Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default kobe bryants true yearly value estimate. via production/brand sales/tickets

production.

27/5/6, 1st team all nba

$20,000,000/year

---------------------------------------------

jersey sales

How much money does the NBA generate? around 4 billion dollars per year
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_a...rseys_generate

fair estimate

kobe bryant was #1 in jersey sales for most of the last decade

he's probably responsible for 10% of the sales atleast

which is $400million

$400,000,000

------------------------------------------------------------

shoes

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbade...shoe-salesmen/

Kobe 8 signature shoes sold $50 million at U.S. stores last year
    kobe bryant makes around 22.3% of that ( kobe signs anual deals of 40 million every 5 years )

50,000,000/year

----------------------------------------------

trading cards panini

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panini_America

The Panini Group reached record sales approaching $1 billion in 2009, has ... the NBA announced Panini would become the exclusive trading card partner
    kobe is exclusively with panini. he is one of the only top nba names exclusively signed with them. making him pretty much the only reason nba fans buy their cards and looking for autographs or jersey cards

i'd say 25% of the market is basketball. with kobe being responsible for atleast 50% of the sales

1 billion divided by 4 = 250,000,000

50% of 250,000,000 is 125 million

$125,000,000/year

-------------------------------------------

ticket sales

http://madamenoire.com/101895/nba-ch...illion-team/3/
    The priciest tickets in the NBA generate $2 million a game for the Lakers' owners

2 million times 82 games is 164 million

the average nba arena sells 16,000 seats per game

theres 19,060 seats in staples center

because of kobe they sell out every game. any team that sells out must have an elite brand player

which is around a 16% increase

16% of 164 million = 26.4 million

$26,400,000/year

-----------------------------------------------------------

tv contract

the lakers signed an 8 billion dollar decade long contract. with mostly all of it due to kobe bryant

hes responsible for atleast 25%

$2,000,000,000 for the next 5 years

2 billion devided by 5 is 400 million

$400,000,000/year

---------------------------------------------------------

which is a grand total of

$1,021,400,000

1 billion dollars bare minimum

not counting allot of the world. just common knowledge

still think kobe is overpaid?
    Last edited by kennethgriffin; 10-28-2013 at 01:28 AM.

Default Re: kobe bryants true yearly value estimate. via production/brand sales/tickets

That Jersey estimate is way off in my opinion. Switch that with TV Rights fees.

Kobe is the reason people watch the Lakers today.

Banned

Default Re: kobe bryants true yearly value estimate. via production/brand sales/tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcats2013

probably.. but even if its off.. i still say out of the entire world. kobe sells around a billion dollars worth of jerseys every year

and i havent even gotten into the whole tv rights deals

like the 8 billion dollar contract the lakers signed

or the league pass sales

*edit.. just added the tv contract
    Last edited by kennethgriffin; 10-28-2013 at 01:16 AM.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Lol this is some terrible math/approximation but I agree with the general Idea that Kobe is a max player especially if you factor in the off the court value he brings.

Earned not given

God damn this n*gga sucks Kobe off so much he can't stop thinking about him all day.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcats2013

Kobe is the reason people watch the Lakers today.

fixed the jersey sales estimate... did more research.. its actually around 400 million

If you did this for all NBA players half of them would be living in low income housing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    If you did this for all NBA players half of them would be living in low income housing.

i think only kobe and lebron turn out a billion dollars a year of total revenue

i'd say the average nba player is worth less than 2% of what they are

Banned

kenneth are you retarded or something? nevermind rhetorical question we know it's yes.

What does his private dealings with companies have to do with how much he is worth on the court? Jordan still makes bank with his shoes and Nike etc even though he's been retired for years. Should he still get a big contract with the bulls or wizards for it? Stop spewing out retarded numbers that do not reflect anything.

TV deals? You think they pay that for ONE player? Not the other players on his team? Not the opponents? Not the coaches? Not because of what the front office does? Do you understand economics at all? There are no costs, no expenditures...its ALL PROFITS. ALL OF IT BELONGS TO KOBE!! ONLY KOBE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF IT.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ispin69
    kenneth are you retarded or something? nevermind rhetorical question we know it's yes.

