Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: Why LeBron is (maybe) the best player in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Sure, but it's about what you'd rather have. If I have two players, fairly similar talent level, I'm not taking the undersized one of the two.
    I think it depends on the players rather than a blanket statement. It may generally be true, but there are always exceptions. Also, as has been mentioned Wade has other factors which make any height deficiencies largely irrelevant.

A. He's stronger than every other guard at his position, and in general.
    B. His arms are longer than the average person of his height
    C. He's explosively quick
    D. He is a great leaper
    E. He's extremely crafty and agile around the basket

I could go on. Like I said, Wade may be slightly undersized for what has traditionally been heights for sgs but it just doesn't matter.

He's truly the best player in the NBA.

All I know is LeBron shit on Portland tonight

Decent playground baller

LeBron with the Pooland dagger.

LeBron " The Blazers Killer" James

Learning to shoot layups Wow15Characters's Avatar

Of course this man is.
    Neega didn't wanna go fo' a consecutivo recordo of MVP awards but that 1 lil' round object that you put around da fingzzz

The Holy Trinity

As I said when he hits his outside shot like that, he's just a different animal....

But regardless, one thing is true with certainty-- whoever the best player is in the NBA, he plays basketball for the Miami Heat

3-time NBA All-Star

44 points on 17-26 shooting, 13 rebounds, and 6 assists tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    44 points on 17-26 shooting, 13 rebounds, and 6 assists tonight.
    dont forget also he won the game with those stats, it was not just a simple statline, he did those things in the crunch time

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    dont forget also he won the game with those stats, it was not just a simple statline, he did those things in the crunch time
    I agree 100%. I have been getting a kick out of all of the negatives that Lebron has been getting on this forum. Before the season started, he was hailed as a "Robin." Some posters said that Cleveland would still be a playoff team. And after the Heat started out 9-8, it was LEBRON that was getting ripped.

I have said it before, but I find it hard to believe that so many owners and GM's, most all far more successful and educated than the vast majority that frequent this forum, ...were being shredded here for "chasing" after LBJ the last couple of years.

Same with the critics of Dwight Howard. Everytime he "only" puts up a 15-10 game, new threads pop up about how over-rated the guy is. Here again, I suspect that if there were draft of all of the NBA players playing today, that Lebron would go #1, and Howard would be in the top-5, and perhaps as high as #2.

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    I agree 100%. I have been getting a kick out of all of the negatives that Lebron has been getting on this forum. Before the season started, he was hailed as a "Robin." Some posters said that Cleveland would still be a playoff team. And after the Heat started out 9-8, it was LEBRON that was getting ripped.

I have said it before, but I find it hard to believe that so many owners and GM's, most all far more successful and educated than the vast majority that frequent this forum, ...were being shredded here for "chasing" after LBJ the last couple of years.

Same with the critics of Dwight Howard. Everytime he "only" puts up a 15-10 game, new threads pop up about how over-rated the guy is. Here again, I suspect that if there were draft of all of the NBA players playing today, that Lebron would go #1, and Howard would be in the top-5, and perhaps as high as #2.
    A much needed post!

And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

Let's be real. There's no longer a (maybe) in front of this title for Lebron. Throw all the PC [COLOR="Black"]sh[/COLOR]it out the window. I can't stand his character, but he's without doubt playing the best basketball in the league right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Instinct
    Let's be real. There's no longer a (maybe) in front of this title for Lebron. Throw all the PC [COLOR="Black"]sh[/COLOR]it out the window. I can't stand his character, but he's without doubt playing the best basketball in the league right now.
    I agree, but i think the gap between Lebron & Wade is not that ridicilously big though and i still think Kobe has that mojo in him (you will see it sooner or later, i hope), so there could be a bit of doubt anyways for some. Now im speaking ability wise, but as far as who is playing the best i have to give it to Lebron, its getting a bit more obvious, especially with games like tonight.
    Last edited by sh0wtime; 01-10-2011 at 01:29 AM.

5-time NBA All-Star

The real interesting aspect of his year is that he totally defers in the first half. He's doesn't push his total game until the third quarter, yet, he is definitely in the running for MVP.

Banned

Lebron has one good game and people are trying to get in his pants.
    Chill it, its just one freaking game. Wade scored 44 points back to back like a week ago and didn't get this much treatment.

Chill out!