Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Deron Williams is going to be MVP

Quote Originally Posted by demons2005
    Wow keep hating.

Paul won't be an all-star he will probably be injured and he is still a loser in that he has never been able to lead a team to do anything substantial. Kind of pathetic how hype-zombies still think he's a better player.
    He is probably a better point guard than Williams but Williams is playing in a perfect system that benefit point guards, like Nash is a good pg he is a great two times MVP playing in a offense that is suit for him. Williams and Boozer will not been putting the number they are getting right now in other systems. They are good players, but now they are great in a system that is proving to get results, (Stockton to Malone remember).

BTW the hornets are 3-0

I believe deron will win the MVP someday soon... But it wont be this year. He has to become a household name first and make the all-star team. He definitely has the potential to be something special though. I'm glad the jazz picked him in the draft.

Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

this year. This kid is the best PG [COLOR="Red"]in Utah[/COLOR], since Stockton he is unbelievable. Sick jump shot, amazing court vision, and complete lockdown defense, what more can you ask from a point guard, oh yeah WINNING. I can't believe people are still comparing him to chris paul lol He turned around the Jazz last year and he is continuing to do so. Tonight's game is just the tip of the iceberg.

30 points on 13-17, 9 assists, 4 steals and its not over
    Fixed.......

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by el_locoteee
    He is probably a better point guard than Williams but Williams is playing in a perfect system that benefit point guards, like Nash is a good pg he is a great two times MVP playing in a offense that is suit for him. Williams and Boozer will not been putting the number they are getting right now. They are good players, but now they are great in a system that is proving to get results, (Stockton to Malone remember).
    Wow just wow name one PG that has had good success in Sloan's system besides Stockton, who is arguably the best pure pg or tied with Magic. Sloan doesn't make them great it just takes great PG's to run sloan's system.

Paul gets to do whatever he wants which is why he gets good stats but tell me when his team makes the playoffs lol

3 games and I'm not saying all of them will be as good as this game statistically but he is dominating, imposing his will on the game, like only the special players can do. Honestly watch a Jazz game if you still doubt him. He is no flash all skill and determination.
    I grant you that if he played the Warriors for 82 games, he would be an MVP candidate.

Retro is in

Quote Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
    The dude is built like a runningback with handles......he's very strong.
    That's probably it. I guess he does look like a football player type.

Very good NBA starter

yea ok...and luke walton will make all nba 1st team.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by steve
    I grant you that if he played the Warriors for 82 games, he would be an MVP candidate.
    whatever man time will prove me right so I don't need to argue this.

Oh but by the way look at Baron Davis (a top 5 pg) shooting tonight. Deron gets it done on both sides of the court

Made that high school varsity squad ThaWarrior's Avatar

lol ur crazy maybe in 5 years and he playing against the warriors

Right now, I'd put Dunleavy and Kaman over him.

NBA lottery pick

If that is the case, then Stockton should have won an mvp every year that he had Malone and Sloan..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blazerfan22
    That's probably it. I guess he does look like a football player type.
    He used to be a wrestler way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by steve
    That's the truth. When we played against them our commentators were talking about it. Jerry Sloan teams are very physical, if you are a finesse team they will beat you up.

I.E.......GS this year, GS last year, GS in the playoffs.

also

they played the Suns great last year.

With Utah, you have to match that intensity and punch them in the mouth. The Rockets were just trying to run in the first quarter when Utah had a 10 point lead, but then they inserted Scola, started playing defense and controlled the entire game.

whatever man time will prove me right so I don't need to argue this.

Oh but by the way look at Baron Davis (a top 5 pg) shooting tonight. Deron gets it done on both sides of the court
    Nobody is saying your hero isn't a good PG he's just not "MVP" caliber yet.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

If Steve Nash can be considered MVP quality, so can Deron. Somebody want to put out the huge differences between the two that make Deron a lesser player? Is it because Deron plays better defense? Because he can shoot it just as well? Because Deron has better drive moves? Is it because Deron can see the floor equally as well?