Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    College superstar

Default Re: Wilt averaged 32.8 ppg in Playoffs ( Better than Lebron, Kareem, Shaq)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    That's ridiculous. I van say that Wade wasn't the dedicated scorer for any playoff run except 2006-2010 and he barely played in 2007-2009. So it's 2 seasons.

He still has more playoff points than Wilt and is a better playoff scorer and finals scorer than Wilt
    Wilt might be the only player who needs stans to set arbitrary cutoff points to make him look less horrific than he is
    I have no idea what Wade has to do with this, and I am not a Wilt stan by any stretch of the imagination. Also if you actually had a knowledge of the history of the game that extended beyond copied and pastied stats that can be achieved by going to bballref.com, you would understand that the op's 7 year cutoff was not arbitrary whatsoever.

Default Re: Wilt averaged 32.8 ppg in Playoffs ( Better than Lebron, Kareem, Shaq)

Not only did Wilt average 32.8 ppg in the playoffs in his high scoring seasons. He did this while facing the GOAT defender in 57.7% of his games, an absurdly high ratio.
    He still never had a playoff series during that 7 season stretch when he averaged less than 27.8 ppg, something that no other player in his highest scoring span could claim (minimum of 5 seasons in a row): 1987-93 Jordan had 27.4 vs the Pistons in '88, 1962-70 Jerry West had 2 series below Wilt's worst, 1999-06 Iverson had 25.8 and 26.5 in 2000, 1961-67 Robertson had 24.8 in 1967, 1960-65 Baylor had 24.2 in 1964, prime Kareem, Bird and Shaq had multiple, etc.

And that's his playoff "weakness"...

Good college starter TommyGriffin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    I have no idea what Wade has to do with this, and I am not a Wilt stan by any stretch of the imagination. Also if you actually had a knowledge of the history of the game that extended beyond copied and pastied stats that can be achieved by going to bballref.com, you would understand that the op's 7 year cutoff was not arbitrary whatsoever.
    If you realized the bold then you would know that OP's stats are as meaningful as a dog turd.

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    Not only did Wilt average 32.8 ppg in the playoffs in his high scoring seasons. He did this while facing the GOAT defender in 57.7% of his games, an absurdly high ratio.
    He still never had a playoff series during that 7 season stretch when he averaged less than 27.8 ppg, something that no other player in his highest scoring span could claim (minimum of 5 seasons in a row): 1987-93 Jordan had 27.4 vs the Pistons in '88, 1962-70 Jerry West had 2 series below Wilt's worst, 1999-06 Iverson had 25.8 and 26.5 in 2000, 1961-67 Robertson had 24.8 in 1967, 1960-65 Baylor had 24.2 in 1964, prime Kareem, Bird and Shaq had multiple, etc.

22ppg Career Playoff Average.

22 ppg career playoffs lol

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas

22 ppg career playoffs average

It took Wilt 7 seasons to become the NBA's all-time leading scorer , surpassing Bob Petit. Once he hit that milestone he switched his game up entirely and went on to lead the league in Assists, TS%, and became more of a team player.

The lion's share of his playoff games occurred after he switched styles, but nuances like this just confuse the hell out of clowns like Feeny.

Serious playground baller Annyong!'s Avatar

Cool, now post in Finals averages.

There's no reason to think that anyone who dominated back then (Wilt) wouldn't be a top 3 player in any era if they were born near the same time as Lebron and others with the same access to what Bron had in his generation. Who gives a shit how his numbers would translate, the point is that he'd be a top player and the league today would be better if Wilt was playing in it.