Page 144 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4494134141142143144145146147154 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2487
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

Here's the best scenario I think could happen for next season:

1) Sign George
    2) Trade Julius now or let him walk. I'm done seeing him and Clarkson make boneheaded plays and turnovers costing us to lose games. We only have room for one bonehead on this team.
    3) Let KCP walk. Hart is just as good a defender and way better shooter. Plus KCP will demand too much money he isn't worth.
    4) Re-sign Brewer, Ennis and add another couple shooters.
    5) Hate to say it but go for Cousins, and if we can't get him, then resign Lopez as the stretch big/rim protector.

My projected lineup for 2018:

PG: Ball | Clarkson | Ennis
    SG: George | Hart | Lou Williams?
    SF: Ingram | Brewer | Shabazz Mohammad?
    PF: Kuzma | Nance | Deng (unfortunately)
    C: Lopez | Bryant | Zubac

I predict a top 4 seed at the very least with this lineup. If they can get Cousins, then anything can happen.

NBA lottery pick

Kuzma is obviously going to be the real deal so they definitely should try to move Randle. While I actually am not as down on him as you are, they should try to get something for him. He's going to leave for sure next season. He should be starting somewhere. In the right situation I like what they do when they go small ball and have him play C. It's just not worth giving him a contract to do so. It's unfortunate they won't be able to move Deng. That hurts the Lakers. Cousins and George would be an excellent off season though. With those two and Kuzma the Lakers would have their own big 3. With a supporting cast of Ingram and Ball that's a very solid lineup. Not sure if they would ever be able to get by Houston or Golden State though.

I agree that the Lakers should try to get something for Randle now, a future 1st round pick or early 2nd. If they can couple him with Deng's contact, even better.

I disagree with the statement that the Lakers wouldn't be able to get past Golden State and Houston. We watched the Lakers beat and nearly beat both teams this season without George and Cousins. Imagine the same team with 1-2 go to superstar finishers who can get you buckets down the stretch. That's what this Lakers team is really missing. Kuzma shows potential to be that guy, but he's a rookie now.

NBA lottery pick

The only reason I see them keeping him is to try to win a few more games this season. If they let him go for a 2nd round pick it will hurt their depth. And he is good for certain match ups and like I mentioned as a small ball C for a few minutes. He plays really well with Lopez too. It's one thing to beat Golden State during the regular season. In a 7 game series I just don't see it, even with that lineup. It would be interesting. GS doesn't have a real answer for Cousins. But the Warriors just have so much talent.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Here's the best scenario I think could happen for next season:

1) Sign George
    2) Trade Julius now or let him walk. I'm done seeing him and Clarkson make boneheaded plays and turnovers costing us to lose games. We only have room for one bonehead on this team.
    3) Let KCP walk. Hart is just as good a defender and way better shooter. Plus KCP will demand too much money he isn't worth.
    4) Re-sign Brewer, Ennis and add another couple shooters.
    5) Hate to say it but go for Cousins, and if we can't get him, then resign Lopez as the stretch big/rim protector.

My projected lineup for 2018:

SG: George | Hart | Lou Williams?
    SF: Ingram | Brewer | Shabazz Mohammad?
    PF: Kuzma | Nance | Deng (unfortunately)
    C: Lopez | Bryant | Zubac

I predict a top 4 seed at the very least with this lineup. If they can get Cousins, then anything can happen.
    I would let Lopez go. Too expensive and doesn't fit this team. Let KCP walk. Only re-sign Brewer/Ennis if veterans minimum or let them go.

I really want to move Clarkson for a late first rounder. I would like to hold onto Randle because he brings a dimension that is valuable bit like Odom. I would offer max to both George and Cousins. We just need 1 of them to agree - I don't expect both to agree but what the hell...

If we don't get Cousins, I don't see any stretch/defensive anchor centers left better than Lopez. Are there any? We might as well re-sign him in that case to a 1-2 year deal with team option on the second year. Thomas Bryant's skills seem promising, but he hasn't gotten any burn this year.

One of Clarkson or Randle needs to go. We can't have two boneheaded players if we're serious about competing. Randle is easier to move since we wouldn't have to give up anything. Clarkson can be the 6th man moving forward. If we keep Randle and move Clarkson, we'd need someone like Lou Williams to provide a consistent scoring punch off the bench.

After watching Clarksons defensive deficiencies and streaky shooting, I don't think he is right for this team in the long term. He isn't good enough to start for any team and in order to be of value as 6th man, he has to become bit more consistent offensively.

I think one of the biggest reasons we've been losing close games is because of careless turnovers. These turnovers can be minimized with the right personnel. Players with high basketball IQs don't have high turnover numbers.

Unfortunately we may have to live with Clarkson as the 6th man. I'm not opposed to keeping Randle as well so much as both Randle and Clarkson only get limited minutes off the bench. They shouldn't see more than 20 minutes a night on average and ideally neither player would ever be in the game in the final 8 minutes of the 4th.

