Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Coach K on the Wiggins-for-Love "Would do it without a moment of hesitance."

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Pek is a tough case. He's good, but he's weak defensively...so you'd have to pair him next to an elite defensive forward/big for it to work.

Honestly, very hard to find that pairing...and that is what it would take for a team to take on Pek. A title contending type team looking to add a scoring center that wouldn't hurt you too much defensively because you have an elite forward defender.

First team that comes to my mind is the Thunder. Ibaka and Pek would be silly good.
    Thunder would be a fantastic match.

I'm hoping our coaching will try out a Dieng and Pek big man line-up. Gotta be big in the west.

Default Re: Coach K on the Wiggins-for-Love "Would do it without a moment of hesitance."

I'm all for Wiggins-Lavine. The new McGrady and Carter.

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire

Irving > Wade
    At what? Basketweaving?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Thunder would be a fantastic match.

I'm hoping our coaching will try out a Dieng and Pek big man line-up. Gotta be big in the west.
    It's too bad the Thunder won't pay a lot of tax or something.

Because they could trade for Pek with Perkins and some young assets...and then they could go over the cap when signing Reggie back.

What a sick team;

WB/Reggie
    Lamb/Morrow
    Durant
    Ibaka
    Pek/Adams

Honestly, that is the kind of move I think the Thunder should try. I'm not sure Pek is the answer, but a low post scorer actually might be.

NBA Superstar

Are the T'Wolves shopping Pekovic or something?

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    I'm sure they are. No bites. No serious shopping though.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Oh...no

We were just spitballing about where Pek could possibly be moved where it might make sense.

I thought the Thunder was a team where it would because of the elite defense of Ibaka...and with Adams there as well.

We were trying to come up with teams that might be willing to take him on...and my stance was that it would have to be a team with an elite defensive force at pf...and a team looking to win titles.

No team that isn't a top contender is going to take on Pek and give something up for him.

NBA Superstar

Yeah but Coach K is speaking purely from a coaching standpoint.

He's not thinking about the fact that LeBron could opt out after 1 year, about the fact that Wiggins provides a big cap value if he can be an all star in 2 years because he'll still be on a rookie contract. Among many other things.

Coach K is smarter than the Cavs front office? Color me suprised

Banned

Here's the thing.

If Lebron wants Kevin Love he's going to get Kevin Love. They're not going to over-rule him and the first guy on his wishlist. If he's cool with trading Wiggins for Love, it'll get done.

Kevin Love is what Pau Gasol was in Memphis before he got to the Lakers

Cavs do this trade.

and if ur worried about lebron leaving after a year or whatever, then thats the risk. Do you keep wiggins in hoping he turns into GOAT talent or nab Love when you have the chance and an opportunity to bring your city a championship

Yeah but Coach K is speaking purely from a coaching standpoint.

He's not thinking about the fact that LeBron could opt out after 1 year, about the fact that Wiggins provides a big cap value if he can be an all star in 2 years because he'll still be on a rookie contract. Among many other things.
    If Lebron is going to opt out if he cant win with Love in year 1, why on Earth wouldnt he opt out because Wiggins is guaranteed to not help him win this year?

Wiggins isnt going to be better then Love this year or next year. If Lebron is going to leave because he cant win, it makes no sense to keep the player that gives him the least chance of winning next year.

Banned

I don't understand this logic.

Wiggins can only HOPE to be a top 10 player in the league. Seriously, it's ****ing hard doing that in the NBA. He is so raw...

Love is a top 10 player league right now.

Cavs will take the top 10 player who is developed right now to put alongside the greatest player in his prime.
    It's because it's all speculative. Literally anything can happen. Unlikely i agree, but there's always that chance.

I rule the local playground

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...-love?v=1&vc=1

Cavs are jerking around the league as if LeBron was being honest in his Sports Illustrated article.

A team with LeBron will never be in the 'rebuilding' process while he is in his prime. He does not have a year to sit around and get bounced again in the playoffs or Finals.

The Cavs need Love, NOW.

Love is being criminally underrated by the league and casual fans. He is a scary offensive beast and anything he puts up around the basket goes in and he is a threat from deep as well. He rebounds like none other, a vacuum in the low post.

Kyrie-Love-LeBron means a championship RIGHT NOW.

LeBron isn't interested in letting a rookie like Wiggins demand so many minutes for the sake of his development. This is a championship team in the making and they just need the star players right now.

I keep hearing dumbasses saying "The cavs can wait and Love will walk for nothing"

2 things :
    1. I can't see that happening. Love will likely be gone by the deadline. He has other suitors with better offers than what the Cavs can muster up (late first round picks, garbage like Bennet)

2. Let's say we keep Love for a season. That sounds like 1 more season of one of the greatest players in the league on my team. I will gladly take that so I can go and watch my Wolves at the Target Center. It's not like he's gonna slouch this season either, his contract will be up and he will need to earn his next max deal.

tl;dr - Cavs are playing hardball when there is no reason for them to. They lose Wiggins but they are better for it.

What I want from the Cavs for losing our once in a lifetime player :

-Wiggins, Watiers, a First.

We give up : Love
    If you want Wiggins and Waiters you can go ahead and keep Love.

NBA Superstar

Love being a top 10 player is debatable as hell.

Mainly because we've never seen him in a winning situation to know what type of value he has to a contending team as opposed to a garbage one.

Serge Ibaka per 36 averages 17/10 on 54% shooting, and also provides the ability to space the floor and hit a corner 3 if needed. Oh, and he plays DPOY level defense.

What Serge does is valuable as hell to a championship team as a 3rd option. I'm not so sure that Kevin Love would be better in the same situation because he's a really poor defender and not as efficient as someone like Ibaka.