Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Default The official F Amare Stoudemire thread

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/amar-e-...medium=twitter

Is this dude serious? So he supposedly wants a buyout so he can play for a contender. Yes, the same Amare who hasn't played a full season as a Knick. The same Amare who's been the highest paid player on the team and puts up Andray Blatche numbers (if that). The same Amare who is currently injured AGAIN, wants a buyout. You know...because we're holding him back lmfaoooooo

You gotta be ****in kidding me here. Make a decision whether to ask for a buyout? Earlier he was talkin about he'll have to really sit down and decide whether I want to come back. MFer you're lucky Fisher is the coach because if it were me, I would have BEEN Stephon Marbury'd his ass and made him sit separately from the team at games.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Default Re: The official F Amare Stoudemire thread

The discontent can go both ways cause the franchise really did him no favors as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    The discontent can go both ways cause the franchise really did him no favors as well.
    I can see this - but we paid him an awful lot of money.

NBA rookie of the year

The closest he comes to mentioning a buyout there is, "...all options are open." Is there a video or something?

he is the one than made the knicks marginally relevant for atleast one season when no one else wanted to sign... i think he deserves to go and try to get 1 in his dwindling twilight years...its not his fault his body cannot put out prime years anymore, just blame dolan for that horrendous monstrous contract he put out there for him to sign

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    he is the one than made the knicks marginally relevant for atleast one season when no one else wanted to sign... i think he deserves to go and try to get 1 in his dwindling twilight years...its not his fault his body cannot put out prime years anymore, just blame dolan for that horrendous monstrous contract he put out there for him to sign
    You gonna put the blame on Jim? I have to disagree here.

That signing was all Donnie Walsh. Jim was the one who gutted the team for Melo.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    I can see this - but we paid him an awful lot of money.
    That the market dictated he should get and his play (PRIOR to the franchise crumbling under fan and media pressure and destroying itself to acquire Carmelo Anthony) said was warranted.

The Knicks current state has nothing to do with Amar'e Stoudemire's commitment to the team. It has to do with poor leadership in the basketball ops area by the key decision makers.

That the market dictated he should get and his play (PRIOR to the franchise crumbling under fan and media pressure and destroying itself to acquire Carmelo Anthony) said was warranted.

The Knicks current state has nothing to do with Amar'e Stoudemire's commitment to the team. It has to do with poor leadership in the basketball ops area by the key decision makers.
    I never questioned Amare's dedication or work ethic. And I probably wouldn't even be in here now if it wasn't for Phil Jackson (who I know you distrust - it's all good by me.) Knick's front office made one bad mistake after another. Jim Dolan's decision to bring in Phil and hand over the reigns spoke volumes to me. We'll see if it pays off. That being said, I want Amare gone. He can't defend worth a lick. It would be nice to see them buy him out, and he goes to a contender, but I doubt this happens.

NBA rookie of the year

Goodnight, sweet prince.

How so? He got paid his money and was almost never on the court. Not seeing how he's been done some sort of disservice. Please explain

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    How so? He got paid his money and was almost never on the court. Not seeing how he's been done some sort of disservice. Please explain
    perhaps build a better team for one. they certainly had plenty of cap space and draft picks after they signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    perhaps build a better team for one. they certainly had plenty of cap space and draft picks after they signed him.
    LMFAO You're joking right? He got paid 24 mill a year to basically be Andray Blatche. You have got to be kidding me. The same person who repeatedly complains about Carmelo Anthony is sympathetic toward Amare Stoudemire. What would putting a better team around him accomplish? Getting him a ring he didn't earn? HE WASN'T ON THE COURT. And when he was on the court, he was a shell of himself. And when he was off the court, he complained about being on the court too much. Then when we played him more, he complained about being overused.

I'm not going to sit up here and act like Amare Stoudemire asked to be injured, but let's be real here. He was never on the court, and when he was, he acted like he completely forgot he's done nothing for us beyond his first season. It's not his production I'm even pissed about. It's his audacity to act like we were the ones who did HIM wrong. FOH.
    Last edited by franchize; 02-17-2015 at 07:22 PM.

LMFAO You're joking right? He got paid 24 mill a year to basically be Andray Blatche. You have got to be kidding me. The same person who repeatedly complains about Carmelo Anthony is sympathetic toward Amare Stoudemire. What would putting a better team around him accomplish? Getting him a ring he didn't earn? HE WASN'T ON THE COURT. And when he was on the court, he was a shell of himself. And when he was off the court, he complained about being on the court too much. Then when we played him more, he complained about being overused.

I'm not going to sit up here and act like Amare Stoudemire asked to be injured, but let's be real here. He was never on the court, and when he was, he acted like he completely forgot he's done nothing for us beyond his first season. It's not his production I'm even pissed about. It's his audacity to act like we were the ones who did HIM wrong. FOH.
    Building a better team should have happened anyway, it's not specific to Amare.

ironically we now have the new Amare....a 124 million dollar player who needs ironically...knee surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Building a better team should have happened anyway, it's not specific to Amare.

ironically we now have the new Amare....a 124 million dollar player who needs ironically...knee surgery.
    That still doesn't explain why Amare was done a disservice. If anything, Knicks fans were. He was part of the problem.

As for the rest of your statement, Melo could never play another minute for the Knicks and will still have done way more on the court for us than Amare ever has. That's really not up for debate is it?

That still doesn't explain why Amare was done a disservice. If anything, Knicks fans were. He was part of the problem.

As for the rest of your statement, Melo could never play another minute for the Knicks and will still have done way more on the court for us than Amare ever has. That's really not up for debate is it?
    I dont think either has done anything noteworthy in a Knicks uniform.

That shouldnt be up for debate...it's obvious.