Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease luckylucy's Avatar

Default Re: 2020 Timberwolves Championship Wagon

I

Serious playground baller Annyong!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigKAT
    Get to the WCF multiple times + an MVP season for KAT before choking a 3-1 lead and then get rid of everyone except Wiggins and hope that Giannis will come over in FA?
    Pretty much. Moderate success, but no ring and then the team mostly falls apart.

"3 is greater than 2" CuterThanRubio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    @rubio : olympics, you could see how different teams ellected to guard him ... on a spain team STACKED with shooting and smarts .. just the PERFECT team for rubio. I also don't need to see something when I can analyze for what it is. Again, I think rubio is crazy underrated.

4ppg and 2 more rebounds is nothing compared to his consistent ability to open up the court with his range and slashing game. Look at the portland roster and just imagine the spacing with rubio. This league is a 3&dunk league with few quick thinking players (reality) so trillard is more valuable in a general situation because of it. I'd rather have rubio on a smart team, but trillard is a great fit for a random team (like portland).

jr smith's defense is extremely overrated to the point it's becoming hilarious. He easily bites on many fakes and gets by with athleticism. His positioning, posture, awareness, dumb fouls all scream bad fundamentals and have been exploited these past playoffs. On offense sure he can get LIT but he is wildly inconsistent and you don't win rings on hot streaks, you win them on cold streaks (like this finals game 7). He is a bonus player not a core player. They'd switch him for danny green, a miami heat battier, or a peak derek fisher in a heartbeat. If he were such a good player he wouldn't have a problem getting good offers regardless of his club escapades ... but isn't getting any.

Imo JR smith is perfect example of what is wrong in today's nba fans : they appreciate short spectacular boom/bust play over steady play. Even if we're talking about the same production per minute a high variance (large inconsistency) will lead to team difficulties in executing game plans (player fouls out, player shoots like shit, player has checked out mentally) which affects the entire team. In high stakes games where everybody has the cheeks firmly clenched you don't want variance, you want to execute your gameplan to a T and get the win.

These inconsistencies are almost always attacked by good coaches, because an inconsistent player (jr smith) or an inconsistent skill (lebron shooting) will almost certainly underperform under serious pressure, unless that player is also very strong mentally (jr smith NO, lebron YES). Highly volatile skills/players are very unsteady and they'll look great against 1st round fodder and horrible in tough series ... series where these skills are really needed. Consistency is absolutely critical, especially in role players, as they provide a limited set of skills, if these aren't working they are literally dead weight.

Example of inconsistent skills/players which have been speculated by coaches in the past years:
    - lebron (outside shooting)
    - kobe (mentally -> hero ball mentality, 6/24)
    - wade (outside shooting)
    - westbrook (clock management and pace control)
    - durant (ball domination and willingness to fight for possession)
    - howard (encourage his team to freeze him on offense -> check out mentally)
    - griffin (post offense)
    - cp3 (keeping the ball too much)
    - bosh (rebounding)
    - love (perimeter/help defense)

Now role players don't provide the variety or skill dominance of star players (e.g. love might suck defending the pnr but he'll give a shitload of boards and a post presence) so when they are inconsistent and on a bad roll they are literally DEAD WEIGHT.

Consistency is the name of the game for the winners, especially for role players.

That's why rubio's shooting and jr smith game are bad bets for high stakes games, they'll be/were put under crazy pressure from any competent coach

Bad bets for high stakes games................... except Rubio just won an olympic medal and JR has a championship ring

Your BBIQ is low as fvck, son, legitimate idiocy, get ready to hide when Rubio is dishing 10+ per game and the Wolves are in playoff position!

Quote Originally Posted by CuterThanRubio
    Bad bets for high stakes games................... except Rubio just won an olympic medal and JR has a championship ring

Your BBIQ is low as fvck, son, legitimate idiocy, get ready to hide when Rubio is dishing 10+ per game and the Wolves are in playoff position!

Give him that though,
    Rubio has been consistently underpeforming with Team Spain in the last 2 Tournaments.

But yeah Rubio is a beast in the NBA, if he even slightly elavate his shot (To the point where open 3pts usually go in) they can do wonders with him on the court.

History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

Is it too early?

This could potentially be one hell of a bump.