What does his private dealings with companies have to do with how much he is worth on the court? Jordan still makes bank with his shoes and Nike etc even though he's been retired for years. Should he still get a big contract with the bulls or wizards for it? Stop spewing out retarded numbers that do not reflect anything.

TV deals? You think they pay that for ONE player? Not the other players on his team? Not the opponents? Not the coaches? Not because of what the front office does? Do you understand economics at all? There are no costs, no expenditures...its ALL PROFITS. ALL OF IT BELONGS TO KOBE!! ONLY KOBE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF IT.

i didnt say it did. this thread is about his overall value. i listed his on court value at 20 mill

try reading something other than the title... wait.. nevermind. i even said it in the title

kobe bryants true yearly value estimate. via production/brand sales/tickets
    and i didnt give total value to kobe. like the tv deal for instance. i gave kobe 25% of the value. which is fair. infact. i'd say much more than 25% of the people who watch laker games are kobe bryant fans/haters and non laker fans ( and thats at the very least )

who's the retard exactly?

Last edited by kennethgriffin; 10-28-2013 at 02:05 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    i didnt say it did. this thread is about his overall value. i listed his on court value at 20 mill

try reading something other than the title... wait.. nevermind. i even said it in the title

who's the retard ?

kobe bryant makes around 22.3% of that
    i'd say 25% of the market is basketball. with kobe being responsible for atleast 50% of the sales

All you have are a bunch of "PROBABLY responsible" percentages. You make them up out of your azz. That doesn't make it what is it is, moron. And if he's "making" so much on side deals maybe he should work for free and leave cap space so he can win...oops there goes your sh!t logic. huuurrrr the nba/companies is making so much...this is all kobe. GTFO
    Last edited by ispin69; 10-28-2013 at 02:09 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ispin69
    All you have are a bunch of "PROBABLY" percentages.

thats what an estimate is.. its an estimated guess based on probables

but anyway.. its not like i went all out. i gave kobe small percentages

like the 10% of nba jersey sales... thats pretty low considering its more likely that 90% of jersey sales around the world are one of either kobe or lebron

the guy was #1 by a large margin for over a decade for god sake

Banned

Oh really you didn't make any mention of how it ties to your thoughts of how he is being paid for on the court salary?

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

production.

27/5/6, 1st team all nba

$20,000,000/year

---------------------------------------------

jersey sales

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_a...rseys_generate

fair estimate

kobe bryant was #1 in jersey sales for most of the last decade

which is $400million

$400,000,000

------------------------------------------------------------

shoes

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbade...shoe-salesmen/

kobe bryant makes around 22.3% of that ( kobe signs anual deals of 40 million every 5 years )

50,000,000/year

----------------------------------------------

trading cards panini

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panini_America

kobe is exclusively with panini. he is one of the only top nba names exclusively signed with them. making him pretty much the only reason nba fans buy their cards and looking for autographs or jersey cards

1 billion divided by 4 = 250,000,000

50% of 250,000,000 is 125 million

$125,000,000/year

-------------------------------------------

ticket sales

http://madamenoire.com/101895/nba-ch...illion-team/3/

2 million times 82 games is 164 million

the average nba arena sells 16,000 seats per game

theres 19,060 seats in staples center

because of kobe they sell out every game. any team that sells out must have an elite brand player

16% of 164 million = 26.4 million

$26,400,000/year

-----------------------------------------------------------

tv contract

the lakers signed an 8 billion dollar decade long contract. with mostly all of it due to kobe bryant

$2,000,000,000 for the next 5 years

2 billion devided by 5 is 400 million

$400,000,000/year

---------------------------------------------------------

which is a grand total of

$1,021,400,000

1 billion dollars bare minimum

not counting allot of the world. just common knowledge

The league's average cap is somewhere around 60 million, how is the team going to pay him 1 billion? You are mixing up different concepts. A super star's salary will never be able to remotely indicate his overall value, you have to think about it in the right context

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    The league's average cap is somewhere around 60 million, how is the team going to pay him 1 billion? You are mixing up different concepts. A super star's salary will never be able to remotely indicate his overall value, you have to think about it in the right context

i think the lakers should realistically owe kobe 150-200 million a year/per season based on overall on court production/ticket sales/tv deals/jersey sales

the shoes and trading cards are obviously separate

and thats being nice.