Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2015, 08:34 PM   #8581
ZeN
NüHumans Rise...
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Attîlan
Posts: 26,345
Default Re: A Game of Thrones Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suguru101
That is just unreasonable. Complex for the sake of being complex.

Dumb theory.
I dont think its likely true. However the theory is not complicated at all. Its all possible within the context of the narrative in the novels.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:32 PM   #8582
Suguru101
Annabele Lee
 
Suguru101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: E.A. Poe
Posts: 4,488
Default Re: A Game of Thrones Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I dont think its likely true. However the theory is not complicated at all. Its all possible within the context of the narrative in the novels.

I meant it story-wise. If it were true, from a story pov it's be complex for the sake of being complex.

There is no reason for Jon to have a sister. This series has enough going on as it is (he really should have cut down on the non-main characters and stories a bit).

Last edited by Suguru101 : 08-26-2015 at 09:38 PM.
Suguru101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:16 PM   #8583
ZeN
NüHumans Rise...
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Attîlan
Posts: 26,345
Default Re: A Game of Thrones Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suguru101
I meant it story-wise. If it were true, from a story pov it's be complex for the sake of being complex.

There is no reason for Jon to have a sister. This series has enough going on as it is (he really should have cut down on the non-main characters and stories a bit).
Well we wouldn't know if its important or if there is a reason to have that happen since we don't specifically know how it ends. Also, having a large cast and wide scope is sort of the point of ASOIAF. I do get your point tho, in the books its accessible but on TV it's much more difficult to pull off. However large casts and storyline is the nature of fantasy epics. So you cant really tame those aspects of the beast..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:53 AM   #8584
longhornfan1234
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,195
Default Re: A Game of Thrones Discussion

Geez stop..



Meera Reed was sixteen, a woman grown, but she stood no higher than her brother. All the crannogmen were small, she told Bran once when he asked why she wasn’t taller. Brown-haired, green-eyed, and flat as a boy, she walked with a supple grace that Bran could only watch and envy. Meera wore a long sharp dagger, but her favorite way to fight was with a slender three-pronged frog spear in one hand and a woven net in the other.
Storm of Swords Chapter 9 - Bran 2


She's not Jon's sister. She has green eyes and described as crannogmen. Rhaegar has purple eyes and Lyanna and Jon have brown eyes.
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:40 AM   #8585
ZeN
NüHumans Rise...
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Attîlan
Posts: 26,345
Default Re: A Game of Thrones Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
Geez stop..



Meera Reed was sixteen, a woman grown, but she stood no higher than her brother. All the crannogmen were small, she told Bran once when he asked why she wasn’t taller. Brown-haired, green-eyed, and flat as a boy, she walked with a supple grace that Bran could only watch and envy. Meera wore a long sharp dagger, but her favorite way to fight was with a slender three-pronged frog spear in one hand and a woven net in the other.
Storm of Swords Chapter 9 - Bran 2


She's not Jon's sister. She has green eyes and described as crannogmen. Rhaegar has purple eyes and Lyanna and Jon have brown eyes.
Green eyes often skips a generation..


Trollololol
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:41 AM   #8586
longhornfan1234
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,195
Default Re: A Game of Thrones Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Green eyes often skips a generation..


Trollololol


You guys are reaching. Martin needs to hurry up and finish the books.
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:57 AM   #8587
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Thorpesaurous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,138
Default Re: A Game of Thrones Discussion

It's weird that this is getting such huge notice right now, because this has been out there for at least a couple years that I can recall. It's got some merit, but I do agree that the Meera has been played up as too Cranog, and on top of that, it feels like it would play cheap if it were to come true. So little has been done lay that underlying possibility. One of the things he's good at is presenting this information in a vague way that may be true, but may not, but it's there. Pulling this would feel like cheap way to trick the reader, by just not giving them enough information.

However to be fair, there seems to be a lot of possible cheap magic bullet solutions that people have tied hope to Howland Reed and Cranogmen for.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 01:05 PM   #8588
Crimsonrain777
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
Crimsonrain777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Miami
Posts: 793
Default Re: A Game of Thrones Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
It's weird that this is getting such huge notice right now, because this has been out there for at least a couple years that I can recall. It's got some merit, but I do agree that the Meera has been played up as too Cranog, and on top of that, it feels like it would play cheap if it were to come true. So little has been done lay that underlying possibility. One of the things he's good at is presenting this information in a vague way that may be true, but may not, but it's there. Pulling this would feel like cheap way to trick the reader, by just not giving them enough information.

However to be fair, there seems to be a lot of possible cheap magic bullet solutions that people have tied hope to Howland Reed and Cranogmen for.

People have already pondered over just about every other hypothetical in the series so they must ponder over this as well
Crimsonrain777 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy