Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Is Austin Rivers a future Bust?

He'll become a good bench guy. He wiuld have stayed in school, everyone saw he wasnt ready to be a one and done guy. He'll get stuck in a bench role and not developed until hes traded a few times and finds a niche as a bench scorer

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Didn't like his game at Duke and thought he should have stayed for two more years at least. He's the kind of player that would have really benefited from four full years in college.

But, because of the hype he received in high school and because of his last name, he probably never even considered staying another year. In fact, I believe I read somewhere that he was very open about the fact that he wouldn't have gone to college at all had it not been for the rule. I mean, a lot of guys fall into the category, but very few are honest about it... And especially for someone who had no business being a pro at 19 in the first place.

I'm really not liking what I'm seeing out of the kid right now. He doesn't look like he belongs on this level. You'll get that often with rookies, but guys picked in the Top 10-15 should at least show occasional flashes of what their capable of. Those moments are too few and far between for Rivers.

Btw, of the top shooting guard prospects from this year's draft, how would you rank them so far?

1. Dion Waiters - 14 points (38% FG, 42% 3PT, 68% FT), 2.4 assists, 2.4 rebounds, 1.0 steals, 1.8 TOs

2. Bradley Beal - 11 points (34% FG, 33% 3PT, 90% FT), 1.8 assists, 3.0 rebounds, 0.9 steals, 2.0 TOs

Then who? You have Terrence Ross, Jeremy Lamb and Rivers. None of those guys are doing much to speak of, but neither Ross nor Lamb have gotten much of a chance so far.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 11-24-2012 at 04:02 AM.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

A few tours in the D league, some years playing in Europe and when he comes back at 28 years old he will probably make a decent bench player in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
    Should of stayed in school
    Might is with better NBA

Local High School Star Basketbolero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    Bust or not, I think we can all agree he was drafted way too high, I came to this consensus before his first game lol
    Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA

you can't come to a consensus on your own, idiot.
    kNickz exposed as being Delonte West right there

My dude is playing nice basketball right now.

Vs clippers he's like 5-7fg; 14 pts/ 5 assists

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    My dude is playing nice basketball right now.

Vs clippers he's like 5-7fg; 14 pts/ 5 assists
    Seems to me its more of a problem on the Clippers side. Its not just Austin Rivers, every player on the Hornets team is making shots they usually airball.

Decent college freshman

Besides the game winner at UNC he wasn't even a great college player. He rode that single shot + his last name straight to the NBA lottery. Every scout everywhere said he should have stayed in college another year.

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    Besides the game winner at UNC he wasn't even a great college player. He rode that single shot + his last name straight to the NBA lottery. Every scout everywhere said he should have stayed in college another year.

Apparently not the hornets' scouts. Lol.

I think he'll be a quality nba player.

I think he'll be a good starter and I wouldn't be too surprised if he turned out to be a superstar. You never know. (Think mr Bryant)

Second tier sixth man.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Those types of players are valuable.

Good High School Starter notatop29pg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    Apparently not the hornets' scouts. Lol.

I think he'll be a quality nba player.

I think he'll be a good starter and I wouldn't be too surprised if he turned out to be a superstar. You never know. (Think mr Bryant)
    He's got the work ethic thats for sure. He's literally out there working to completely rebuild his game.

I usually hit open layups

Everyone who said he can't be a PG need to eat their words now. The kid can play PG and I saw it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by notatop29pg
    He's got the work ethic thats for sure. He's literally out there working to completely rebuild his game.
    And that's all he has to do. Work on his game until he retires. A lot of people stop working on their game when they win ship or are famous (Shaq) and then they just coast. But players like Kobe or MJ kept at it until they couldn't no more. I hope he continues to practice a lot, it will show on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by supe12sta12z
    Everyone who said he can't be a PG need to eat their words now. The kid can play PG and I saw it tonight.
    Don't know you!? Rivers is already a bust 15 games into his rookie season. The amount of hate is incubated by Duke haters (ahem dUNCe fans) on this board.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

the supposedly deep draft. has been quiet thus far. lots of potentials in the wrong environments to develop