Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: McHale vs Barkley vs Malone vs Duncan vs Garnett vs Webber in their PRIMES

Malone got much of his status from solid play over a long period of time. I consider prime Webber to be on equal footing, if not better than Malone. Malone's career > Webber's, but Webber's prime > Malone's. I also think the gap between him and KG isn't as great as most consider now. Malone was a great talent, but Webber was cut down in his prime by injury and I think if he didn't, he would still be a top forward today.
    Last edited by Showtime; 11-25-2008 at 07:26 PM.

National High School Star Sir Charles's Avatar

Default Re: McHale vs Barkley vs Malone vs Duncan vs Garnett vs Webber in their PRIMES

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Defense. Man and team defense
    Man to Man Defense in the Paint against non Barkley type players Tall Thin etc Yes I agree but Off His Man Defense and Away from the Paint Duncan is clumsy and slow. His SPG Avg is pathetic in his Prime 11 Years (and he has had a Great Cast all his life).

Even his Offensive Game is funny when he tries to Take a Man Off a Dribble he Travels Constantly and Never Gets Called for it. But then again its 2000s NBA Ball...Highschool Thug NBA Ball...not the superior time when Charles played....
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 11-25-2008 at 07:36 PM.

Garnett
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

If Kevin Garnett has strong supporting casts he would of won more champions than Duncan, but Garnett doesn't have the luck like Duncan. Duncan is born a winner.

You can argue that Duncan is more clutch than Garnett, and Garnett often chokes at playoffs.

The reason is that Duncan came into the league into a playoff team, so playing in the playoff is natural for him, and he doesn't panic. It's like being scared of public speaking, but if you do it alot, you aren't scare anymore, now that's Duncan.

But Garnett came into a lottery team, and for him, getting into the playoffs is a dream come true. Of course he's going to treasure it, but he also has more to fear because playoffs is so rare for him, he's afraid he's going to lose. That's why, when you got more on the line, and when you have way more pressure, you choke. That's Garnett.

But skill wise and leadership Garnett > Duncan

Garnett is the main reason Boston had the biggest single season turnaround last year
    Last edited by Garnett; 11-25-2008 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnett
    But skill wise and leadership Garnett > Duncan
    No. KG doesn't have a low post game. Duncan does. Duncan in his prime could handle the rock to the extent he could face up forwards and beat them to the basket. Duncan was money from glass, and had a shot that was consistent from the top of the key. Duncan's defense is better than KG's, because he could guard smaller, mobile forwards (like David West and Brand) to Shaq. KG can guard the 3/4 positions, and is versatile because of his quickness and length, but I would take Duncan every time for post defense. I don't see how you could say KG is the more skilled player.

Garnett

have you ever seen Kevin Garnett post up? he's a beast in there, just as good as Duncan, but his weakness is that he likes to take jump shots

have you ever seen Kevin Garnett post up? he's a beast in there, just as good as Duncan, but his weakness is that he likes to take jump shots
    That's the POINT. He takes jump shots. He has no low post game. His move is to take a fade away, a turn around, or a one hander off the block. He shoots jumpers. He's nowhere near prime Duncan's post game. Enjoy your championship Mr. Nov 2008, and put the pipe down.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Sneak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Charles
    Was Johan Cryff better than George Best because he played in the Mechanical Orange and Best in Wales?

Teams Win...not Single Players...
    To be honest with you, I only posted that to get a reaction.

Your Sir Charles agenda is boring and people should just stop replying. It's got to the point that you are virtually unable to post about ANYTHING without bringing Barkley into it.

I'm a big Barkley fan and enjoyed watching him play, but you're fast becoming like Kobe homers who make me want to dislike him in spite of his abilities.

Value Ape.

No.

National High School Star allball's Avatar

for my personal taste I would take McHale.

Local High School Star

Duncan aka 4 rings

KG
    Webber (Biased )
    Malone
    Barkley

Winning>Stats

Was Johan Cryff better than George Best because he played in the Mechanical Orange and Best in Wales?
    George Best played for Northern Ireland buttmunch. what is the 'mechanical orange'?

Winning>Stats

Duncan
    KG-Barkley
    Mchale
    Malone
    Webber

Garnett

give KG ginobili, tony parker, and Robinson(earlier), KG would win more rings than Duncan

and besides, it doesn't matter if KG takes more jumpshots than post up, all that matters is that he scores, and that he wins.

give KG ginobili, tony parker, and Robinson(earlier), KG would win more rings than Duncan
    He most certainly wouldn't have won in 2003. There's no way KG beats the Lakers.

and besides, it doesn't matter if KG takes more jumpshots than post up, all that matters is that he scores, and that he wins.
    It matters when the topic was his skills. The comment was that KG is more skilled than Timmy. Prime Duncan was more skilled than KG.

Garnett

KG in 2003 was in every way equal to Tim Duncan, some areas better
    Last edited by Garnett; 11-25-2008 at 10:41 PM.