Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Default Re: Knicks trying to acquire OJ Mayo to send to Denver in Melo Trade..

I would like to see the Knicks trade for OJ Mayo, and keep him. He would thrive in Mike's system. I've had enough of all the Melo trade talk, please come up with something new. Media just keeps going with Melo this, Melo that.

Quote Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
    I would like to see the Knicks trade for OJ Mayo, and keep him. He would thrive in Mike's system. I've had enough of all the Melo trade talk, please come up with something new. Media just keeps going with Melo this, Melo that.
    Mayo has potential but Melo is a proven star and we are certain that he would play well.

Taking OJ Mayo is a gamble and it's questionable will he ever be a player as good as Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King

I think anyone that has eaten Gino's would agree to that trade.
    Would this be in Chicago? How are we trading it? And if it is in chicago bad on you because now i want it and i cannot have it...

True, if are going to trade for OJ, we might as well hold the Mayo.

Mayo's problem is his lack of focus, it would be much better if we had an OJ from concentrate.

I'm here all evening.......

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred

Mayo's problem is his lack of focus, it would be much better if we had an OJ from concentrate.

It's morning.

And besides, I'm not gonna fall for that again!
    I just stood in front of my freezer for 2 hours this morning, because the OJ said "concentrate".

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred

Crack is wack. Cocaine is better.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

i really hope the knicks find a way to get melo. it would be great for the league. i don't want to see melo waste his prime years on the nets. if he went to the knicks they could challenge for titles starting next year. with felton/melo/amare in place, the knicks could surround that with enough to challenge very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    It's morning.

And besides, I'm not gonna fall for that again!
    I just stood in front of my freezer for 2 hours this morning, because the OJ said "concentrate".
    i smell lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    i really hope the knicks find a way to get melo. it would be great for the league. i don't want to see melo waste his prime years on the nets. if he went to the knicks they could challenge for titles starting next year. with felton/melo/amare in place, the knicks could surround that with enough to challenge very quickly.
    When the rumors started i thoguht DAMN, the nets will keep melo, still have Twill, Harris, all their cap space, picks. This sucks. Since then TWill (by trading for picks) Harris, and their cap space have all gone into the trade to bring back Harrington, Billups and Rip, making this 50 winish team with no title hopes at all. Now i'm either going to get him on Knicks, or he'll go to Nets and take them out of future moves, giving us more freedom.

It's much more relaxing than before. The move for Nets is Favors, Murphy and every single freaking pick instead of taking on Billups and Rip IMO but that doesn't seem to be what they or Nuggets twant to do.

High School Varsity 6th Man Naruto-sama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo

http://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard

You have got to be kidding me. Stop the madness OJ. Go to Denver get your stats man. Then talk about playing for a big market, not the other way around. What is his PR people telling him seriously.

Doesn't he realize that any situation for him is better than the one in Memphis?

And since when has Memphis been a winning situation.

Foolishness that's all I have to say.

While i agree, Mayo is a team first player despite how most people might think of him as a chucker from his rookie year. he's really matured a lot and is as unselfish as i've seen and plays to win. to me he's sort of like Quentin Richardson in their mentality where they're extremely unselfish if they're off or not getting the open shot, basically he's not the type that needs to get his from what i've seen. I think its one of the most misunderstood aspects of Mayo, since all he really wants to do is wiin games it seems. nevermind his own stats.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    When the rumors started i thoguht DAMN, the nets will keep melo, still have Twill, Harris, all their cap space, picks. This sucks. Since then TWill (by trading for picks) Harris, and their cap space have all gone into the trade to bring back Harrington, Billups and Rip, making this 50 winish team with no title hopes at all. Now i'm either going to get him on Knicks, or he'll go to Nets and take them out of future moves, giving us more freedom.

