Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: lebron calls ai 'pound for pound' the greatest player ever

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Just making shit up about Lebron fans these days.
    Actually, he's on point about James fans dissing Iverson, but really a lot of fans today overall hate on Iverson because they didn't watch him in context and just god is efficiency.

Granted, Iverson does have a lot of fingers to be pointed at, but it seems all the time it comes from a certain camp of fans.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Kenneth..... Kobe is (was) one of the most athletic players in NBA history, at his position only Jordan was somewhat more athletic for longer time... he sure damn used it and needed it to dominate (especially defensively).... once that started to noticeably decrease now/past few years there was less and less dominating dont you think.... what Kobe is doing now / past few years is not what i would say dominating? Yes, he still plays great, gets his shots up for PPG... but dominating?

i'm talking about the 2nd half of kobes career

since his knee problems in 2004.. he's never been the same type of freak athlete he was from 1997-2003

yet he actually had better individual success since... because he doesnt need a physical advantage with his all around game he's achieved

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    AI at Kobe's height - 8 inches taller and 50 lbs heavier. Naaaah, I got AI. I'd take AI at half those margins at 6'2 and 190.

If you want to go the no advantages route, Dantley was about the same weight as Bryant only a little bit heavier, about an inch or two shorter, and he had no physical advantages at all. He just knew how to ball.

Adrian Dantely is one of those players that white basketball fans tend to forget about before they inevitably bring up Bird in these types of threads.

and just read some later posts.....on cue Bird's name comes up .

pound for pound....Nate Archibald, Isiah Thomas, and AI have to be mentioned near the top

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

That's not a outrageous thing to say at all. Being barely 6' and 160lb and still did what he did on a nightly basis among giants, give him 6 inches and 50lb it wouldn't surprise me if he can rival MJ

Iverson made basketball look easy.....without question one of favorites to ever watch play

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable
    if we're talking little guys who were great players.. the greatest has to be ZEKE . 2 championships as the alpha PG. while CRUSHING MJ every year

Crushing who? I seem to remember MJ lighting up the Pistons, even with their Jordan Rules, while his teammates didn't step up. And then MJ and the Bulls going on to end the Pistons' mini dynasty once and for all.

I got love for you LeBron but this is straight up a laughable statement.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

yes

And they say Lebron is a student of the game. Smh. Dude ever hear of Isiah Lord Thomas?? Or Tiny Archibald?

Banned

I'm going with Kobe. He was very athletic contrary to what people want to say but he didn't really used any of that to his advantage like non-skill players like Jordan, Shaq and even Lebron and I hate to even mention him in the conversation and no disrespect to MJ and Shaq. These guys relied heavily on their athleticism against their opponents.

Kobe's career was incredible. Dunking on people and dominating in a fashion unseen before. That's why he is ranked among the greatest players of all time.

We have to admit that Kobe is probably the most entertaining player ever. He dominates without actually using his athletic ability and it's very fun to watch.

When I think pound for pound in bball, I think guards 6'1 and under. Guys who are just as skilled as anybody but are limited pretty much to one maybe two positions. For example U KNOW if AI was 6'6 he would be even more of a beast. Because he would have the size to really matchup on both ends with the MJ's, Kobe's, Drexler's, Wade's, Gervin's, etc. on defense. Offensively, AI can score on anybody. People underestimate at how defenders like Pip, Bron, Cooper, or MJ can make life hard for PG's or smaller guards when they defend them. They can space them out and recover in time to get a hand up in their grill. That's why many small SG's can't make it in the L from college. They lack PG skills AND can't get their off on bigger wings.

But AI could score at will on anybody AND had PG skills to boot. And also had arguably the sickest handles ever. And was an awesome athlete. So in that sense, AI is the most dominant pound for pound ever along with Isiah. And don't sleep on Tiny and CP3 either.

175-188lb Jerry West >>>> anyone else under 190lbs

Jerry takes the crown for best pound for pound player ever in my books. He's the damn logo. Tiny, Thomas, AI etc are all examples of other worthy candidates though.

Lebron is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    175-188lb Jerry West >>>> anyone else under 190lbs

Jerry takes the crown for best pound for pound player ever in my books. He's the damn logo. Tiny, Thomas, AI etc are all examples of other worthy candidates though.
    If we are talking 6'3 and under 200 pounds then I'm down with that for sure. My top five historically would be West, Isiah, AI, Tiny,and Monroe. From there u got guys like Nash, Paul, Tim Hardaway, and KJ. And this Golden Era of PG's could produce a multitude of guys with Rose and Westbrook leading the way.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Lebron is an idiot.
    He's a fcukin piece of shit.