Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast
    rank sentamentalist

Default Re: I Challenge Anyone To Validate Kobe's Greatness As An All-Time Great Post Shaq Er

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    And to this point, he just hasn't shown me, and many others, that he's far and away the best player in the game as some would vehemently suggest.
    I'm only going to address this part, because I agree with the rest.

Who are these "some"? Who says Kobe is "far and away" the best player? Go make a thread in the Laker forum asking, NOT if the Kobe fans in there think he's the best player, but if they think that everyone else pales in comparison to Kobe. Go ahead, do it. I'd be interested to see the results.

Local High School Star DreamRockets's Avatar

Default Re: I Challenge Anyone To Validate Kobe's Greatness As An All-Time Great Post Shaq Er

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    So it's all Kobe's fault that Shaq didn't get touches? In Shaq's 36/21 game, the rest of the Lakers (excluding Kobe) took 32 shots. Kobe took 25. Why aren't the rest of the role players blamed, at least partially, for not giving the ball ino Shaq more?
    because kobe freelanced and handled the ball 24/7 that whole series, i barely saw fisher, payton or malone touching the ball.

And what about game three? Kobe took only 13 shots. What the hell was Shaq doing? He had Kobe not "ball hoggin'", why didn't he take advantage and get his shots up? Why did he ONLY GO FOR 14/8 ON 14 SHOTS? Maybe it's because Kobe doesn't dictate exactly how many shots Shaq gets. Because Kobe can't be completely blamed (although certainly partially) for the loss in the 04 Finals.
    ok, one bad game for shaq in the series, kobe had 4 ATROCIOUS games, see the trend ?

rank sentamentalist

because kobe freelanced and handled the ball 24/7 that whole series, i barely saw fisher, payton or malone touching the ball.
    Says your obvious agenda.

Local High School Star

damn malone, fisher and george were injuried in those series
    lucky pistons (i can say spurs,wolves and kings were better than pistons)

rank sentamentalist

No you can't. The Pistons played great and destroyed us that series. Might've been closer without the injuries, and we might've even won (cue "not with Kobe chucking"), but don't underestimate how well they played.

Local High School Star bleedinpurple's Avatar

Says your obvious agenda.
    Dude, Kobe ain't any good. You know why? Because he hasn't won the championship without Shaq!
    (that's the fundamental feeble argument on this thread)

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
    Dude, Kobe ain't any good. You know why? Because he hasn't won the championship without Shaq!
    (that's the fundamental feeble argument on this thread)
    Yeah, anyone who doesn't get a championship within the first two years of being on a rebuilding team just doesn't belong in the league.

Local High School Star bleedinpurple's Avatar

No you can't. The Pistons played great and destroyed us that series. Might've been closer without the injuries, and we might've even won (cue "not with Kobe chucking"), but don't underestimate how well they played.
    true. they shut down Shaq. great D, esp by Big Ben. Lakers were not going to win that one, even if they were healthy.

Kobe Bryant is soooooooo nice that Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, and Magic Johnson all said he's the best player in the League...all you guys swear by the "all time greats", why don't you listen to them when they say that?....

Default Re: I Challenge Anyone To Validate Kobe's Greatness As An All-Time Great Post Shaq Era

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    DAMMIT, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

Here it is another failed year for this guy as the lead player on his team. Now it's been three years since Shaq has left, and frankly, I'm fed up with the unwarranted public adulation this guy receives. For all intents and purposes, this guy has turned into the Kevin Garnett of the guard position. No rings...no significant postseason victories...no signs of being able to elevate his teammates to a championship level, and yet I have to hear people like GOBB easily say that Kobe is the best player in the NBA without a slither of hesitation. Now I'm here to say...F*CK THAT, NOT ANYMORE!!!!

Im telling you, this is where the buck stops. This guy has had three years to justify his ranking amoung the elite of the All-Time Greats and he simply has not done it. This guy is going on 30 years old and he hasn't even gotten out the first freaking round of the playoffs by himself. NO MORE EXCUSES!!!! Stop telling me about injuries. Stop telling me about the depth of the Western Conference. STOP!!!! PLEASE, JUST STOP. It's time to call a spade a spade.
    81 point game, 35ppg season, 2 NBA titles, 2 NBA FMVP's, 1 NBA MVP

Kind of a late bump but ...Time to hold this L

Default Re: I Challenge Anyone To Validate Kobe's Greatness As An All-Time Great Post Shaq Era

lol

OP on the level of Knoeitawl. Just another retarded chipmunk.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Is PB every right about anything? He's like aggressive, troll, konex.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

OP is not a fa[COLOR="Black"]gg[/COLOR]ot

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    OP is not a fa[COLOR="Black"]gg[/COLOR]ot