Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Let's get this out the way, Lakers are a better franchise than the Celtics.

Better? Yes

More respected? No

#eastcoast #BillRussell

Default Re: Let's get this out the way, Lakers are a better franchise than the Celtics.

lakers will be fine soon enough... by the time celtics win their next tho, ill be able to use this sites search function to bump this thred

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

It's pretty clear, Celtics are the franchise that won 11 of their titles in a what? 5 team league, and then went on a 20+ year drought of not winning shit.

And we have more legendary players than them, Kobe, Magic, Kareem, West >

Lakers >>

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Bynum is a superstar? Stop being obtuse and sarcastic. You know damn well the Lakers are going to be okay.
    I'm sorry, but one of us has to deal in reality. You are talking about them bringing in a great player but can't really name anyone. Well, I have at least heard rumors they are trying to trade Gasol for Bynum. Though to be fair, that may just be a salary dump with Bynum getting cut immediately. They got to save some money after all, Kobe is due quite a few dollars.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    lakers will be fine soon enough... by the time celtics win their next tho, ill be able to use this sites search function to bump this thred
    Tbh the Celtics are starting to build a nice platform, we have a lot of draft picks and cap flexibility (especially if Danny can move Wallace's contract) to pick up some nice pieces to turn us back into a contender, you will see us contending soon enough.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
    It's pretty clear, Celtics are the franchise that won 11 of their titles in a what? 5 team league, and then went on a 20+ year drought of not winning shit.
    You know who else was in that "5 team league?" The Lakers. And they would have considerably more Championships if they didn't have to face the Celtics.

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    Tbh the Celtics are starting to build a nice platform, we have a lot of draft picks and cap flexibility (especially if Danny can move Wallace's contract) to pick up some nice pieces to turn us back into a contender, you will see us contending soon enough.
    well ya but draft picks can be a double edged sword, id preffer to put my chips on the better free agent destination franchise when speculating about a next possible chip

Quote Originally Posted by The-Legend-24

And we have more legendary players than them, Kobe, Magic, Kareem, West >

Lakers >>
    You know what's funny about Lakers fans using the 5-team argument? The Lakers were one of the teams we kept beating

Furthermore, if those titles belonged to LA, you guys would be singing the praises of them.
    Last edited by Derka; 01-06-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    You know who else was in that "5 team league?" The Lakers. And they would have considerably more Championships if they didn't have to face the Celtics.
    This is true.

I don't get why the "Laker fans" bring up the league argument, when I'm sure if the Lakers won those titles instead of the Celtics, they would defend those titles to the brink.

Lebron of ISH

I agree. The Celtics stacked titles in the baby years of the NBA.

Banned

well ya but draft picks can be a double edged sword, id preffer to put my chips on the better free agent destination franchise when speculating about a next possible chip
    Sure, draft picks will either work or not, same with free agency, the Lakers have room to make moves, no doubt they will, but Kobes contract crippled them a little (don't get me wrong, if I was Kobe I would take the contract too, it's the managements fault) and their title hopes are with him, we have the same chances to contend for the title in the next few years as the Lakers do.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LeGOAT
    I agree. The Celtics stacked titles in the baby years of the NBA.
    Oh the irony

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    You know what's funny about Lakers fans using the 5-team argument? The Lakers were one of the teams we kept beating
    that doesn't matter, the era competition was a joke. if you are willing to rank bill russell lower than his ring count indicates then you do the same with the celtics

that doesn't matter, the era competition was a joke. if you are willing to rank bill russell lower than his ring count indicates then you do the same with the celtics
    It would matter if the Lakers had those titles and if you say otherwise, you are a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    Sure, draft picks will either work or not, same with free agency, the Lakers have room to make moves, no doubt they will, but Kobes contract crippled them a little (don't get me wrong, if I was Kobe I would take the contract too, it's the managements fault) and their title hopes are with him, we have the same chances to contend for the title in the next few years as the Lakers do.
    true, while i still think there's more danger in picks than just dat, cause even if tey dont turn out busts or just average, when u hit th jackpot, on that rare ocassion, that player will most likely hit free agency at some point before being championship ready, so theres more risk than that....theres a reason crappy franchises that always get good picks do not sniff championships