

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
    that explains everything. you're just a dumbass.
    The real dumbasses are the one's that come into threads with one liners. Either make a point or stay tha **** out.

Read my thread again, and then see if your question is still valid. I didn't say that he does ANYTHING as well as Dirk. I just said that if he was inserted into the team there wouldn't be a huge dropoff, there would definitely be one but they'd still be a top team... probably not the very top, but one of the top.
    thats just so overtly stupid its mind boggling. take the most(or one of the most) unique player(s) in the nba, the player who the team is built around off of the team for a guy who does literally every single thing worse and the team wont dropoff. Yes its a relevant question, the mavs are built around dirk. not their depth, not josh howard, not jason terry, but dirk. now replace him with a guy who you admit isnt as good at anything and the team wont get anyworse. you are officially the dumbest person on this board and that is saying something.

thats just so overtly stupid its mind boggling. take the most(or one of the most) unique player(s) in the nba, the player who the team is built around off of the team for a guy who does literally every single thing worse and the team wont dropoff. Yes its a relevant question, the mavs are built around dirk. not their depth, not josh howard, not jason terry, but dirk. now replace him with a guy who you admit isnt as good at anything and the team wont get anyworse. you are officially the dumbest person on this board and that is saying something.

First off, think about what Dirk does. He's 7 feet tall and he's a shooter so that's what makes him so "unique." Okur is 6'11 and he's a shooter also, so doesn't that make him "unique" as well? And yes the Mavs do have depth, any intelligent basketball fan knows it... And again, you refuse to read what i have written like the true moron that you are. I said that there would be a dropoff but it wouldn't be like they'd fall off the face of the earth. Can you wrap your little mind around that einstein?

Banned

Why stop with Okur? You should have suggested Channing Frye

Clearly a retarded topic (and this is two lines so don't give me sh!t dumbass)

Quote Originally Posted by sydneyking
    Why stop with Okur? You should have suggested Channing Frye

Clearly a retarded topic (and this is two lines so don't give me sh!t dumbass)
    Small minded people, not able to give a simple answer without giving an insult.

how much of a dropoff are we talking? they wouldnt be a top 4 seed which is a pretty damn big dropoff considering how dominant they have been with dirk. Could they eek into a 7th/8th seed? Sure.

No, shooting is not what makes dirk unique. its a part of his game but its not what makes him unique. At least not just spot up 3pt shooting which is what okur can do. Here is the most telling stat difference between the two. Okur is assisted on 73% of his baskets. This supports that he is mostly a spot up shooter. Dirk could fill that roll if he needed to though it would be foolish to relegate him to that. On the other hand dirk is assisted on only 49% of his buckets which means that he generally creates for himself. That is a HUGE difference. The thing is if you need a bucket you can give dirk the ball ft line extended/high post and say go score. You cant do that with okur.

Also and i know some of you will laugh at this, the defensive gap between the two is HUGE. Okur is one of the 10 worst defenders in the nba.

how much of a dropoff are we talking? they wouldnt be a top 4 seed which is a pretty damn big dropoff considering how dominant they have been with dirk.

No, shooting is not what makes dirk unique. its a part of his game but its not what makes him unique. At least not just spot up 3pt shooting which is what okur can do. Here is the most telling stat difference between the two. Okur is assisted on 73% of his baskets. This supports that he is mostly a spot up shooter. Dirk could fill that roll if he needed to though it would be foolish to relegate him to that. On the other hand dirk is assisted on only 49% of his buckets which means that he generally creates for himself. That is a HUGE difference. The thing is if you need a bucket you can give dirk the ball ft line extended/high post and say go score. You cant do that with okur.

Also and i know some of you will laugh at this, the defensive gap between the two is HUGE. Okur is one of the 10 worst defenders in the nba.
    Ok, if that's a telling stat, how much of that has to do with the fact that his pg dishes 9 assists per game? If that's the main thing that you can come up with then my thought is not so far fetched. I'm guessing that if Jason Terry was Okurs pg, he would naturally have to come up with more of his own offense. Did you see Dirk taking it to the basket as much when Nash was his pg? Bring me up a stat that shows how much of his baskets were assisted when Nash was with him.

Also... saying that Okur is a bad defender does not mean that Dirk is a good one. The guy is 7 feet and barely averages a block and gets 10 rebounds by default of being the tallest guy on the court on a lot of nights.
    Last edited by haterofhaters; 03-05-2007 at 04:33 AM.