Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Default Re: How far is this team going this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    62-20

3rd place East, 5th place NBA.

ECF, lose in 5.
    Bro who is winning more than 60 games in the east?? I doubt Cleveland will unless they manage to swindle Love. And no other team is stacked like Chicago. Indy lost its second best offensive option, Miami lost James, Cleveland will need time to adjust, Washington could be scary if Pierce meshes well but I don't see anyone else being able to get close to that win total.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    You just don't need reserves in the playoffs but also for the very long marathon of 82 gruelling games. The Spurs were lucky to have a strong bench esp when they had to rest their key players in the reg season bec they were able to still win and get the BEST RECORD. Home court advantage is huge esp on game 7's. Ask the Spurs, OKC, Clips etc. They all needed that just the last playoffs. Or the Lakers in 1999 vs Portland and 2008 vs Boston etc etc.
    The Bulls have a very nice bench. Better than most teams, that's for sure.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    Bro who is winning more than 60 games in the east?? I doubt Cleveland will unless they manage to swindle Love. And no other team is stacked like Chicago. Indy lost its second best offensive option, Miami lost James, Cleveland will need time to adjust, Washington could be scary if Pierce meshes well but I don't see anyone else being able to get close to that win total.
    Make your prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Right now they do, but you seem to imply that Taj and Dunleavy are" trade pieces". In a way yes but only to upgrade and get better player/s, but not simply to just get picks and/or young raw players.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    Make your prediction.
    I for one is not a fan of predicting or prognosticating. Instead I'm interested about your take about the current state of the Bulls. You seemed to have inside info about this team, how they never employed any shooting coach etc etc. Has Thibs hired one? Did he assigned somebody to be the "offensive coordinator" for this team? Do they have anybody assigned to personally oversee and tutor young guys the intricacies of defense like hedging, switching, proper base/stance etc. If no to the latter, Im worried that guys like McDermott and Mirotic will be sent to the dog house and be useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    Agreed. As a floor, 55 or so wins and the ECF. This team, though, should win the top seed and win the East. The Finals would be tough, and this team likely would be an underdog to the Spurs/Thunder/Clippers, but they would have a legitimate chance and not get steamrolled like the 2014 Heat. The East being stronger may help sharpen the team since there presumably will be legitimate competition in the ECF and ECSF rounds as opposed to cruising to the ECF like the Heat did in 11', 13' and 14'.

The Bulls have a ton of depth. Should CHI consider a trade to exchange some depth for a second shot creator?

Should we explore a guy like waiters?

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed

As evidenced in the finals last year, a good bench can make the difference.

Mills and you could argue diaw as a bench player were key to destroying the heat.

College superstar

I know from experience that most fans on here get super excited, rightfully so, for the upcoming season.

But does anyone else still see the lack of a second creator as a big issue? Brooks is a nice step in the right direction. But if we are relying on him, man we're in trouble.

I want a wing that can create his own shot. I've posted before on my preferred targets, Derozan (too expensive) and JR Smith (headcase) among them... but what about a cheaper option like Draymond Green? Guy is a worse version of Lance Stephenson, but without the supposed attitude issues.

Dunleavy for
    Green, Armstrong and a tiny salary to make them match.

Don't need anyone but Green, so we can waive Armstrong and the other guy. I like Dunleavy's shooting, but with Mirotic, McDermott, Hinrich, and Snell, I'm not sure we need it anymore. Plus Green can shoot alright. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    I know from experience that most fans on here get super excited, rightfully so, for the upcoming season.

But does anyone else still see the lack of a second creator as a big issue? Brooks is a nice step in the right direction. But if we are relying on him, man we're in trouble.

I want a wing that can create his own shot. I've posted before on my preferred targets, Derozan (too expensive) and JR Smith (headcase) among them... but what about a cheaper option like Draymond Green? Guy is a worse version of Lance Stephenson, but without the supposed attitude issues.