It's much more relaxing than before. The move for Nets is Favors, Murphy and every single freaking pick instead of taking on Billups and Rip IMO but that doesn't seem to be what they or Nuggets twant to do.
    if melo cares at all about winning....he won't go to the nets. there is no way in hell that team now or in the future is beating the heat or bulls or magic going forward. even if cp3 came over at some point....it still might not be good enough....and that is a big if.

melo should just put his foot down and say knicks or nothing. and if melo has to sign as a free agent. so be it. the difference in money could be about 15 to 20 million. and i'm not saying that isn't a lot of money. it is. but melo on the knicks could make at least half of that back through endorsements and exposure. and if the knicks were to make it far in the playoffs or win a title with melo.....he'd easily make that money back because he would be huge not just in NY but around the world.

so my guess is that melo would lose maybe 5 million at most of the contract terms if he doesn't get a deal done now. and that really isn't that bad of a situation because that prevents the knicks from having to gut their team to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    if melo cares at all about winning....he won't go to the nets. there is no way in hell that team now or in the future is beating the heat or bulls or magic going forward. even if cp3 came over at some point....it still might not be good enough....and that is a big if.

melo should just put his foot down and say knicks or nothing. and if melo has to sign as a free agent. so be it. the difference in money could be about 15 to 20 million. and i'm not saying that isn't a lot of money. it is. but melo on the knicks could make at least half of that back through endorsements and exposure. and if the knicks were to make it far in the playoffs or win a title with melo.....he'd easily make that money back because he would be huge not just in NY but around the world.

so my guess is that melo would lose maybe 5 million at most of the contract terms if he doesn't get a deal done now. and that really isn't that bad of a situation because that prevents the knicks from having to gut their team to get him.
    it's funny, at first i was 90% sure Melo wouldn't agree to extension, and then this board and the 7,000 rumors made me 90% sure he would and now i'm wondering because as much as everyone rationalizes it, it's still strange that the Nets deals keep getting close, moving back, getting close, moving back, and now the Knicks appear to be creeping in. If the Knicks creep in, then i think there is some truth there because the Nuggets want no part of us.

I always thought any refusal of an extension was a ploy by Melo to give the Knicks leverage to trade for him so i think we owe it to him to at least make an effort to acquire him that way.

High School Varsity 6th Man Naruto-sama's Avatar

Its funny how this Melo trade has been like a horse race where now its like neck and neck between NY trade and NJ's proposed trades, where throughout its been a constant leader then falling behind, etc.

just funny where we're at now with NY and NJ having different trades and it can go either way now

Melo also could be trying to save face. Melo's getting alot of "he's only going to the Nets for the money" talk in the media.

Even if that's true, Melo doesn't want that to be the perception. So all of sudden we're hearing "Melo needs to be sold on New Jersey." I think that's being pushed by his PR people. And that's what will happen. The Russian and King will present to him, he'll ponder, and then finally say yes. Making it look like he's happy with Nets direction, as if its NOT about the money (even though we know it is).

That's just a guess, but that's what I think will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    it's funny, at first i was 90% sure Melo wouldn't agree to extension, and then this board and the 7,000 rumors made me 90% sure he would and now i'm wondering because as much as everyone rationalizes it, it's still strange that the Nets deals keep getting close, moving back, getting close, moving back, and now the Knicks appear to be creeping in. If the Knicks creep in, then i think there is some truth there because the Nuggets want no part of us.

I always thought any refusal of an extension was a ploy by Melo to give the Knicks leverage to trade for him so i think we owe it to him to at least make an effort to acquire him that way.
    yea. melo is a superstar. he's 26 years old with half of his career left or more. it just seems silly to me that he'd be willing to go to a nets team just for a little extra money in the short term. it really doesn't make sense.

the nuggests have no leverage at all. if melo says "knicks or nothing"....then its on the nuggets. they either get something back....or let melo walk for nothing.

and like i said. it just seems silly to make this decision over the money difference when we all know that melo would reach a new level of star and earning power playing on the knicks.