Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Stars

5-time NBA All-Star

Default Golden Stars

The Warriors are playing their sixth straight series against teams that look like 8 seeds. Not their fault but what a string of luck. Could backfire on them when they play SA though.

Default Re: Golden Stars

Why/How could it backfire on them?

This is a 73 win team. They've played everyone at their best and have still beaten all of them.

5-time NBA All-Star

No competition is not a primer for when real competition steps up. It just adds pressure when you finally see a team constantly tugging at you.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    No competition is not a primer for when real competition steps up. It just adds pressure when you finally see a team constantly tugging at you.
    And so because the warriors can easily beat 27 other teams in the league they're in luck. I see.

It's not their fault. They can only play who is on the other side. You don't get to pick and choose who you play just because you're the 1st seed.

5-time NBA All-Star

I am not saying its a knock on them as they only have, and should have, to beat the team in front of them. Its Golden in the fortune they've had. I really believe they were the best team this year and near it last year so I'm not downing them at all. But it's still rare that they could go six series long without facing tough competition or teams having great misfortune.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

they beat a houston team that beat a clipper team that beat San Antonio just last year.. and they beat a cavs team that swept the ECFs in routs.

cmon PG, 8 seeds ??

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    they beat a houston team that beat a clipper team that beat San Antonio just last year.. and they beat a cavs team that swept the ECFs in routs.

cmon PG, 8 seeds ??

Maybe my boy Kawhi was right in that other thread about banning Laker fans. Rockets last year were a completely different team from the ones this year. They were the #2 seed last year. This season they are the #8 seed. They played a lottt worse.

Not only that, but that Clippers team was up 3-1 on that Rockets team before an all-time great choke.

Not only that, but the Spurs last year weren't nearly as good as the Spurs this year and were a bottom seed last season that didn't have HCA vs. the Clippers. This season they are a 67 win #2 seed (would be #1 seed in almost any other season) with a GOAT tier defense, adding very key players like Aldridge, West, etc.

NOT ONLY THAT, but last season Spurs had a plethora of injuries that limited their players in the post season like Parker hamstring injury, Splitter injury, etc. You would think a Kobe stan would know all about that since it's brought up ad infinitum about his labrum in that '03 series (never bringing up the many injuries Spurs had when facing the Lakers, conveniently).

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014

Maybe my boy Kawhi was right in that other thread about banning Laker fans. Rockets last year were a completely different team from the ones this year. They were the #2 seed last year. This season they are the #8 seed. They played a lottt worse.

Not only that, but that Clippers team was up 3-1 on that Rockets team before an all-time great choke.

Not only that, but the Spurs last year weren't nearly as good as the Spurs this year and were a bottom seed last season that didn't have HCA vs. the Clippers. This season they are a 67 win #2 seed (would be #1 seed in almost any other season) with a GOAT tier defense, adding very key players like Aldridge, West, etc.

NOT ONLY THAT, but last season Spurs had a plethora of injuries that limited their players in the post season like Parker hamstring injury, Splitter injury, etc. You would think a Kobe stan would know all about that since it's brought up ad infinitum about his labrum in that '03 series (never bringing up the many injuries Spurs had when facing the Lakers, conveniently).
    i never said anything about this years rockets. If you read the OP you'd see the topic spans back to last years playoffs dummy.

And all those excuses lol.. you guys got beat fair and square.

Point was that last years Cleveland team and last years Rockets were not 8 seed level teams.. they were actually damn good squads, but overall I agree that the warriors have had it easier than most champions so far. That will change in the WCFs and Finals of course.

hmmm so you're saying the west is weak right?

5-time NBA All-Star

cmon PG, 8 seeds ??
    Now look at the injury reports.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014

The "Spurs last year" were 1 choked game (New Orleans) from being the 2 seed. They also got beat by a team whose best player was playing through significant injuries...they lost because the Clipppers played better when it counted, plain and simple. Through injuries and all.

5-time NBA All-Star

i never said anything about this years rockets. If you read the OP you'd see the topic spans back to last years playoffs dummy.

And all those excuses lol.. you guys got beat fair and square.

Point was that last years Cleveland team and last years Rockets were not 8 seed level teams.. they were actually damn good squads, but overall I agree that the warriors have had it easier than most champions so far. That will change in the WCFs and Finals of course.
    The Rockets become individuals in the playoffs when pressure is applied. They looked absolutely horrible - this year and getting eliminated last year. Who was the second best player on the Cavs last year??? Lebron is great but comon. And they were new to each other. They were fresh off losing Kyrie and Love.

You beat who they put in front of you. I would rather have played Detroit (Cavs) or Memphis (Spurs) in the 1st round.

The Spurs had arguably the easiest 1st round in the history of the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    The Rockets become individuals in the playoffs when pressure is applied. They looked absolutely horrible - this year and getting eliminated last year. Who was the second best player on the Cavs last year??? Lebron is great but comon. And they were new to each other. They were fresh off losing Kyrie and Love.
    the Cavs had the best defense in the playoffs last year after Love went down.. the best offensive rebounder in the playoffs (tristan).. they played a slow deliberate pace w/ Lebron at the helm. Were good enough to thouroughly dominate the east and even go up 2-1 on the Warriors before running out of gas. They werent a bad Finals competition at all..

off the top of my head the finalist to come out of the east in 00, 01, 02, 03, 07, 09 were all worse and you can probably throw in some of those detroit teams that had no one near as good as bron.

Cant wait for the Finals, you will see the dramatic difference in defense w/ kyrie and Love starting 40 minutes per game against juggernauts like the spurs or GS.