At the end of 2014/15:
    KD
    Lebron
    Paul
    Rose
    Davis

Default Re: Top 5 in the league going into next year

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    If you honesty believe that then you don't know much about Lebron. I could write essays on why there is still a gap but it's pointless, especially if you think there is a huge gap between CP3 and Westbrook/Curry but not James/Durant.
    I exaggerated there with CP3
    He gets underrated here!

I know LeBron's effort pissed me off last year when I watched him. If he plays his hardest consistently, I don't doubt that he's the clear cut best, but he was lazy on defense last year according to many people and the handful of games (havent had tv or computer much this past year) I saw didn't make me think otherwise.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    He gets underrated here!

I know LeBron's effort pissed me off last year when I watched him. If he plays his hardest consistently, I don't doubt that he's the clear cut best, but he was lazy on defense last year according to many people and the handful of games (havent had tv or computer much this past year) I saw didn't make me think otherwise.
    Lol @ LeBron "not playing his hardest"

He got outplayed by Durant all year last year and in the finals cramped up, gassed out, and got outplayed by Kawhi Leonard. If you want to attribute that all to lack of effort, go ahead then lol

Durant ain't slowing down either. He's the clear cut #1 headed into next year.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    He gets underrated here!

He is underrated here but overrated in the media, so it balances out. His blatant flopping and bitch made attitude annoys people afterall. At least he admits his mistakes though, in interviews he is always humble and pure class.

As for Lebron, he is still better than Durant at everything, even scoring. And unlike Durant, he can still make an impact if his shot isn't falling. Watching Kevin in the playoffs was pathetic at times, just chucking retarded jumpers, turning the ball over out of nowhere by losing balance and falling on his ass, getting raped by Tony Allen. He still has lot of weaknesses.

LeBron played hard on offense no ones denying that. Defense was shit compared to usual I think although that could be confirmation bias on my part

If OKC has 2 top 3 players why do so many fans complain about the team? They don't have great role players but what other team has 2 players capable of dominating like that?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    If OKC has 2 top 3 players why do so many fans complain about the team? They don't have great role players but what other team has 2 players capable of dominating like that?
    Those 2 players do dominate. It just takes more than that and when you have injuries paired with one of the worst coaches in the league, paired with two offensive black holes starting, it all kind of balances out.

If OKC starts Morrow and Adams this year, and stays healthy?

It's over.

OKC had the 2nd best record in the NBA last year with Westbrook missing half the year and two other starters missing a bunch of games. And even with an injured Ibaka they took the Spurs to the overtime of a 6th game.

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    If OKC has 2 top 3 players why do so many fans complain about the team? They don't have great role players but what other team has 2 players capable of dominating like that? Shouldn't that be enough?
    Have you seen OKC's offense lol? It's literally NBA 2K type ISO shit over and over, that's ridiculously easy to stop in the playoffs. We almost lost to Memphis and Clippers, we didn't dominate any series. If Westbrook didn't make some ridiculous defensive plays late in games we would be eliminated way sooner.

Let me do the math...

(Durant+Westbrook+Ibaka)-(Scott Brooks+Perkins+shitty bench) = not a championship team

Clippers arguably have two Top 5 players, Top 5 coach and Top 5 bench/shooters. On paper they are more stacked than OKC, I said that in the playoffs and picked them to win vs OKC and lot of Clipper fans agreed. Fact is unless the whole team plays like a cohesive unit championships are hard to win, look at the Spurs they don't even have a Top 10 player but their TEAM just destroyed everyone this year.

^do you know what black hole means in basketball terms?

Decent playground baller Carter_17's Avatar

1.Kobe
    2.Durant
    3.LeBron
    4.Davis
    5.Monta Ellis

lebron
    durant
    westbrook
    Anthony Davis
    carmelo

I don't think Rose will reach top 5 this year, but i don't care as long as he is effective for the team..

Decent playground baller

1.LeBron(I don't know if last season was the start of a decline or if he coasted. Last year wasn't horrible, but it wasn't the same as 2012 or 2013. He had to carry a lot of the load since Wade missed 1/3 of the RS. I expect him to get back to form this year.

2.Durant(He really struggled in the playoffs. If he has a similar RS to last year and ups his game in the playoffs he's pushing LeBron as the best. He'll be number one pretty soon)

It's pretty tough after three but I'll try.

3.CP3(Still the best PG in the league)

4.Westbrook(He still makes dumb decisions and shoots a little too much considering KD is on his team, but you can't deny his talent.)

5.Blake Griffin(Really improved in 2013-2014. There's a lot of guys you can put at this spot though)

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bigt
    Lebron
    Durant
    CP3
    Davis
    And then it's an each way bet between Griffin and Westbrook
    This, if Rose is in pre-injury form he slips in ahead of Griffin and Westbrook.