Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Da Mavs

Default Re: Clippers Waive Mark Madsen

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk
    Delusional because every other Top 5 team in the NBA improved but the Lakers, they just got Ron Artest instead of Ariza. Artest is a headcase and will cost the Lakers plenty. The Lakers haven't gotten any role players at all.
    Costing the Lakers is only speculation. Artest is a major talent upgrade on Ariza and that's all that matters.

Shaq has been a team chemistry killer, Sheed isn't exactly a positive guy. Teams take risks based on talent.

Artest like worships Kobe and is buddies with Odom, he knows he sacrificed a lot to be on the team. He's been waiting a long time for an oppurtunity like this and to play for LA.

The other teams may have improved but LA still has arguably the most talented team.

The bench is more than fine. Sasha, Farmar, Brown, Odom, Walton, etc is a good cast. LA can put Artest with the bench to keep the offense up when Kobe/Gasol can rest. Another thing is we have Morrison's 6 mill expirer, can be valuable this season if we see a hole to fill.

Not saying LA is the best team on paper or the other teams didn't improve, but I feel LA improved a lot on paper.

and yes, get Madsen back!

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    A poor, poor play on "Who's on first?"

For shame...for shame...
    You didn't think of it. I always laugh when someone makes a pun and everyone groans. "Hey, you didn't think of it, M-therf-cker....."

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Delusional because every other Top 5 team in the NBA improved but the Lakers, they just got Ron Artest instead of Ariza. Artest is a headcase and will cost the Lakers plenty. The Lakers haven't gotten any role players at all.
    This is really your analysis of league strength going into next season? Nice job... lol

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    This is really your analysis of league strength going into next season? Nice job... lol

Thanks.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Mark Madsen made a lot of money for the level of skill he had. He's a lucky man.

Madsen can come to the Hawks. We need another big to bolster the bench. He's a good passer and he's smart, so that would help out the reserve unit a lot.

I rule the local playground

No, Laker fans are delusional and think that their roster is perfect already and is going to win it all this year as well.
    No, we absolutely need Mark Madsen, if only for the championship parade.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach
    Mark Madsen made a lot of money for the level of skill he had. He's a lucky man.
    I agree. Its still somewhat amazing we're still talking about this guy in 2009. Thats real hard work, dedication, and luck to have lasted so long and won 3 NBA Championships in the process.

He was never a good NBA player, nor a good role player, he was a big uncoordianated white guy to bring off the bench because although he wasnt good on either end of the court he never gave up on his objective.

I wouldnt be surprised to see him eventually become a politician, or political analyst. Hes very outspoken politically.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    I agree. Its still somewhat amazing we're still talking about this guy in 2009. Thats real hard work, dedication, and luck to have lasted so long and won 3 NBA Championships in the process.

He was never a good NBA player, nor a good role player, he was a big uncoordianated white guy to bring off the bench because although he wasnt good on either end of the court he never gave up on his objective.

I wouldnt be surprised to see him eventually become a politician, or political analyst. Hes very outspoken politically.
    You're on fire right now. This is the 2nd post of yours I've seen and strongly agreed with in the past 10 minutes.

Seeing Madsen at Stanford was painful. I remember an NCAA tournament game against URI where I was just shaking my head the entire time trying to figure out how the hell this guy was getting any NBA chatter. At the end of the game, there it was... 14 and 10, though it was some of the most painful to watch production I've seen. 100% motor and determination. 0% talent.

He's right up there with Chris Dudley.

Delusional because every other Top 5 team in the NBA improved but the Lakers, they just got Ron Artest instead of Ariza. Artest is a headcase and will cost the Lakers plenty.

Keep crossing your wittle fingers for that dream, and maybe a fairy will make it come true for you.

Local High School Star franchise#3's Avatar

Clippers are retarded for doing this Madsen is a true locker room guy and the Clips desperately needed someone like that.

Value Ape.

Bucking Fitches! You cant waive the mad dog! I will say this. If he will play cheep, he will land a gig with a team that has a solid starting frontcourt.

Good college starter

hope he becomes a part of the wolves FO in some way, kinda like hoiberg. One of the classiest guys in the nba

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach