Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Should Steve Nash Retire?

Quote Originally Posted by wakencdukest
    Because he's a white guy, he probably made good investments, and he's probably got a fortune saved up.
    if he was smart enough to save his money, he wouldnt be dumb enough to leave 9 mill a year on the table.

NBA lottery pick

Default Nash Possibly Retiring After Season

There's been some reports that Nash may retire at the end of this season. Of course this article says to take it with a grain of salt. That would certainly help out the Lakers cap situation. He's had a solid NBA career. It's tough to watch guys when they just can't do the things they used to physically. Even though he's said he doesn't want to retire a few times he has to be thinking about it. I think he should. Not from the standpoint that he's hurting the team now (financially and on the court) but just because it is sad to see good players out there not being able to play the way they would like to. Here's the article:
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...artner=ya5nbcs

shhhhhhh

Default Re: Nash Possibly Retiring After Season

^ Nash denied those rumors today dd24

Not airballing my layups anymore Da Kobester's Avatar

Default Re: Should Steve Nash Retire?

Quote Originally Posted by AussieG
    He should come off the bench and mentor the younger players.
    I'm convinced now that Nash (the weasel) couldn't mentor my baby brother or yours for that matter. In every phase imaginary he has destroyed the Lakers in every form & facet, the weasel is done you can stick a fork in him just ship him back to Canada GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Default Re: [Official Steve Nash Thread] Should Steve Nash Retire?

I do wish Nash could retire, but he is fighting to stay and keep playing. I am sure it is not an easy decision for him. It was a gamble by the Lakers to sign him for such a lucrative contract in the first place... I would argue too risky (just as I feel that Kobe's contract was a dumb move that will hurt them).

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    I do wish Nash could retire, but he is fighting to stay and keep playing. I am sure it is not an easy decision for him. It was a gamble by the Lakers to sign him for such a lucrative contract in the first place... I would argue too risky (just as I feel that Kobe's contract was a dumb move that will hurt them).

Welcome back SoCal.

I agree Nash's deal was pretty dumb gamble. I was fine with how much money Nash got yearly but not fine with the number of years on the deal. Lakers only option now is to trade him (which no other team will go for at this age) or use the stretch provision - Although I'm a fan of Nash, I hope they use the stretch provision.

Kobe contract - don't even get me started on this. Just horrible decision by Jimmy Buss/Lakers. You probably missed the discussion we had here - http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=317770

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Welcome back SoCal.

I agree Nash's deal was pretty dumb gamble. I was fine with how much money Nash got yearly but not fine with the number of years on the deal. Lakers only option now is to trade him (which no other team will go for at this age) or use the stretch provision - Although I'm a fan of Nash, I hope they use the stretch provision.

Kobe contract - don't even get me started on this. Just horrible decision by Jimmy Buss/Lakers. You probably missed the discussion we had here - http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=317770
    I'll throw in the Kaman deal as well....we paid him $3 mil when his market value was $1 mil or less I said it was stupid the day we did it and am sticking with it. We couldn't even trade the guy.....and we tried at the deadline

NBA lottery pick

I don't think 3 million is too much for Kaman. There are quite a few teams that would like to have him. He came here because he thought it was a good opportunity for playing time. What he didn't take into consideration was 'antoni is the coach and he doesn't use centers right.... I don't think it was his contract that didn't get him traded.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

I love Nash as a player at least the player he once was, a truly humble person and once a great player albeit never a defensive beast, but I think he should either retire or at least retire so he can sign with a contender/return and at least save the Lakers some money (against the cap anyway), there was a rumour on Australian radio today at least a comment from one of the radio stations NBA consultants who I can't remember his name but he's who they go to for all NBA information, Kobe and Dante Exum share the same manager (I remember reading that somewhere too that I do know or am very sure is correct), apparently the Lakers/Kobe are very high on Exum and vice versa and if push came to shove in order to get to the Lakers Exum may although he's declared for the draft there is a rumour that Exum's manager also Kobe's is telling other teams that if he isn't picked by the Lakers he will go play in Europe where he could make more money compared to a rookie salary anyway, now that could be considered draft tampering so I don't know whether it's entirely reliable but it would make sense given them sharing managers somewhat.

NBA lottery pick

Exum and Kobe do have the same agent, and Exum has said that he's a huge Lakers fan. I haven't heard anything about him playing in Europe though. What if the Lakers had the #1 pick? I think Exum could be really good, but I'm not sure that I would draft him in the top 3 even. I think in the top 3 you absolutely have to go with either Embiid, Wiggins, or Parker. While there's a decent chance he ends up a Laker I still think he'll be happy to play in the NBA with any team.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Exum and Kobe do have the same agent, and Exum has said that he's a huge Lakers fan. I haven't heard anything about him playing in Europe though. What if the Lakers had the #1 pick? I think Exum could be really good, but I'm not sure that I would draft him in the top 3 even. I think in the top 3 you absolutely have to go with either Embiid, Wiggins, or Parker. While there's a decent chance he ends up a Laker I still think he'll be happy to play in the NBA with any team.
    If the Lakers had the number 1 pick I'd hope they'd pick Embiid, only a rumour I'm not saying it's concrete proof but logically speaking it's certainly been a problem at point guard for years who is big enough to play shooting guard at least in height, I would be happy as long as we got one of the 4 of Wiggins, Parker, Embiid or Exum, I hadn't heard anything prior to that about Europe but it was mentioned by an analyst here that the agent has said both Kobe is high on him being in LA and vice versa and Exum has said the Lakers would be a great spot for him, it has been done before where a rookie has refused and gone to Europe, but they then have to play there for 2 years and can then to memory nominate again or something like that, it sounds like if it was true which it isn't necessarily it would be a bluff to try and get whoever has a higher pick than the Lakers to back off albeit I'd love to live in Europe for 2 years playing basketball , if you want to play for a team badly then it's a decent threat to try and get to they have guaranteed they will take you otherwise you may just be burning bridges, well I don't know whether I would be I believe if he could make more money in Europe for 2 years instead of playing for a bad team and he'd still only be 20 or so it's not like it would be too much of an empty threat if he's serious about it because it's been done before, it is simply a rumor but there is some logical backing behind some of it/the concept of it anyway.

Very good NBA starter

Steve Nash should do the right thing and retire. Hang it up old man its been a great run.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I don't think 3 million is too much for Kaman. There are quite a few teams that would like to have him. He came here because he thought it was a good opportunity for playing time. What he didn't take into consideration was 'antoni is the coach and he doesn't use centers right.... I don't think it was his contract that didn't get him traded.
    Ok.....so tell me your theory on why there were no takers for Kaman at the trade deadline and why no one was offering him more than $1 million prior to the start of the season......other than the Lakers who throw money around as if they don't understand the marketplace or common sense ( 'Antoni, Brown, Kobe etc...) We give too much money, too many years or both.
    If Kaman was getting $1 million instead of $3 million we could've traded him very easily.
    Kaman knew 'Antoni doesn't like the post game, but hey, if you can get 3 times what everyone else is offering you almost have to do it.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Ok.....so tell me your theory on why there were no takers for Kaman at the trade deadline and why no one was offering him more than $1 million prior to the start of the season......other than the Lakers who throw money around as if they don't understand the marketplace or common sense ( 'Antoni, Brown, Kobe etc...) We give too much money, too many years or both.
    If Kaman was getting $1 million instead of $3 million we could've traded him very easily.
    Kaman knew 'Antoni doesn't like the post game, but hey, if you can get 3 times what everyone else is offering you almost have to do it.
    There were teams that were interested in Kaman. It just happened that the deal didn't work out. Cleveland was one team, and they ended up trading for Hawes which was probably a better deal for them anyway. If we're splitting hairs over 3 million dollar contracts for proven veterans then you know the team is in shambles lol. That's not a bad contract for any team to pick up. There's a lot of teams who would pay that kind of money for a backup C. There's no proof that he only got offers for 1 million everywhere else. The Lakers needed a big guy. He lived in LA for a long time and I'm sure he likes it out here. It's kind of a no brainer in that regard. The Lakers need a different coach. That's where the biggest problem lies. Nonetheless, at this point I would like to see them have the best chance possible at the #1 pick. So if having 'antoni coach or Kaman in the game helps that I'm all for it. That will help turn this franchise around faster than anything.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Laker News: Steve Nash injured...AGAIN. Won't play 2014-15 season

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...-carrying-bags

The overwhelming lack of common sense in Lakers management is simply amazing to me. Why would you pay 9 million to a 40 year old point guard that hasn't been healthy for the last 4 seasons. And now, his body cant even hold up carrying luggage. How is there any chance that his body will hold up through the rigors of an NBA season?

This is quite pathetic. We should have used the stretch provision on him this summer. Now we're stuck with this bum.