Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-07-2008, 10:30 AM   #1
I'm Sorry, Guys!
Crazed yet creative LeBron-promoting troll. Please twist my ridiculous statements into good conversation

Default What will this horrendous season for the Miami Heat do for Wade's legacy?

Let me start by saying I love Wade's game. He's fierce. Plays with passion. Clutch.

But...

He's on his way to leading his team to a top-3 lottery pick. This cannot go unnoticed when you have people touting him as a top-3 player.

Now am I saying he's a 'bad' player if the Heat win less than 25 games? No. But maybe he isn't as good as others lead him on to be. Not trying to be harsh, but I can't think of too many superstars that have been in their prime and had such poor seasons.

Regardless of your opinion about the Heats bad start, I don't think this can denied any longer...

THE SHAQ EFFECT IS VERY REAL!!!!!

Sorry, Wade fans. Two years ago when people were telling you Shaq was the #1 reason to your (and Wade's) success, you seemed to listen with deaf ears. I remebered threads that went into 10 and 11 pages trying to debate the effect Shaq was having on Wade's game. I mean, you even had posters who thought Wade was better than LeBron cause of this effect.

Now the time is to pay-up. Admit you were wrong about undermining the impact of Shaq and let's call it a day. This issue on ISH cannot remain unresolved any longer.
I'm Sorry, Guys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Default Re: What will this horrendous season for the Miami Heat do for Wade's legacy?

Wade still has a lot of seasons left... It wont hurt it.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:33 AM   #3
I'm Sorry, Guys!
Crazed yet creative LeBron-promoting troll. Please twist my ridiculous statements into good conversation

Default Re: What will this horrendous season for the Miami Heat do for Wade's legacy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
Wade still has a lot of seasons left... It wont hurt it.
You sure? How many superstars in their prime have had worse seasons than what the Heat are on pace to do?
Old 01-07-2008, 10:43 AM   #4
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Shaq effect = Dwyane Wade injuries? If so, you're right.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #5
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

First of all, he's not necessarily in his prime.

Second of all, he's missed quite a few games this year himself due to injury and when he did come back he had to play himself back into game shape (a process that can take several games), his number two guy Shaq is a shell of a shell of his former self and his team is put together horribly. They lost a lot in Zo, Posey, Kapono, Jones, etc.

If you want to start listing explanations for why the Cavs are suffering this year, apart from blaming Bron (which I don't, I like Bron and think he's playing like the clear cut best player in the game) then you can't ignore reasons for other players.

Wade, when healthy, has played like a top 3-4 player and last year before he went down he was playing arguably the best ball in the league. Only someone with a grudge against him, an agenda or a flat out moron would blame the Heat's entire season on him.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #6
steve

You can't win with Ricky Davis as a starter.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #7
I'm Sorry, Guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
Shaq effect = Dwyane Wade injuries? If so, you're right.
Is he injured now?
Old 01-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #8
icewill36
Local High School Star

there 7 teams in the west on pace to win 50 games right now... wades on an eastern conference team and cant get them any higher than last place ? SMH
icewill36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #9
kgisbigticket
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Sorry, Guys!
Let me start by saying I love Wade's game. He's fierce. Plays with passion. Clutch.

But...

He's on his way to leading his team to a top-3 lottery pick. This cannot go unnoticed when you have people touting him as a top-3 player.

Now am I saying he's a 'bad' player if the Heat win less than 25 games? No. But maybe he isn't as good as others lead him on to be. Not trying to be harsh, but I can't think of too many superstars that have been in their prime and had such poor seasons.

Regardless of your opinion about the Heats bad start, I don't think this can denied any longer...

THE SHAQ EFFECT IS VERY REAL!!!!!

Sorry, Wade fans. Two years ago when people were telling you Shaq was the #1 reason to your (and Wade's) success, you seemed to listen with deaf ears. I remebered threads that went into 10 and 11 pages trying to debate the effect Shaq was having on Wade's game. I mean, you even had posters who thought Wade was better than LeBron cause of this effect.

Now the time is to pay-up. Admit you were wrong about undermining the impact of Shaq and let's call it a day. This issue on ISH cannot remain unresolved any longer.

I don't think it will do anything to him. All Great Players miss the playoffs at least once in their career in their prime. Kareem missed it in 1976, Wilt did so in the 60's. MJ missed when he was 39 and 40, but it wasnt in his prime. Shaq missed his rookie year. Hakeem missed the playoffs a few times and KG as well. Duncan nor Magic never missed but they always played on stacked teams.
kgisbigticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #10
PK3434
Good Golly!

In the grand scheme of things, it won't hurt his legacy because he has so many years left...but it will hurt how people look at him this year and next. Yes, Wade has been battling injuries, but too much of that can make people look at him as an "injury prone" guy, which is not a good label to have in the NBA either.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:12 PM   #11
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

I don't think you know what the "Shaq Effect" supposedly is. (Though I disagree with it). It's not that Shaq makes them win, it's that Shaq gives Wade his stats. Now this season you can clearly see that's not true.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #12
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Next to nothing.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #13
poeticism707
Local High School Star

Whistle is overrated, and it shows.

If you can't win half your games with the many bogus fta he is routinely awarded, what does it take?
poeticism707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #14
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Ricky Davis is the Heat's best player.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:46 PM   #15
kgisbigticket
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeticism707
Whistle is overrated, and it shows.

If you can't win half your games with the many bogus fta he is routinely awarded, what does it take?

When you get a finals mvp you are not overrated.
kgisbigticket is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: