Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Show me a season where Lebron's 2nd option wasn't a current or former all-star

I'll wait..

By virtue of being all-stars, Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Mo Williams were considered top 3 players at their position in the conference.. Otoh, before 1990, Jordan's 2nd option wasn't anywhere NEAR a top 3 player at their position, so his supporting players were weaker relative to their competition than Lebron's.. MJ's weaker supporting cast is why his first 3 rings required 30% more PPG than Lebron's 3 rings, with equal assists.

In addition to a weaker supporting cast, Jordan also faced superior competition, since his rings required him to defeat TWICE the number of 50-win teams as Lebron in less games (179 playoff games to Lebron's 199)..

Ultimately, Lebron's stronger cast and weaker competition allowed him to make the 2007 Finals by averaging only 25 ppg on 41% in ECSF, and 26 ppg on 45% in ECF - those stats would be among the worst of Jordan's career and wouldn't be enough to carry the Bulls out of the first round, let alone to the Finals.

Banned

Default Re: Show me a season where Lebron's 2nd option wasn't a current or former all-star

LeBron in 2016 and Jordan in 1986 both had 0 all-star teammates.

The difference?

LeBron - Championship over 73 win team

Jordan - Swept in the 1st round

Banned

Default Re: Show me a season where Lebron's 2nd option wasn't a current or former all-star

3ball, did Lebron have a Current all-star on his roster this season?

Jordan held back BJ Armstrong

OP won again. Accept your defeat Bron Stans

Show me a season where jordan won more than 1 playoff game without pippen.

Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    OP won again. Accept your defeat Bron Stans
    And accept LeBron's won more titles in 5 seasons than the Knicks have in 70

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents

Lebron played more than 5 seasons though. Stop cherry picking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Lebron played more than 5 seasons though. Stop cherry picking.
    Lebron has done more in the playoffs in 13 years than the knicks have in 70.

Not much better

Here we're comparing Mo Williams and Zydrunas Ilgauskas with HOF Scottie Pippen. Hey lets compare Mike Brown with Phil Jackson too!

NBA All-star

show me an argument that Lebron didn't enter the league when he was just out of high school

by entering the league just out of high school he was able to guarantee himself to be even younger than the same player in his draft class

by having to go through 3 years of college before going professional, we prove that Jordan didn't treat basketball just as a job

show me an argument as to why if anyone wants to be the greatest ever wouldn't go pro the very second they are allowed to

just show me

Jordan wasn't good enough to come straight out of high school like bron did. Coming straight out of high school he was winning playoff series and was in the finals ahead of schedule, Otoh jordan was getting spanked in the first round every year before getting bailed out by pippen and jackson.

Jordan with less help that Lebron had didn't even allow game 7's to take place. He didn't know how to allow a game 7. He also didn't know how to lose in the finals. Never mention lebron in the same breath as MJ. MJ was worlds better at basketball.

Winning>Stats

Didn't Jordan have multiple all star and scoring champion George Gervin on his team his rookie year and won 38 games and lost in the first round?