Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default the guy was so hard he wore shades during the game

I pack heat so don't falk with me

Rick Mahorn
    Bill Laimbeer
    Danny Fortson
    Kermit Washington (wasn't that the guy that smashed Rudy's face?)
    Matt Geiger

Learning to shoot layups

I vote Fortson. He broke a guys wrist going for a block fer chrissakes! That's pure thug.

aint no thugs in the NBA... just a sheltered suburb kid's fantasy..

stop the nonsense

Learning to shoot layups

ron artest for climbing all the way up and throwing punches at fans, did you guys see the tape of that? during the chaos there was a moment when a random fan walked into him and showed a "what r u gonna do" attitude, with no hesitation artest knocked him down like it was the most natural thing on earth to do. I cannot stop laughing everytime I see that part.
    you gotta give some credit to that!

Fan was brave to step up like that...brave or really dumb.. there is also a female who immediately gets outta his way when he charges up the steps...I'd be like her...I wouldnt be in his way if he came charging into the stands...

Learning to shoot layups

i even saw the new on "economist", thats right, "economist", the magzine normally writes about economics and finance. if ron artest is not the most notorious, he is definitely the most influential.

Learning to shoot layups

i even saw the new on "economist", thats right, "economist", the magzine normally writes about economics and finance. if ron artest is not the most notorious, he is definitely the most influential.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
    Rick Mahorn
    Bill Laimbeer
    Danny Fortson
    Kermit Washington (wasn't that the guy that smashed Rudy's face?)
    Matt Geiger

I was just going to say that. I read an nterview with him on SLAM. This guy was a goon, Donald Brashear style. His life was questionable outside of ball as well. But I think that shot to Rudy T's face made him a changed man.

NEVER forget da SONICS RainierBeachPoet's Avatar

Default intent

my original intent was to limit it to on court behavior

thug=a person whose primary role is to be physical and do "enforcement" duties for his team

to me, a thug is different from a dirty player (eg laimbeer); or an out of control action (artest in the stands); of any off court behavior (iverson); or any one time punch (k. washington)

i am a lifetime sonic fan-- danny fortson's main role was to enforce and play physical

but if i am to give a vote for a current player-- potapenko comes to mind

other all timers are maurice lucas, clifford ray, and wes unseld

oakley is a good pick too

Learning to shoot layups

there r a few video clips made by someone called yinka dare contain almost every major fight in the nba for the past 20 years. go download those and check out the action, it is entertainment in its ultimate form. you will see some rare stuff like jordan slapping miller, dr J jabbing bird, instant classics like raged camby accidently landed a punch on his then coach van gandy; funny ones like shawn bradly got lifted by some guard and barkey jumping up to knock down a game mascot.

Learning to shoot layups Heelcrazy2's Avatar

Default Bad Rap

Quote Originally Posted by Young HkM
    (wikipedia)

^^that stuff

Outside the NBA that stuff wouldn't be considered too bad, so i guess he's not a thug, but as far as the NBA goes, he is.

I think that AI has done some bad stuff in his life, but things that he does get blown way out of proportion.

When he was 17 and there was the fight in the bowling alley the only reason that he got in trouble was that he was a high profile black athelete.

There was a reason that the governor later pardoned him. Look it up.

I usually hit open layups bruinballer's Avatar

if you're talkin on court and not in their personal lives, then i gotta go with bill lambeer as the biggest thug on the court... far more than, say... the lakers' older enforcer, Kurt "Rambo" Rambis... LOL

Learning to shoot layups

I think te biggest thug in the NBA today is Reggie Evans. Any man who grabs another man's TESTICLES during a game is a thug and a pervert!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFcin...reggie%20evans

NEVER forget da SONICS RainierBeachPoet's Avatar

Default bad boys

although i think that mahorn was a thug, laimbeer's role was to irritate and take people out of their games in other ways

although a rough player, once the opponant was riled up, laimbeer stepped back and was a dramatic innocent. he had this down to a science and knew exactly what he was doing

i am a big reggie evans fan, let me ponder his "thugness" a littl more