Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Default Re: Dwight Howard to new Orlando GM: "Trade me to the Nets!"

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The Nets have nothing to trade. You basically want Orlando to rush into a bad deal to avoid embarrasment. If Orlando literally waits two weeks the nets will play themselves out of this and Howard will need to rethink his strategy.

What if Dwill Signs I am sure Dwill has Told Howard he is staying or Howard wouldn't be so Hot to move to Brooklyn. He wants to be there for the Inaugural season in Brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    What if Dwill Signs I am sure Dwill has Told Howard he is staying or Howard wouldn't be so Hot to move to Brooklyn. He wants to be there for the Inaugural season in Brooklyn.
    i don't think you are getting me. i think Dwight Howard wants to go there. But the Nets are going to use their cap space on veteran players who even if good, are not going to be contracts the magic will take on. And since the Nets cannot sign him in FA, what leverage does Dwight have? If he becomes, a Lakers (blegh), he's going to leave to go where?

You're going to take on long term salary, non movable salary that will not enable you to sign Dwight Howard. So his "I WILL ONLY EXTEND WITH NETS" threat means nothing if the Nets can't sign him. Remember Chris Paul? I WILL ONLY SIGN WITH KNICKS. OH SHIT, THEY CANT PAY ME? I WILL ONLY SIGN WITH KNICKS AND CLIPPERS.

Nets tried to get Scola, now Joe Johnson, and your backup plan is multiple year deals for Wallace, Lopez and a PF. Not saying your team won't be good, but trading for Howard? NOPE.
    I dont know to be honest what happens. Im not gonna say Nets aren't gonna get Howard yet, gotta see what the team does this off-season. But it is unlikely at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
    I dont know to be honest what happens. Im not gonna say Nets aren't gonna get Howard yet, gotta see what the team does this off-season. But it is unlikely at this point.
    If they get JJ it's pretty much dead unless they do nothing else. And they'll definitely resign Lopez.

It's confusing to me. I'm not trying to be an ass about it, it's just like the Wallace trade, the obvious downside outweights the benefit.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

i don't think you are getting me. i think Dwight Howard wants to go there. But the Nets are going to use their cap space on veteran players who even if good, are not going to be contracts the magic will take on. And since the Nets cannot sign him in FA, what leverage does Dwight have? If he becomes, a Lakers (blegh), he's going to leave to go where?

If Dwill Signs They will MAKE sure they have $ free to get Howrd either before this season or than when he hits FA market..They are not gonna take on a JJ if that ruins the chance to get Howard.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    If Dwill Signs They will MAKE sure they have $ free to get Howrd either before this season or than when he hits FA market..They are not gonna take on a JJ if that ruins the chance to get Howard.
    Exactly. It's only a matter of time before Dwight is in Brooklyn.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

i think Orlando GM has told Howard that he will trade him to a team who presents the best package ...nets dont have it...they are behind Lakers, Rockets

thats why Howard is burning and leaking the info...thats what i think

I dont think the lakers will trade for him..if he is not signing the extension..

High School Varsity 6th Man

You're going to take on long term salary, non movable salary that will not enable you to sign Dwight Howard. So his "I WILL ONLY EXTEND WITH NETS" threat means nothing if the Nets can't sign him. Remember Chris Paul? I WILL ONLY SIGN WITH KNICKS. OH SHIT, THEY CANT PAY ME? I WILL ONLY SIGN WITH KNICKS AND CLIPPERS.

Nets tried to get Scola, now Joe Johnson, and your backup plan is multiple year deals for Wallace, Lopez and a PF. Not saying your team won't be good, but trading for Howard? NOPE.
    I don't see why the Nets can't get Howard. Lopez (S&T), future 1st round pick, filler can get it done. Lakers aren't trading Bynum/etc for a one-year rental. It's pretty obvious at this point that the only team Howard wants is the Nets. Sooner Knicks fans realize it, sooner you guys can get over it.

If they don't get Howard, Nets will make huge offer to OJ Mayo. Reminds me of my wife when i get the tax refund check. Nets need someone to remind them the money is not found money, it does count.

If they get JJ it's pretty much dead unless they do nothing else. And they'll definitely resign Lopez.

It's confusing to me. I'm not trying to be an ass about it, it's just like the Wallace trade, the obvious downside outweights the benefit.
    Were not getting JJ. That should be thrown out the window.

Here is something interesting

Hennigan was noncommital when Howard told him he wants to be traded to Brooklyn, sources told Broussard. In addition, the ESPN writer said Howard is investigating whether the NBA Players Association would sue on his behalf to get his March 15 opt-in reversed, claiming that he was "blackmailed" into agreeing to stay in Orlando. There's no indication the NBPA will go along
    Doubt it goes through though

WHY THE HELL DlD HE EXTEND ONE YEAR THEN

If they don't get Howard, Nets will make huge offer to OJ Mayo. Reminds me of my wife when i get the tax refund check. Nets need someone to remind them the money is not found money, it does count.

Quote Originally Posted by itsGameTime
    I don't see why the Nets can't get Howard. Lopez (S&T), future 1st round pick, filler can get it done.
    No it can't. It won't be the best offer. Their picks are shit if they get Howard. There pick last year which had potential to be Anthony Davis did not get it done.

The Nets need the leverage of the FA. Without it, it doesn't work. People will keep saying it's wrong because people on this board tend to do that but even Wojo says it in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    D-Will, D12, and Joe Johnson.

BROOKLYN STAND UP!

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Hold on. He wants to sue the Magic for blackmail?

We've reached a new low point.