Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Coach K on the Wiggins-for-Love "Would do it without a moment of hesitance."

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...-love?v=1&vc=1

Cavs are jerking around the league as if LeBron was being honest in his Sports Illustrated article.

A team with LeBron will never be in the 'rebuilding' process while he is in his prime. He does not have a year to sit around and get bounced again in the playoffs or Finals.

The Cavs need Love, NOW.

Love is being criminally underrated by the league and casual fans. He is a scary offensive beast and anything he puts up around the basket goes in and he is a threat from deep as well. He rebounds like none other, a vacuum in the low post.

Kyrie-Love-LeBron means a championship RIGHT NOW.

LeBron isn't interested in letting a rookie like Wiggins demand so many minutes for the sake of his development. This is a championship team in the making and they just need the star players right now.

I keep hearing dumbasses saying "The cavs can wait and Love will walk for nothing"

2 things :
    1. I can't see that happening. Love will likely be gone by the deadline. He has other suitors with better offers than what the Cavs can muster up (late first round picks, garbage like Bennet)

2. Let's say we keep Love for a season. That sounds like 1 more season of one of the greatest players in the league on my team. I will gladly take that so I can go and watch my Wolves at the Target Center. It's not like he's gonna slouch this season either, his contract will be up and he will need to earn his next max deal.

tl;dr - Cavs are playing hardball when there is no reason for them to. They lose Wiggins but they are better for it.

What I want from the Cavs for losing our once in a lifetime player :

-Wiggins, Watiers, a First.

We give up : Love

Default Re: Coach K on the Wiggins-for-Love "Would do it without a moment of hesitance."

I would take the Wiggins, Waiters, and 2 draft picks in a heartbeat for Kevin.

<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

Default Re: Coach K on the Wiggins-for-Love "Would do it without a moment of hesitance."

Love is all the sudden a "once in a lifetime player".

Uhgggggggggggggg........

Bran / Wade / Bosh > Bran / Irving / Love

and it's not even close

The Cavs want Dieng too. I think Dieng is holding up talks.

If they get Dieng they get a great up and coming Center.

Wolves would do well to make them squirm for Love and keep Dieng on our team. We gotta deal Pek to somebody soon.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    The Cavs want Dieng too. I think Dieng is holding up talks.

If they get Dieng they get a great up and coming Center.

Wolves would do well to make them squirm for Love and keep Dieng on our team. We gotta deal Pek to somebody soon.
    I like Pek, but who is taking him?

Banned

There is a possibility that Wiggins can be greater than Love and maybe even become the next face of the NBA.

But OP is right. with the timing and Lebron's age, they don't have time to wait for Wiggins to develop. They need to trade now. Lebron's the best player in the NBA and they only have so long to take full advantage of that.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Kevin Love is one of the most overrated players in the history of the NBA.

You don't pass up Wiggins' potential for that unless you're certain that LeBron + Love = title right this season. Me? Hell no I'm not convinced that adding Love to this squad makes them the favorites... in fact, regardless of Love, if the Bulls are healthy, they're the favorites in the East now.

If Cleveland starts winning titles it'll start in 3-4 years once Wiggins begins to shape up and come into his own right before LeBron starts to really, really decline.

Quote Originally Posted by The Choken One
    Love is all the sudden a "once in a lifetime player".

Uhgggggggggggggg........
    I have watched the majority of Love's games as a Wolf. I love my team. It's a shame he has to go but I'm being completely honest. He is unreal to watch and his skillset is so ****ing refined it pisses me off that he is so undervalued in this league.

The good thing is that franchises hire people to know that Kevin Love is a once in a lifetime player and that he will soon be dealt for that value.

It's the casual fans like yourself that piss me off with that nonsense of disagreeing.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I like Pek, but who is taking him?
    Not sure. The Wolves decided to overpay Pek right when every other team began overpaying theirs as well (Hibbert, Asik, many many others) so it seems like there's this massive clot of teams that are in their own center issues. We need to wait for a team to really need a center and one that can afford his contract... For that to happen he has to stay healthy and play well for an entire season.. but at that point it'd make it hard for the Wolves to part with him. When he's healthy he is the strongest bruiser down low. Very beatiful touch in his offense to. Lead the league in offensive-boards too a season ago if i'm not mistaken... It can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    Bran / Wade / Bosh > Bran / Irving / Love

and it's not even close
    Wade is a joke, honestly.

I really respect Bosh's game but Love is much much better than Bosh.

LeBron will probably be better this year.

Irving > Wade
    Love > Bosh
    New Bron > Last Season Bron

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

I have watched the majority of Love's games as a Wolf. I love my team. It's a shame he has to go but I'm being completely honest. He is unreal to watch and his skillset is so ****ing refined it pisses me off that he is so undervalued in this league.

The good thing is that franchises hire people to know that Kevin Love is a once in a lifetime player and that he will soon be dealt for that value.

It's the casual fans like yourself that piss me off with that nonsense of disagreeing.

Once in a lifetime?

Once in a lifetime player = LeBron James, Shaquille O'Neal, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson/Larry Bird, KAJ, Russell/Chamberlain.

lol @ Kevin Love being a once in a lifetime player. Holy shit. You're right. Once in a lifetime does someone get overrated this much.

Quote Originally Posted by played0ut
    There is a possibility that Wiggins can be greater than Love and maybe even become the next face of the NBA.
    I don't understand this logic.

Wiggins can only HOPE to be a top 10 player in the league. Seriously, it's ****ing hard doing that in the NBA. He is so raw...

Love is a top 10 player league right now.

Cavs will take the top 10 player who is developed right now to put alongside the greatest player in his prime.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Not sure. The Wolves decided to overpay Pek right when every other team began overpaying theirs as well (Hibbert, Asik, many many others) so it seems like there's this massive clot of teams that are in their own center issues. We need to wait for a team to really need a center and one that can afford his contract... For that to happen he has to stay healthy and play well for an entire season.. but at that point it'd make it hard for the Wolves to part with him. When he's healthy he is the strongest bruiser down low. Very beatiful touch in his offense to. Lead the league in offensive-boards too a season ago if i'm not mistaken... It can happen.
    Pek is a tough case. He's good, but he's weak defensively...so you'd have to pair him next to an elite defensive forward/big for it to work.

Honestly, very hard to find that pairing...and that is what it would take for a team to take on Pek. A title contending type team looking to add a scoring center that wouldn't hurt you too much defensively because you have an elite forward defender.

First team that comes to my mind is the Thunder. Ibaka and Pek would be silly good.

But I just don't see many teams giving up anything real to get him...it would have to be just the Wolves looking to get out of the contract. Maybe an expiring contract, young player, and a pick?

So for the Thunder...Perkins, McGary, and a first rounder...honestly I'm not even sure Presti would do that. And then the Thunder have to worry about Pek eating up so much space and not being able to retain Reggie Jackson.

Pek seems like a tough guy to move.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 07-21-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    Once in a lifetime?

Once in a lifetime player = LeBron James, Shaquille O'Neal, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson/Larry Bird, KAJ, Russell/Chamberlain.

lol @ Kevin Love being a once in a lifetime player. Holy shit. You're right. Once in a lifetime does someone get overrated this much.
    Kevin Love is 25 years old. He is just entering his prime and he will put up 30 and 20 every few nights.

He is on his way to being once in a lifetime, excuse me for saying he already is.

Love is a top 5 in the league to me.