Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: You know LeBron James reminds me somewhat of KG

KG is always intense as hell. He plays like the opposition stole his dog and walks it across the street of his house every day.

Bron always looks like he is having a gay 'ole time. Always laughing and talking.

But Lebron took his team to the finals with freakin Drew Gooden and Boobie Gibson playing major minutes (albeit in a weak EC)

KG couldn't get his team out of the first round until Cassell brought some moxy to the team. (albeit in a stacked WC)

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    when you average 27, 7 and 7 in the regular season like Lebron did it is damn hard to get much better than that unless you are MJ.
    This, he sets the standard for himself and he sets it too high. if kobe had 18/7/7 in the finals nobody would say anything
    Edit: they would because he only puts up high scoring games
    Last edited by DJmicah; 09-08-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Except LeBron managed to get his crappy team to the finals in 2007. Then again, KG played in a much harder western conference.

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    Except LeBron managed to get his crappy team to the finals in 2007. Then again, KG played in a much harder western conference.

KG is not taking Cleveland level supporting cast the past 2 years to 60+ wins including 66 and 1 shy of the Boston Celtics home record (could have tied had LeBron actually played the last game).

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jack
    KG is not taking Cleveland level supporting cast the past 2 years to 60+ wins including 66 and 1 shy of the Boston Celtics home record (could have tied had LeBron actually played the last game).
    Lebron's 60+ wins support cast was better than KG had in Wolves, and yet KG got them to 58 wins and WCF (more valuable achievement in harder conference). You were saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    Lebron's 60+ wins support cast was better than KG had in Wolves, and yet KG got them to 58 wins and WCF (more valuable achievement in harder conference). You were saying?
    Not a chance in hell that cavs team had a better supporting cast than that wolves team.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Not a chance in hell that cavs team had a better supporting cast than that wolves team.
    Lets see:

Shaq, even old he was still better than any center KG had in Wolves.

Jamison, 20/10 big man, although underutilized in Cavs (16/8), was again better than any big man KG had in Wolves.

Mo, All-star (undeserving but still) solid player, in the line of older Sprewell and Cassell.

Varejao, scrappy defender, a decent big man, again better than any big KG had in Minny.

Delonte, as crazy as he is, he is solid player from the bench, and better defender than anyone in Minny not named Garnett.

Mike Brown
    , as much as we like to make fun of him, was a decent coach, and simply great defensively, much better than Saunders was for... anything.

Overall, Cavs were solid team (not fantastic, but much better than some fans give them credit), build around Lebron's strengths, it had depth too. Obviously better than any team KG had in Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    Spreewell AND Cassell that year were better than anyone the Cavaliers had.

How many games did Cassell take over down the stretch that year? His injury was a huge part of why they lost as well in the playoffs iirc.

Jamison and Shaq weren't on the 66 win team...

LeBron's next leading scorer on the Cavaliers in the playoffs was Mo at 16ppg on 40.8% FG (Think Orlando Series). Spreewell was dropping 20 on higher efficiency, and Cassell 17 at 46.5%. KG actually had two guys that, without him, were still good players. It's not as if they were irrelevant and became relevant by playing with KG and on the Wolves. Mo Williams went from obscurity and being a 2nd/3rd option on a team that was failing to make the playoffs in the East, to winning 66 games alongside LeBron, back to being a nobody after he left...

You were saying?

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    His 07 team wasn't crappy and the teams he played to get to the finals were horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    His 07 team wasn't crappy and the teams he played to get to the finals were horrible
    Pistons.

In what way is a team starting Pavlovic, Gooden, Gibson, and Hughes not utterly disgusting? Oh man, I forgot Zydrunas, with his whopping 12 ppg and 8 reb on <50% FG.

Revisionist history at it's finest.

In what way is a team starting Pavlovic, Gooden, Gibson, and Hughes not utterly disgusting? Oh man, I forgot Zydrunas, with his whopping 12 ppg and 8 reb on <50% FG.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Pistons.
    The Pistons were okay but the Cavs were better

The Pistons were good but LeBron was better
    Fixed.

They were good enough to get to the finals with LeBron scoring 25 ppg on 41%.