NBA rookie of the year

Default Jay Williams: "I wanted to get a bat & bash Kevin Love's legs in"

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: Jay Williams: "I wanted to get a bat & bash Kevin Love's legs in"

Damn.

Love owns this cat.

And I like Jay.

Love made this dude want to commit suicide.

Shit man, that's sad.

I rule the local playground

In 2008, Williams was representing Ceruzzi Sports and Entertainment, a company that essentially bribed a California AAU coach named Pat Barrett $250,000 to gain access to players he had an influence over. Barrett previously coached Kevin Love, and wanted to introduce the UCLA power forward to Williams.

A bombshell Yahoo! Sports piece back in 2009 quoted Love’s reaction to the offer to meet with Williams, and it wasn’t pretty:

“If I was going with an agent, why would I ever go with a guy who, no offense, but he crashed a motorcycle into a tree. I’m not going to go with a guy that’s reckless.”

http://www.bigplay.com/kevin-loves-h...icide-attempt/

Jay could've been a star.

It's a shame; he was reckless.

Kevin Love's a POS, jesus

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    It sounds worse now that we know how much it affected Williams.

It wasn't a cool thing to do obviously though, and it was an obvious betrayal and diss of someone who thought he was cool with you, but its something that I would say 80% of college kids do (talk about someone behind their back)....the only difference being these guys were on a public stage

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

At the 20 minute mark he talks about dudes on that Bulls team being high during games. And it is kinda funny actually..."do you smell popcorn?"

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate

I thought it was well known that Love was extremely arrogant and cocky as soon as he came into the league, and even in college.
    As he should though. Not a big deal. You're a star college recruit who ended up being a star NBA player.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    I thought it was well known that Love was extremely arrogant and cocky as soon as he came into the league, and even in college.
    As he should though. Not a big deal. You're a star college recruit who ended up being a star NBA player.
    people don't understand what success does to people.

look at Curry this year. there is a certain level of awesome that makes a bit of arrogance inevitable.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Luckily Bron humbled the little boy