Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bloodborne

Banned

Default Re: Bloodborne

I've got it and will play it tonight when I'm home.

It's getting good reviews but it raises flags with me when a review says "10/10 perfect" then lists bugs like stuttering frame rates, getting stuck inside walls and 1 minute long load times every 10 minutes. No actual gameplay complaints it seems though so should be good.

Banned

i've played a few minutes and the framerate isn't great but it's fun. feels like dark souls but different enough to be interesting.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Is this thing hack and slash-y combat wise? Or is it more rhythmic like the Batman games?

I'm getting the sense there's zero stealth / coverage element to it.

It's getting great reviews but just doesn't seem like my thing, but there's nothing to play of late.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Is this thing hack and slash-y combat wise? Or is it more rhythmic like the Batman games?

It's getting great reviews but just doesn't seem like my thing, but there's nothing to play of late.
    It's neither hack 'n' slash nor batman style. Its about picking your spots, timing dodges and attacking at openings. You charge in like Dynasty Warriors, you die.

Banned

I've played a bit of it last night now.

It's a really good game but it has it's issues. It's funny how a lot of it's metacritic user reviews are 10's completely ignoring it's issues or 0s, just goes to show what a joke metacritic is.

Anyway the game itself is really good but the problems are the frame rate and some bugs like clipping and being shot/hit through walls, getting stuck in walls and having to quit, the camera not working properly and getting you killed.

I'm having a good time with it but I've died a few times where I don't think I should have. I haven't played the previous games and I'd say this isn't too difficult to pick up for a new player, you will die figuring things out but at the same time I haven't hit any sense of frustration where I just don't see how I can progress. It does get easier once you can start levelling up as well (once you face the first boss). Another tip for any new comers to the series if you die a lot just learning the mechanics like I did you should restart a new character once you've figured out how to play so you get all the items refreshed, I died too many times just learning controls/mechanics and ended up with no healing/molotovs which made it tough, after restarting I was able to just walk through the first area easy now that I had the controls down and had all the starting items back plus the world items refreshed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

You can stealth in this (kind of) if you walk up behind someone you can power attack and stun them then finish them off and sometimes one hit kill with a special animation, don't expect to stealth much though as normally it'll put you in a bad spot.

I'd like the combat kind of like world of warcraft in the sense it works best if you pull your enemies to an area where you want to face them, then once you actually fight the basic combat is about dodging/evading attacks and then hitting them when their vulnerable. Bigger enemies (like bosses) require you to learn the monsters pasterns (like monster hunter) and figure out when to react and attack or when to use secondary items to help take it down faster.

It's worth playing even if you think you may not like it, I normally dislike games that are hard for the sake of being hard but I'm having a good time. Even if you eventually get stuck and don't finish the game it's not really story driven but gameplay driven so you will still have had a good experience and you will still have gotten a decent time out it.

I died from an invincible dog last night and lost 5000 blood echoes because of it, so that sucked. I drop down on this dog and hit it 3 to 4 times which was odd because I usually one shot them. Then this thing has no health and keeps attacking me in a corner until I'm dead. I tried hitting it to stun it and get away, but it ignored my hits, I guess since it should have been dead. That's the only glitch I've had. The game seems flawless otherwise and is really enjoyable.

I've heard people complain about load times, but I'm not seeing it. You only see load screens when you die or return to the hunter's dream which shouldn't be often unless you suck at the game. It loads in 10-15 seconds for me every time which isn't bad at all, but it might be because I have a digital copy of the game.

10/10 game though. I'm really going to enjoy the pvp in this and the game has no chance of being ruined by mules and glitchers it seems like Dark Souls II was.

Banned

Alright. Just released here this morning, so I'll be picking it up ASAP. Will post my initial thoughts later today. So excited.

Awesome game. Been playing coop with my buddies too. Chalice dungeons are an amazing addition.

Beginning part of game is very difficult. Get through that and rest of game still hard but your not gonna break the controller out of rage.

I personally have had no framerate issues. Only 1 bug where a monster was attacking me through floor. Im level 37 and about to enter forest

Banned

After about an hour or two of actual gameplay, I'm still stuck at the beginning of Central Yharnam where there's a bunch of f*cking mobs. I suck, but I'll definitely enjoy it when I get better. It's pretty fun.

Might do a restart when I get a bit better like outbreak said, so I can start with a fresh slate again. Good thing I saved my character to favourites...

Banned

Didn't play as much as I wanted to this weekend but I've down the first 3 bosses now and will try and find the next one tonight.Still having a good time with this game.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Didn't play as much as I wanted to this weekend but I've down the first 3 bosses now and will try and find the next one tonight.Still having a good time with this game.
    What weapon are you using?

Did you find another boss?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101
    What weapon are you using?

Did you find another boss?
    Still find the saw cleaver to work best for me, feels like a good mix of speed/reach/damage. Found the next areas and got up to the next boss, have only had a couple of attempts though as I've been playing pillars of eternity lately.

National High School Star

Really thought this thread would be cranking, just restarted my game for the hell of it.

In my first game, i was stuck on[COLOR="White"] Father Gascion[/COLOR] or whatever it is for ages.. finally beat him and got through to the Cathedral and was just killing stuff there. Using the Heavy Axe and the Sword and hammer thing.

Spoilerish:
    [COLOR="White"]In this play through, i tried to kill Eileen the Crow, and also killed that freaky dude in the Cathedral.[/COLOR]

In my second play through so far, i'm just running around Central Yarnham, going to fight the [COLOR="White"]Cleric Beast [/COLOR]tonight.

Using the threaded cane, it's pretty good, a bit weak though. But in it's extended form, it's like a chain whip thing and get's some good range.
    Also using my items like Molotovs more this time, couldn't figure out how to use them in my first play through haha.
    Running with the pistol on both as well.