Dunleavy for
    Green, Armstrong and a tiny salary to make them match.

Don't need anyone but Green, so we can waive Armstrong and the other guy. I like Dunleavy's shooting, but with Mirotic, McDermott, Hinrich, and Snell, I'm not sure we need it anymore. Plus Green can shoot alright. Thoughts?
    If you are lacking guys who can create their own shot, then you better have an elite passing team.

I think with having two elite passing big men and a throng of shooters, we can overcome this small weakness. Have a look at the spurs, they have one guy in the starting lineup like a rose to penetrate, shooters on the court to convert on the kickouts and a scoring big man. Our team and the spurs are almost identical in structure..

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    If you are lacking guys who can create their own shot, then you better have an elite passing team.

I think with having two elite passing big men and a throng of shooters, we can overcome this small weakness. Have a look at the spurs, they have one guy in the starting lineup like a rose to penetrate, shooters on the court to convert on the kickouts and a scoring big man. Our team and the spurs are almost identical in structure..
    Only we don't have a Patty Mills of a Manu Ginobili off the bench.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

A Manu, no.

Patty Mills? Remember he was cast off up until last season. Hell, Cory Joseph was the one getting the backup PG time in the WCF.

I think Aaron Brooks can fill that type of role. He's a streaky guy. Once he gets hot, he is hard to stop. And he has the playoff experience from playing with Houston and those battles against the Lakers where he shined.

Of course, we did have Nate Rob who was a supped up version of Mills but we couldn't afford to keep him. He'd be perfect for this current group of players.

No, but we have mirotic, brooks and Doug who can score in their own right. Brooks has the ability to break guys off the dribble and score in bunches much like Nate. Doug can find his shot to score using post up or running into space off screens,, doesn't have to be breaking a guy off the dribble to do it.

I don't know how much thibs will use bairstow, but I really think he should consider using him. He's got some offensive firepower we could do with off the bench.

Bairstow also has an automatic 18-20 footer. Excellent for a kick out from rose and promotes spacing on the floor.
    Last edited by poido123; 07-24-2014 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    A Manu, no.

Patty Mills? Remember he was cast off up until last season. Hell, Cory Joseph was the one getting the backup PG time in the WCF.

I think Aaron Brooks can fill that type of role. He's a streaky guy. Once he gets hot, he is hard to stop. And he has the playoff experience from playing with Houston and those battles against the Lakers where he shined.

Of course, we did have Nate Rob who was a supped up version of Mills but we couldn't afford to keep him. He'd be perfect for this current group of players.

I'm curious to your thoughts of how this new version of the bulls will go?

I strongly believe we are far more dynamic and flexible than teams we've had before and we were the next best team behind Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    No, but we have mirotic, brooks and Doug who can score in their own right. Brooks has the ability to break guys off the dribble and score in bunches much like Nate. Doug can find his shot to score using post up or running into space off screens,, doesn't have to be breaking a guy off the dribble to do it.

I don't know how much thibs will use bairstow, but I really think he should consider using him. He's got some offensive firepower we could do with off the bench.

Bairstow also has an automatic 18-20 footer. Excellent for a kick out from rose and promotes spacing on the floor.
    Like I said from my other posts. These offensive minded players won't matter if Thibs refuse to play them.
    Bulls last year sucked so bad offensively that Mike Dunleavy was the best offensive threat and yet Thibs chose to bench him in the crucial times of games 1 and 2 vs the Wizards.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Like I said from my other posts. These offensive minded players won't matter if Thibs refuse to play them.
    Bulls last year sucked so bad offensively that Mike Dunleavy was the best offensive threat and yet Thibs chose to bench him in the crucial times of games 1 and 2 vs the Wizards.

Yikes! I remember that now...

Perhaps I got caught up too much in who we added, that I overlooked the fact that thibs could hold back the potential of our offense...

I hope not. I hope thibs had a really good reason for yanking dunleavy such as being sick or gassed...