Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Wade never got out of the 1st round as a 1st option...

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Basically a career loser without Lechoke.
    I think thats a little too harsh, in 13 years in the league he has only 2 seasons where his team was under .500, he's also been a starter on that team since he was drafted.

I think he deserves props for riding it out with Miami all these years, up or down he's stuck it out. Its hard to expect a team to always be good :)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    Lazzeruss is bias and stupid. He just says what he wants to fit his argument and when he's wrong he'll just deflect or cherry pick stats. Also, has 0 context in his posts.
    i mean.. hes right that wilt is > wade in pretty much every aspect (peak, prime, career), but you guys somehow disagree?

Dunking on everybody in the park

Op i think you need to worry about Curry's health.

How are you not the 1st option if you take the most shots and score the most points, both in the playoffs so far, and for the entire season?

Dragic is the 6th best player on the team. You can't be a 1st option if you're the 6th best player.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    i mean.. hes right that wilt is > wade in pretty much every aspect (peak, prime, career), but you guys somehow disagree?
    Did you not read his last post to grapeape?

He said Wade vanished in Game 6 of the '11 Finals, completely ignoring that Wade was hurt and completely ignoring his great play through the 1st 5 Games.

He said Wade shot horribly in Game 6 of the '13 Finals, what about Game 4? Game 5? Game 7? nah just game 6.

He said Wade contributed nothing in the '14 Finals (not fully true), and nothing in the '14 Playoffs. Let's ignore the fact that he put up 19/4/4 on 52% throught the 1st 3 rounds.

Then he says Wade wasn't valuable to the Heat because they went 47-18 without him with 0 context. Shaq's 90s teams went 56-31 without him was he not valuable to them? Kobe had a poor record sans Shaq during their time together was he not valuable?

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    No, the career loser is a bus-rider who lost the '11 Finals with a horrific choke job in the clinching game six loss, and was a bus-rider in their '13 Finals, and contributed nothing in their '14 blowout series loss.

Take away Lechoke, and Wade is...a career loser.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...306130SAS.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...306200MIA.html

Yeah, "bus-rider"

Now fuck off, and go watch and fap to grainy videos of your long dead hero (PEDs) choking at the ft line and clanking away with one robotic post move after another.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    How are you not the 1st option if you take the most shots and score the most points, both in the playoffs so far, and for the entire season?

Dragic is the 6th best player on the team. You can't be a 1st option if you're the 6th best player.
    He's also their best playmaker and passer.

I rule the local playground Mean Joe Bean's Avatar

Shaq was not the #1 option ever in his Heat years. Look at who lead the team in scoring, minutes, field goal attempts, it's Wade and not even close. So moronic.

He's also their best playmaker and passer.
    True. Dragic is actually one of the worst passers at the point guard position.

Jordan Stopper

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    True. Dragic is actually one of the worst passers at the point guard position.

Umm, have you ever seen Kyrie play??

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Did you not read his last post to grapeape?

He said Wade vanished in Game 6 of the '11 Finals, completely ignoring that Wade was hurt and completely ignoring his great play through the 1st 5 Games.

He said Wade shot horribly in Game 6 of the '13 Finals, what about Game 4? Game 5? Game 7? nah just game 6.

He said Wade contributed nothing in the '14 Finals (not fully true), and nothing in the '14 Playoffs. Let's ignore the fact that he put up 19/4/4 on 52% throught the 1st 3 rounds.

Then he says Wade wasn't valuable to the Heat because they went 47-18 without him with 0 context. Shaq's 90s teams went 56-31 without him was he not valuable to them? Kobe had a poor record sans Shaq during their time together was he not valuable?
    and look at all the arguments being levied against wilt.. theyre just as exagerrated.

Why is OP allowed to post threads?

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Wade was clearly not 100% in game 6 of 2011. If you want to hold the durability issues against him, fine, but he played well enough overall in that series to win. He was up and down at times in the 2013 finals, but his game 4 performance saved the series and he came up big in game 7. In the 2014 ECF he averaged 20/5/4 on 55%. He was really good in that series, which admittedly makes his finals even more disappointing. I still believe that the "maintenance plan" was the primary culprit. He looked gassed in the finals.

BTW, I've never once claimed or even suggested that Wade is better than Wilt. I have Wilt in the "big 4" along with Jordan, Kareem, and Russell.
    Wade has been a great player. If there are those that rank him #27, I have no problem with it.

But, there are also those that go over-board with his career as well.

'06 Finals. Arguably even more controversial than the '02 WCF's. Why? Because the '02 series was not fixed for either team, but rather, to go to seven games. The officiating in the '06 Finals has been ripped ad nauseum for years. In any case, I have given Wade his "due" in that series.

'11. Forget the game six meltdown. The real problem...Wade couldn't carry the Heat as the first option. Lebron gets blamed, but as anyone that watched that entire season unfold would know...the team didn't have a true leader. Ultimately, Lebron didn't know his role, and Wade couldn't get it done. Riley addressed it right after the season, and Lebron was put in the role of the leader. From that point on, it was Lebron's team...and it paid off well, with two rings in the next three seasons.

'12. Clearly Lebron carried this team. Granted, Wade played well for the most part, but make no mistake, it was LBJ that led that team.

'13. Wade's play was nothing sensational. Granted, he was nowhere near his prime, either. But what is often overlooked is just how much he choked in that game six. He was awful...at both ends. Again, had Allen not hit that shot, and both Wade and Lebron have one less ring. BUT, just like Lebron was roasted in '11, it would have been Wade getting ripped in '13.

'14. Just awful...at both ends. But even Lebron's stats, which were arguably the best Finals of his career in terms of stats...were meaningless. The Spurs controlled that series at both ends, and it honestly looked like the Heat were statues on the defensive end. NO one played well defensively. But again, Wade was pathetic.

'15. Well, we saw what we knew we had seen. That the Heat, without Lebron, were a lousy team. Think about this...since Lebron left, the Heat basically replaced him with Deng, Dragic, and Whiteside...and still had a losing team (and only 28-34 with Wade.) Geezus...Whiteside was a HUGE upgrade over the clowns that Lebron had in Miami. Then, this year they added Joe Johnson...and the result...a 48-34 team. Which has been considerably worse than the 54-28 team that went to the Finals in Lebron's last year in Miami. Granted...injuries have played a role, but interestingly...what I call the "Bosh Effect"...teams play better without Bosh, than with him. This year was no exception.

And one more time...in Lebron's four years in Miami...the Heat went 47-18 in the games Wade missed.
    Last edited by LAZERUSS; 05-01-2016 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BasketballLove
    I think thats a little too harsh, in 13 years in the league he has only 2 seasons where his team was under .500, he's also been a starter on that team since he was drafted.

I think he deserves props for riding it out with Miami all these years, up or down he's stuck it out. Its hard to expect a team to always be good :)
    Agreed,

See my post above.

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
    2004- Caron Butler/ Odom

2005-2006- Shaq

2011-2014- LeBron

2016- Dragic/Deng

Discuss
    Dubeta 👎