Hop in boys.
    I would say you're late, we have been hearing this for about 5 years now. It's just usually the guy with the half wolf/Ricky face Avi. As currently constructed I would say this roster has nothing for the warriors, spurs or clippers, but hard to say what the teams will look like by 2020. With the bottom of the west being a dumpster fire they should at least make it in this year. But as a bengals fan let me tell you making the playoffs every year isnt fun when you don't have a real chance of winning it all.

jr won a ring yet nobody even wanted to give him an offer afterwards ... solid argument tbh!

and rubio just won an olympic medal by shooting 25% for 3pts/3reb/4ast/3fouls in a grand total of 16 minutes vs australia.. his tournament averages are 17 mins 5pts/3reb/3ast/3fouls on 36%fg and 26%3pter .. and this is on an aging spanish team where his skills (athleticism, playmaking,defense) are MAXIMIZED and his weaknesses are hidden (shooting).

so yes talk about ball iq more son

Give him that though,
    Rubio has been consistently underpeforming with Team Spain in the last 2 Tournaments.

But yeah Rubio is a beast in the NBA, if he even slightly elavate his shot (To the point where open 3pts usually go in) they can do wonders with him on the court.
    He had a couple of decent games, and they won the bronze so it is hard to blame him for a supposed failure, he isn't the focal point of their offensive strategy and plays limited minutes and international ball is barely comparable to the NBA, Patty Mills should be one of the best players in the league if that was the case.

+Swagga :

J.R. Smith was vital to the title!, he was the main catalyst for Cleveland's space and pace approach, he made 3 3's per game on 43% in the playoffs, including 5-10 in the finals series changing 30 point drubbing in game 3.

His current contract situation doesn't change history, J.R. is a workhorse off the bench and has been an elite sparkplug guy for years.

Trashing J.R. Smith and LaVine, two guys with a similar game, seems like you aren't willing or able to appreciate reckless and unpredictable shot makers, that's fine, but denying their value is ridiculous and J.R. has proven that those type of players belong on championship caliber rosters.

ADAPT WITH THE TIMES (RETARD)!

Boom or bust plays are usually worth more points, you aren't going to win a championship by playing it safe, you need guys who thrive on hitting contested and outrageously deep shots, relying on them completely is a different story, but the best teams feature players who can get momentum changing buckets, not just the predictable and less valuable.

Also, why would a team be reliant on Rubio's shooting in crunch time? He has hit game winners before, mind you, but to disregard the rest of his attributes because of his weakness is ignorance, he would be the one finding the shooter most of the time, not taking the shot.

you can play stupid for a laugh but nobody is taking you seriously in here, you definitely aren't impressing me at all, and I'm in chill mode right now, this is light work!

I'll be throwing retards like you into the trash can with the quickness come regular season, anyone in my path will get embarrassed, B'LEE DAT, FVCKBOY!

Last edited by CuterThanRubio; 09-08-2016 at 04:55 PM.

He had a couple of decent games, and they won the bronze so it is hard to blame him for a supposed failure, he isn't the focal point of their offensive strategy and plays limited minutes and international ball is barely comparable to the NBA, Patty Mills should be one of the best players in the league if that was the case.

+Swagga :

J.R. Smith was vital to the title!, he was the main catalyst for Cleveland's space and pace approach, he made 3 3's per game on 43% in the playoffs, including 5-10 in the finals series changing 30 point drubbing in game 3.

His current contract situation doesn't change history, J.R. is a workhorse off the bench and has been an elite sparkplug guy for years.

Trashing J.R. Smith and LaVine, two guys with a similar game, seems like you aren't willing or able to appreciate reckless and unpredictable shot makers, that's fine, but denying their value is ridiculous and J.R. has proven that those type of players belong on championship caliber rosters.

ADAPT WITH THE TIMES (RETARD)!

Boom or bust plays are usually worth more points, you aren't going to win a championship by playing it safe, you need guys who thrive on hitting contested and outrageously deep shots, relying on them completely is a different story, but the best teams feature players who can get momentum changing buckets, not just the predictable and less valuable.

Also, why would a team be reliant on Rubio's shooting in crunch time? He has hit game winners before, mind you, but to disregard the rest of his attributes because of his weakness is ignorance, he would be the one finding the shooter most of the time, not taking the shot.

you can play stupid for a laugh but nobody is taking you seriously in here, you definitely aren't impressing me at all, and I'm in chill mode right now, this is light work!

