Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Default Re: Show me a season where Lebron's 2nd option wasn't a current or former all-star

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    James has played great, consistent defense these past 7 years? **** outtta here with that nonsense.
    Apex-Wade level defense every game? No. Consistently great defense in the playoffs? Yes. Also, I'm not saying Lebron's career averages > Peak Wade, just that Swish's Jordan-agenda shade at Lebron obscures the fact that LBJ averages ~27-7-7 for his career, which is comparable to 28-8-8.

If he stayed healthy, Wade would be a top 10-13 player ever IMO, but I think James at his best is better.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Show me a season where Lebron's 2nd option wasn't a current or former all-star

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyPls
    Apex-Wade level defense every game? No. Consistently great defense in the playoffs? Yes. Also, I'm not saying Lebron's career averages > Peak Wade, just that Swish's Jordan-agenda shade at Lebron obscures the fact that LBJ averages ~27-7-7 for his career, which is comparable to 28-8-8.

If he stayed healthy, Wade would be a top 10-13 player ever IMO, but I think James at his best is better.

If wade stayed healthy there wouldn't be all this nonsense talk about Kobe...because nobody would care because we'd all have Wade greater.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 09-19-2016 at 05:37 AM.

Local High School Star

Show me a season where xyz 2nd option wasn't a current or former all-star

Every star has a 2nd option who was a current or former all star.

So basically Lebron's career averages.
    Basically it shows that prime Wade was capable of near Lebron-like numbers but in a much smaller body, less physical advantages( though Wade was obviously no athletic slouch) and freakish ability to stay healthy over 13 years.

So yes, that does deserve applause.

If wade stayed healthy there wouldn't be all this nonsense talk about Kobe...because nobody would care because we'd all have Wade greater.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    Basically it shows that prime Wade was capable of near Lebron-like numbers but in a much smaller body, less physical advantages( though Wade was obviously no athletic slouch) and freakish ability to stay healthy over 13 years.

So yes, that does deserve applause.
    Wade is a monster, and I won't denigrate him to prop up Lebron.

Wade is a monster, and I won't denigrate him to prop up Lebron.
    Well done. Way too much of that shit on this forum. It's possible to be a fan(or stan) without pissing on other greats.

Jordan Stopper

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    Well done. Way too much of that shit on this forum. It's possible to be a fan(or stan) without pissing on other greats.
    Exactly

But if that was the case that would mean that Lebron colluded with a version of Wade that was even better than Kobe! If you think people think of him as a ring chaser now, imagine what people would think if he teamed up with a Kobesque version of Wade?!

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    But if that was the case that would mean that Lebron colluded with a version of Wade that was even better than Kobe! If you think people think of him as a ring chaser now, imagine what people would think if he teamed up with a Kobesque version of Wade?!
    Imagine if Kobe had played 8 years with the MDE in his prime?