Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Remember when ISH said Asik > Pelicans pick?

It was a good trade for both sides. Rockets get a lottery pick, save somew money and the Pels got a starting center.

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    They were right then, and are right now.

Let's see how much you're talking when the Rockets are done in the first round.
    Nah man, the NOP pick is much more valuable than Asik is now. You're potentially gonna be getting a top 13 (maybe 10) pick for Omer Asik. That pick can also be used in a trade package for some big player. That's a steal if you ask me.

Lol, and bring the 1st round exit joke again. Just because the Rockets lost in the 1st the last 2 seasons, does not mean it's guaranteed we lose again this year.

Lmao at you acting like Asik wouldn't help you guys tremendously right now.

Rockets are still getting raped in the 1st round. But yeah, celebrate your pick.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

What if the picks Houston gets ends up being a bust?

It's too early to determine if the deal was good or bad for Houston.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    What if the picks Houston gets ends up being a bust?

It's too early to determine if the deal was good or bad for Houston.
    1st: We've always drafted well
    2nd: We are likely to trade the pick
    3rd: We traded a cancerous player for a lotto pick, amazing deal.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Lmao at you acting like Asik wouldn't help you guys tremendously right now.

Rockets are still getting raped in the 1st round. But yeah, celebrate your pick.
    Shut that shit up, f*ck boy. Before I gotta call the goons

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RightTwoCensor
    1st: We've always drafted well
    2nd: We are likely to trade the pick
    3rd: We traded a cancerous player for a lotto pick, amazing deal.
    Doesn't answer my question though.

There is a chance the pick is a bust. Then the deal isn't that great.

We won't know how successful the deal is for a couple years.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    "Reports state that they've already begun that process by trading center Omer Asik to the New Orleans Pelicans for a future first-round pick."

If I was able to access the search option, I would bring up the old thread.

I said Pelicans pick would be a lottery pick, and the removal of Asik's whiney ass and his fat contract is a great move in order to get the Pelicans pick. Back when some here predicted a 6 seed.

HA!

Right now the Pelicans pick is #13. With a few more L's and a few more wins from Boston, Detroit (likely) and Indiana (also likely, especially if PG comes back for a few weeks) the Pelicans pick can drop as low as 10. I dont see them having a better second half than first half.

Asik <<< #13th pick in the draft

Morey wins again.
    best way to search:

1) go to google

2) type in "site:insidehoops.com [Whatever you want to search]"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    Doesn't answer my question though.

There is a chance the pick is a bust. Then the deal isn't that great.

We won't know how successful the deal is for a couple years.
    If we trade the pick then who is drafted is irrelevant. That deal gave us the cap room to sign Ariza while at the same time have us a valuable trade asset.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    I'll break it down for you...

The Rockets have a great scouting department. They've managed to find productive players everywhere in the draft, always drafting contributors or potential value guys, minus the one guy with the mental disorder who shall remain nameless. Parsons (#38), Mirotic (#23), Jones (#18), Canaan (#34), Patterson (#14), Budinger (#44), Capela (#25), as well as finding players like Beverley and Tarik Black, who were free agents. That tells me they know what they're doing.

So here are all the players, drafted #10-30, that I consider above average contributors (which Asik is not) drafted in the last 10 drafts...

Al Jefferson, Josh Smith, Kevin Martin, Jarrett Jack, David Lee, Rajon Rondo, Kyle Lowry, Andrew Bynum, Danny Granger, Aaron Afflalo, Thaddeus Young, Roy Hibbert, Robin Lopez, Marreese Speights, Serge Ibaka, Nicolas Batum, Brandon Jennings, Jrue Holiday, Ty Lawson, Jeff Teague, Darren Collison, Paul George, Eric Bledsoe, Klay Thompson, Kawhi Leonard, Nikola Vucevic, Tobias Harris, Kenneth Farried, Cory Joseph, Jimmy Butler, Terrence Jones, Jared Sullinger, Michael Carter Willaims, Steven Adams, Giannis A........., Gorgui Dieng, Rudy Gobert.

I am 100% confident that if Houston lands a 10-14 pick, they will land a supremely talented player. They always do.

For teams that do their homework, there are plenty of all-stars to be had in the back 2/3's of the first round.

The Rockets do their homework.

Asik is now, as good as he will ever be. Ever. Double double guy? Yeah he's solid. I liked him in Houston. But I would take a lot of those guys listed above before I'd take Asik.

This is your chance to hit gold. Make the right choice, and we ended up trading Asik for Jimmy Butler or Asik for Klay Thompson. Devin Booker anyone? Yes please.
    I appreciate the legit response. Since this is ISH I half-expected something snarky and completely lacking in any sense.

I also appreciate how, as a fan, you're clearly optimistic. I view it a different way. I see those 37 players you listed (Yes, I counted) of 100 (10 slots over 10 drafts). And then I consider that Asik is better and more valuable than probably 10 of them.

That brings us down to 27 players, in the last ten drafts, that were better than Asik and fall within the window being described. I don't like those odds.

But again... that's where I appreciate the optimism you display.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    I appreciate the legit response. Since this is ISH I half-expected something snarky and completely lacking in any sense.

I also appreciate how, as a fan, you're clearly optimistic. I view it a different way. I see those 37 players you listed (Yes, I counted) of 100 (10 slots over 10 drafts). And then I consider that Asik is better and more valuable than probably 10 of them.

That brings us down to 27 players, in the last ten drafts, that were better than Asik and fall within the window being described. I don't like those odds.

But again... that's where I appreciate the optimism you display.
    I believe with the #13th pick, Houston will draft a Leonard, Butler, George, or Thompson.

That would be Willie-Cauley Stein (great Dwight back up), Trey Lyles (great stretch 4), Montrezl Harrell (great interior defender and rebounder).

I just know that this draft is loaded with talent. Seriously, I think this will be one of the most talented classes ever, and if anyone will find the talent, it is Houston.