Right now the problem is Luke is hanging with Randle and/or Clarkson (and KCP's gunning ass) at the end of games sometimes and their sloppy decision making against 1st unit opposition is costing the team games. Randle's bully ball and Clarkson's crafty speed may work against opposing 2nd units, but there's a good reason why they're better off playing off the bench and not with the starters.

I'm okay with keeping Clarkson and Randle because they make us one of the best benches in the league in terms of points scored. But Luke should know their roles and not put them in a position to fail (e.g. in the final 8 minutes of close games).

I think one of the biggest reasons we've been losing close games is because of careless turnovers. These turnovers can be minimized with the right personnel. Players with high basketball IQs don't have high turnover numbers.

Unfortunately we may have to live with Clarkson as the 6th man. I'm not opposed to keeping Randle as well so much as both Randle and Clarkson only get limited minutes off the bench. They shouldn't see more than 20 minutes a night on average and ideally neither player would ever be in the game in the final 8 minutes of the 4th.

Right now the problem is Luke is hanging with Randle and/or Clarkson (and KCP's gunning ass) at the end of games sometimes and their sloppy decision making against 1st unit opposition is costing the team games. Randle's bully ball and Clarkson's crafty speed may work against opposing 2nd units, but there's a good reason why they're better off playing off the bench and not with the starters.

I'm okay with keeping Clarkson and Randle because they make us one of the best benches in the league in terms of points scored. But Luke should know their roles and not put them in a position to fail (e.g. in the final 8 minutes of close games).
    Valid points but for me the biggest reason like you said is KCP taking waay to many shots.
    I strongly believe that it's NOT a coincidence that Kuzma's best game was when KCP didn't play, not being there to take the bulk of the shots.
    In 20 losses, KCP is shooting UNDER 30% from the 3pt area, actually takes more shots with lesser assists/game. The guy is almost like a black hole always looking for his shot instead of properly reading the defense and making good decisions when to create for others etc.
    I said it before and I'll say it again, they are better off, playing the young Josh Hart at SG, let him learn and develop confidence. He's not a defensive liability and he makes better decisions imo.
    I would start taking a closer look at Cousin's ability to switch and defend the perimeter bec if he is incapable, then Luke will surely bench him for Larry Nance and even Randle.

Does anyone else think we should keep Julius? He's looking better game by game..I think if he can accept 12 mill per or less playing a reserve role then we should keep him. There's not many better scoring big men with his versatility in the league.

Is it possible to stretch Deng and still be about to sign PG, Cousins and Randle? Does the money work?

SG: George | Hart
    SF: Ingram | Brewer
    PF: Kuzma | Randle | Nance
    C: Cousins | Bryant | Zubac

Does anyone else think we should keep Julius? He's looking better game by game..I think if he can accept 12 mill per or less playing a reserve role then we should keep him. There's not many better scoring big men with his versatility in the league.

Is it possible to stretch Deng and still be about to sign PG, Cousins and Randle? Does the money work?

SG: George | Hart
    SF: Ingram | Brewer
    PF: Kuzma | Randle | Nance
    C: Cousins | Bryant | Zubac

He will expect Deng money. I don't blame him either with the precedent we set.

I would keep Randle at that money only if we can move Clarkson. I hope Magic is working the phones to move Clarkson. He can score but that's it. We need more than just scorers. Randle brings a little of everything, which is why we should try to keep him

NBA lottery pick

I like Randle. The problem I see is that Kuzma is definitely going to be the guy at PF in the future. You can't tie up that kind of money into one position. They may as well go for George and Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I like Randle. The problem I see is that Kuzma is definitely going to be the guy at PF in the future. You can't tie up that kind of money into one position. They may as well go for George and Cousins.
    Can't he takes the Odom role as the 6th man? We had Gasol and Odom at the same position with plans for Bynum at the 5.

I understand Gasol could slide up to 5 but here's the thing. The way the nba is going nowadays, you can find some minutes for Randle at the 5. Kuzma can also play some minutes at the 3 along with 4. If we get George, he can play at both 2 and 3. Ingram can also spread some minutes between 3 and 4. Essentially you can have position-less basketball to some degree. The only guys you can't move around would be Ball and if you land Cousins because they are locked into the position they are with their game.

I guess if you get Cousins, you can't have both Nance and Randle. One of them would have to go.. Nance brings good defense while Randle is streaky and turnover+foul machine

We can keep Nance for cheap or flip him as an asset. We can do the same with Randle but he is expiring contract so nobody will take the risk. Both are easily worth 1st rounder apiece. Maybe we can move one of them along with Clarkson in same deal. Have to do something though.
    Last edited by bladefd; 01-02-2018 at 06:44 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, there's no way too keep all of them. That's why if the Lakers are going after two max contracts someone has to go. Seems like Randle is probably the odd one out right now. I like him more than Nance though.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I'm really confused on why you keep pencilling Randle at the 4 when he's been playing the C spot for like 80% of the time.
    I barely saw him playing alongside a legit center this year and he seems decent at it, actually playing better defense esp after switching etc.
    But yes, it would be crazy paying him a ton of money. A lot will depend on his agent and other teams valuing him.
    I was hoping he'll take a discount with heavy iincentives but it'll probably won't be enough.