Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    shhhhhhh

Default Re: The overrating of Pau Gasol must stop

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    But Pau is the best pauer forward?
    lol

I rule the local playground

Saying he's the best player on the Lakers isn't the same as saying he's the best frontline player in the game.

Saying he's in the running for early season MVP also isn't the same as saying he's the best frontline player in the game.

Lakers have two elite talents, another who is playing right now (for the moment, at least) as though he isn't all that far behind (Odom), another who is an elite level defender (Artest), and five or six more who are really, really well coordinated role players.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
    Dude is playing great , no doubt about that but when people are saying he is the best big in league is just And some are even saying he is the BEST PLAYER ON THE LAKERS.

Dirk has always and still is a better player than Gasol. Howard>Gasol too. Put Gasol on the Mavs and I guaranteeing you that they wont win 50 ++ games like the Mavs have done for a long time
    The '06 version of Gasol obviously would not have been good enough to lead the '06 Mavs past the Spurs and into the finals, but Gasol was on 50 and 49 win Grizzlies teams that had slightly worse talent that those Mavs did. If you place the present version of Gasol on the '06-'10 Mavs I could easily see 2-3 50+ win seasons.

Banned

Howard better than Gasol

Howard is horrible offensively

Dirk is good but not better than Gasol, #2. & I may be wrong but isnt Gasol a better defensive player, passer & rebounder than Dirk/

So to put in simple terms
    Gasol is a better offensive player than Howard, in every way possible
    Gasol is a better defender,playmaker,and rebounder than Dirk

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Quote Originally Posted by opps
    Howard better than Gasol

Howard is horrible offensively

Dirk is good but not better than Gasol, #2. & I may be wrong but isnt Gasol a better defensive player, passer & rebounder than Dirk/

So to put in simple terms
    Gasol is a better offensive player than Howard, in every way possible
    Gasol is a better defender,playmaker,and rebounder than Dirk
    Dwight Howards defensive impact on a game >>>>>> Pau Gasol's defensive and offensive impact on a game

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
    Dwight Howards defensive impact on a game >>>>>> Pau Gasol's defensive and offensive impact on a game
    No especially when he is playing with Bynum. Look at the 09 finals... if I remember correctly it was Howard who was struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
    is that why Howard's offensive no show got them owned in the 09 finals?

what gasol did in the last nba 2 finals make me believe that if he plays well lakers win... kobe 6-24 who?

It's all Turkododo do! BallPhunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Svendiggity
    I think Pau is hands down the best big man in the game. Dwight Howard can only score from a couple feet away, can't make teams pay at the foul line, can't pass that well, and turns the ball over quite a bit. Pau has no glaring flaws in his game anymore.
    It's a tough call.

- Pau is a beast, but does benefit from the system and playing with Kobe (that said, it's because of his amazing versatility and all around game that he fits so well)
    - Howard's offense seems to have improved quite a bit, but his FT is still weak
    - Howard has a huge impact on defense, but fouls a lot

I have a feeling that if you switched both players, you'd have a l heck of a lot more people saying DH is hands down the best in the league.

It's going to be quite interesting to see how things shake out when Bynum returns. That "we must get Bynum the first 23 shots of the game" thing might change...

I rule the local playground Svendiggity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BallPhunk
    It's a tough call.

- Pau is a beast, but does benefit from the system and playing with Kobe (that said, it's because of his amazing versatility and all around game that he fits so well)
    - Howard's offense seems to have improved quite a bit, but his FT is still weak
    - Howard has a huge impact on defense, but fouls a lot

I have a feeling that if you switched both players, you'd have a l heck of a lot more people saying DH is hands down the best in the league.

It's going to be quite interesting to see how things shake out when Bynum returns. That "we must get Bynum the first 23 shots of the game" thing might change...
    I agree that more people would be saying it, but that doesn't make it true. I've thought Pau was the best big ever since he put on 15-20 pounds of muscle 2 years ago. He plays tough, and can score on big bodied guys now. It's hard to get Pau out of his comfort zone because he's so comfortable doing everything on the court. Dwight still looks uncomfortable doing certain things on the court, and good teams can take advantage of that.

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
    Dude is playing great , no doubt about that but when people are saying he is the best big in league is just And some are even saying he is the BEST PLAYER ON THE LAKERS.

Dirk has always and still is a better player than Gasol. Howard>Gasol too. Put Gasol on the Mavs and I guaranteeing you that they wont win 50 ++ games like the Mavs have done for a long time
    Repped for telling the absolute truth.

I'd rather have Pau Gasol than Dirk as my PF in most cases. I wouldn't even compare Dirk and Pau since Dirk plays more like a small forward anyway. I like Pau more because of his rebounding, especially offensive rebounds. Dirk can score, but so can a lot of players, it's harder to find someone that can grab a lot of rebounds. Odom and Gasol's rebounding is one of the main reasons why the Lakers are still undefeated.

Give Dirk an perimeter-oriented offensive weapon more or less on his level, put him on the C spot and he grabs more rebounds. Isn't it obvious why Pau grabs more rebounds?

Quote Originally Posted by creepingdeath
    Give Dirk an perimeter-oriented offensive weapon more or less on his level, put him on the C spot and he grabs more rebounds. Isn't it obvious why Pau grabs more rebounds?
    Pretty sure Pau was grabbin boards at the PF spot with Bynum playing.

Pretty sure he doesn't play perimeter-oriented.

He is actually underrated. Statistically speaking last year he was the best player on the LAkers. He led the team in PER and Win Shares in the season and Win Shares in the playoffs. Which means he led in 3 of the 4 in the season and playoffs.
    In 2009 he led in Win Shares in the season, but Kobe led in both WS and PER in the playoffs, so Kobe led in 3 of the 4 that year.