I'll be throwing retards like you into the trash can with the quickness come regular season, anyone in my path will get embarrassed, B'LEE DAT, FVCKBOY!

this retarded niglet .. I won't even bother with you son, your post has the clarity of a meth addict.

this retarded niglet .. I won't even bother with you son, your post has the clarity of a meth addict.

"Niglet"...................?

What kind of lame and lonely person uses that type of language?, there is no way you have any friends in real life, you are acting like a racist middle schooler sharing black jokes on the playground, and great job ducking the onslaught, I knew you would resort to predictable cowardly tactics instead of addressing the truth, I'm too good at this.

Ridding the thread of your nonsense was my main intention and I succeeded with one well executed post, don't bother responding anymore, you aren't wanted here!

We Wolves fans (Fake trolls included) will be laughing all the way to the bank sooner than later, the drought has lasted so long I can be happy even if they never win a title,

+I know you see LuckyLucy in here showing the crew love, is that why you are mad? One of the few women I have seen on the forum is riding with the wolfpack, life is good!

I don't want to interrupt your discussion.

But, am I saving you a seat on this wagon or not?

Local High School Star LilEddyCurry's Avatar

Trade Rubio + Payne for Noel.

Quote Originally Posted by LilEddyCurry
    What, why.

Unproven commodity.

Maybe Dieng and Payne.
    Maybe.

"Niglet"...................?

What kind of lame and lonely person uses that type of language?, there is no way you have any friends in real life, you are acting like a racist middle schooler sharing black jokes on the playground, and great job ducking the onslaught, I knew you would resort to predictable cowardly tactics instead of addressing the truth, I'm too good at this.

Ridding the thread of your nonsense was my main intention and I succeeded with one well executed post, don't bother responding anymore, you aren't wanted here!

We Wolves fans (Fake trolls included) will be laughing all the way to the bank sooner than later, the drought has lasted so long I can be happy even if they never win a title,

+I know you see LuckyLucy in here showing the crew love, is that why you are mad? One of the few women I have seen on the forum is riding with the wolfpack, life is good!

look son, first I'm sorry I've hurt your feelings (wonder whose losers alt are you).
    I'll take it easy on you and just post some facts here:
    - rubio was trash at the olympics shooting 36 %fg and 25 %3p. He couldn't get starter minutes on a team in dire need of guard defense.
    - rubio is a 37 %fg and 31 %3p for his career and for last year .. it's not like he is improving his shooting.
    - the nba is a 3p dominated league. all stronger team (cavs, warriors, spurs, hawks, raptors, clippers, etc) have competent pgs who must be guarded or else they'll bury you from 3p. they also shoot respectable percentages.
    - the wolves have drafted a PG with their top 5 pick. That should tell you all you need to know about their thoughts on rubio as a starter.

You can nig around all you want with gifs but it is obvious that the wolves aren't blind to this reality and they are taking steps in addressing team needs. It's actually quite probable for rubio to be on his last wolves years.

and lmao at woman relevancy on a basketball forum .. only a virgin 13 year old would even imagine saying shit like this .. "cuter then rubio" .. youth these days facing a homosexual epidemic

Quote Originally Posted by LilEddyCurry
    What, why.

Unproven commodity.

Maybe Dieng and Payne.
    Maybe.
    noel isn't going anywhere. he is young and can protect the rim and that makes him super valuable, he will only be moved for star talent.

I wouldn't trade rubio as his nba value is low and he is a valuable piece during these next growing years. I'd trade lavine as GMs are always suckers for shooting and athleticism and that boy plays like he was lobotomized, but not now, in a 1/2 years. Try to trade with an amateur franchise (kings, nets) as they'll be in dire need to sell tickets (exactly what lavine will do). Imo if the wolves know what they are doing they could get you good young piece or a top 10 pick in a good draft for lavine.

noel isn't going anywhere. he is young and can protect the rim and that makes him super valuable, he will only be moved for star talent.

I wouldn't trade rubio as his nba value is low and he is a valuable piece during these next growing years. I'd trade lavine as GMs are always suckers for shooting and athleticism and that boy plays like he was lobotomized, but not now, in a 1/2 years. Try to trade with an amateur franchise (kings, nets) as they'll be in dire need to sell tickets (exactly what lavine will do). Imo if the wolves know what they are doing they could get you good young piece or a top 10 pick in a good draft for lavine.
    Trading with the Kings feels bad.
    They are so desperate and disfunctional, you always feel like you're robbing them blind or ****ing yourself up.